• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hotel Grand Lake

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hotel Grand Lake, what were your thoughts on it? Situated along the tropical shores of Sinnoh, this resort is the only resort located on the mainland of the region. It includes a few resort houses, a restaurant and a couple of swimming pools; admittedly nothing too special. The only unique aspect of the area is having to find a lady's lost key, (one of the only times that made me actually use my dowsing machine) all for a lava cookie in DP and a white flute in PPt.

Did you like the area? Do you think something more could have been done with it? Did it have wasted potential?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I like it. It's an intriguing place (also notable, IMO, for the restaurant, with its daily double battles with diners, and for the Game Freak director's showy house). I like that the layout is something of a maze - you can't get to all of it the first time through, and have to go back after you get the Rock Climb HM to see the rest. And I just like the location - it's one of the places where I wouldn't mind living in the Pokemon universe.

I guess there could've been more there, but I'm not sure what would've fit without spoiling the concept. It's just a scenic resort, with a beach and a hotel and a restaurant and some cottages, and that's fine.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love the double battle restaurant. I love double battles in general, and there are about 4 or 5 of them in there, iirc so that's great grinding! And you can go back everyday! :) Even though the rest of the place didn't interest me, that one place makes it awesome enough to where I'm happy it's there. It's really pretty too, and unique. I like that little addition. Plus it's right next to the ocean. Super fitting, imo. :)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I adored the restaurant, it was such a unique and interesting place, I'd really love to see this return in future games. It was great training for some of my weaker Pokemon and the diversity of the Pokemon you encountered there also helped fill up your Pokedex. Along with that, the wild Pokemon you could catch around the area were amazing, such as Houndour <333.

And some of the events that happened there were fun to do, finding the Hotel Key and getting a nice reward in return, along with the items scattered around which proved to be useful and valuable. It also wasn't too faraway from some of the best cities such as Sunnyshore so I also liked that. I couldn't honestly think of anything to complain about except you had to come back and Rock Climb only to get the worthless TM, Roar. :<

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I liked the Masuda house, the music, and the hidden items. It was a nice area.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I really think that place could've been bigger and better with some sort of a side quest.And it would've been great if you could actually live there.

Back