• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This game isn't just bad, it's REALLY bad!

Years
(I had to put the AVGN reference; this thread, and particularly this post is so relevant for it)

Hello gamers. You guys may have played a lot of games, but for every few good games there is bound to be a bad one, and if you're courageous enough to remember some of the worst video games you've ever played, feel free to talk about them here. Before I "let" you post, though, I'd like to share my own story.

I remember visiting my mom's friend's house in Utah in 2003. She had a SNES and Nintendo 64 in the basement with lots of great games such as Super Mario World, Star fox, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, and Pokemon Snap. However, there was one game that still haunts me to this very day... Superman 64.

Superman64box.jpg

Oh gods! My eyes!!!

Plagued by god-awful controls, uninspiring gameplay, crappy music, and a decent-at-best (I think this is being too generous on my part) plot, it comes as no surprise that Superman 64 tops my list of worst games I've ever played. Really, all I ever remember trying to do was not to miss those damn rings and I could never get past the first stage because the controls just sucked beyond belief. I later found about ProtonJonSA's playthrough of Superman 64 and boy, after seeing that, shutting off the game in frustration in the first stage was the best thing I could've done with this game. In fact, if the game was mine, I would've probably grabbed a hammer and repeatedly smash it until it didn't resemble a game cartridge.

There are a lot of games out there besides Superman 64 that I've only heard about its awfulness, such as E.T. (Atari 2600), Action 52 (NES), Shaq Fu, Friday the 13th (NES), and Sonic 06, but I haven't played those games so I reserve my criticism on those games... for now. So, what are some of the bad games you've played so far in your life?

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I wouldn't really classify any games I've played as 'bad'. Buggy? Yeah. (Fixed with a patch) Boring? Yeah (Personal preferance). But nothing that completely sucked.

And now I remember Star Raiders. It's a decent game but it's control setup is complete ****.

Now, you want to see a game that sucks? Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing. That game is complete garbage. Ironically, it quickly became a collectors item, entirely because it sucked so bad.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Worst game I ever played? Hmm... 2 words. Atari 2600. Its library was TERRIBLE. It was host to two of the worst travesties ever known to gaming: E.T. the video game, and Pacman 2600.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Definitely Superman 64, for Nintendo 64.

It was boring, repetitive, the graphics were strange, it ugh; it was virtually almost unplayable, imo.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Dungeon Lords.

It has a good skill system, ok graphics, but also an nearly empty open world which isn't open, has logic issues (out of some artifacts there is one they tell you to get first, but funnily it's the last one you get), stupid AI, invincible enemies that aren't invincible which one the one hand makes you overpowered (because they give so much exp) and on the other hand breaks so many puzzles, it's not even funny. The ending is stupid too: you get told that you can freely visit every place and see what you changed, but after the dialog the only thing you get to see is the credits.

Some people say, that this game is mostly built for multiplayer but if it was why is there a singleplayer? Also it seems many people complain about the multiplayer having even more bugs and glitches.

Years
I know I'm the only person that's gonna say this, but New Vegas. For me, the game failed in all categories that I rate games in. There was no excitement and I didn't find the plot compelling. I try to like this game, but I just can't and when I get round to playing it, all the hopes I had for it being better this time round drop and I don't think I'm gonna waste my time with it anymore, quite frankly.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Anything Call of Duty. The same every time with minor changes to the extremely limited palettes they have and launch it as "2".

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
The worst game I have played is Sonic Riders for the kinect on the 360, I don't actully own the game but I played it at my in laws last christmas. I found it very difficult to control, so I lost every race I did.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I'm sorta surprised Sonic 2006 hasn't been brought up yet. There is just so much wrong with that game. The controls are bad regardless of platform, the graphics are basically an attempt of Sonic x Final Fantasy which does not work at all, glitchy as hell, the plot is just a big ball of awkward (and makes itself completely pointless in the end), and probably the biggest kick in the face from it is due to how it was hyped to be the franchise's revival. Pretty shameful, really.

Years
I'm sorta surprised Sonic 2006 hasn't been brought up yet. There is just so much wrong with that game. The controls are bad regardless of platform, the graphics are basically an attempt of Sonic x Final Fantasy which does not work at all, glitchy as hell, the plot is just a big ball of awkward (and makes itself completely pointless in the end), and probably the biggest kick in the face from it is due to how it was hyped to be the franchise's revival. Pretty shameful, really.

I haven't played Sonic 06 myself but based on poor reviews and all of my friends saying it's downright unplayable, I plan to steer clear from it.

TY

-sigh-
It was like i bought MW2 again, but then with other weapons, perks and maps... It was so rubbish. The story wasnt interesting at all and most of the cutscenes were just laughably bad. Multiplayer wasnt that fun cause once again communities ruin the place. The Specal Ops missions were really bad and the survival mode... im not even gonna start there...

Worst 60 euro's spent in my life...

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
The new SimCity game was one of the biggest disappointments for me in the current era of gaming. Staple features like subways and altering the terrain were removed, and map sizes were severely shrunken down from previous installments. The game also requires a persistent internet connection, which can get really annoying. While the idea of multiple players controlling different cities in a region and buying/ selling services to each other is cool, there should be no need for the game to be online while in single player mode. On top of that, it requires a monster of a computer just to run without issues.

In a similar vein, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D was awful as well. Just like in SimCity, important aspects like terraforming were removed, and ride customization options were severely limited. When this game was first announced I was excited, as there hadn't been an entry in the series in a few years and I was really looking forward to it. What we eventually got was something that had little thought put into it.

Lastly, there's 7th Saga, an RPG for the SNES. Before I go all out against this game, let me point out the positive aspects. The story is engaging, and multiple characters to choose from makes replay value high (if you can beat it). The graphics are also very well done, not using the chibi style that was common at the time, and utilizing faux 3D for battles. However, the game's difficulty is unrelenting to the point that the game is barely playable. The enemies are unbalanced for the points in the game at which they appear, making it easy for your character to get clobbered within minutes of starting a new game. Your stat increases upon leveling up are meager, making hours of level grinding necessary to get nearly anywhere. There's also the matter of the other characters whom you didn't select. They may suddenly attack you at random points, and are weighted to always be stronger than you. This is a good game if you want the ultimate RPG challenge, but to many people it's downright unplayable.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I am a connoisseur of terrible gaming and I've played many terrible games such as Action 52 and Superman 64, but I don't like to count those because, like everyone else, I tried those games after hearing they were terrible, not because I played it and though, "holy balls, this is just god awful..."

To me though, there was a game in my childhood that were just.

Unforgivable.

And that game?

Bart_world_front.jpg

Oh my GOD was this game annoying. I remember the other bart game I had for NES, which was Bart versus the Space Mutants, which, I mean, yeah, isn't a good game, but when you're 5 you're just like, whatever I'm spraying stuff purple. I never did get to later levels but I didn't really care. No, this freaking piss poor excuse of a game, had bs mini challenges that either were impossible to understand or were just retarded minigames. Actually, all of them were retarded minigames but they were just... EUGH. I remember playing it right before I sold my NES *teardrops* but I STILL couldn't play it. So I guess it wasn't because I was a dumb little kid then. (I had no problem with beating Pokemon, DKL2 and SMB/SML either).

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Ever play Brink?

Don't play Brink.

All of my problems with this game come down to the AI. It's absolutely terrible to the point where the single player campaigns are nearly unplayable because of it. All the AI knows how to do is run towards the enemy and shoot. They don't try to capture posts or help with objectives or ANYTHING. That's all for the player to do and it's damn near impossible because the enemy AI - you guessed it - constantly charges you while shooting.

Also the parkour elements are useless and the character models look like they have elephantitis.

Years
No one's going to mention the game that caused the industry crash in '83/'84?

E.T. for the Atari 2600. I have actually played this game in some random convention that I was at, as it is a piece of video game history, whether people shy away from it or not. And yes, the game is as awful as it has been made out to be.​

Years
I always make sure a game is going to be at least decent before I buy it so I've never really bought any of the notorious games. I guess the worst would have to be the 2010 reboot of Medal of Honour. Campaign was somehow even more boring than the generic FPS campaign, but the multiplayer (which lets face it is the reason for buying) was even worse. Every map, spawn, killed by sniper, respawn and repeat.

I watched a LP of Superman 64 to see what it was like and it was actually horrible. I remember the ending being stupid as well so there wasn't much reward for getting to the end.

Years
Probably going to have to go with SimCity for the DS. I had it once before, but I sold it. Recently I wanted to play it again... and I reminded myself why I sold it before. It's really... boring, plain and simple.

Back