• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
This may be a bit irrelevant (and/or repetitive) but I can't patch the game correctly. I know that some people have said that they had a bad ROM, but I've looked around in a lot of places, and I can't find a good one. Anyway, when I play (with the "bad" ROM), the intro screen would loop around from intro to the clear all data screen. I've bypassed that by holding B and going into the intro cutscene. There, when you have to pick your name by going to new name, the cursor automatically runs across the letters, making it hard to choose. Later, when Pirca talks to Space, when you're trying to pick a phrase, the cursor now moves up and down. After getting past that, I began the game with Pirca running up and never moving around to anywhere else. Here, I found that only the B button and the Up button work differently. Everything else works fine, aside from the movement. This is from the Alpha 2. Perhaps I need to search for more ROMs, but that's what I have seen so far.

EDIT: After doing another search, I've found a ROM that can actually support this hack. But if anyone out there still intends to try to play with a bad rom, you have been warned on what will come.

Last edited:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Why does it keep coming up with "Winners don't do drugs!"?

Just for fun! I wanted something that would overwrite the original Ruby intro, and there's several different patches you can apply to your ROM that will replace the game's opening cutscene with something else (I have neither the ASM skills to replace it with something entirely of my own creation, nor the patience/art skills to alter all the graphics in the original intro to try and produce something that makes sense for Super Rising Thunder!'s rather unusual concept). I could have gone with the more conventional Game Boy Player or the "if you paid money for this hack, you've been robbed" intro patches, but the "winners don't do drugs!" patch made me laugh - when I was a kid, a lot of arcade machines at pizza places and such would display that same image while they were in attract mode, as seen under the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I will probably replace this with one of the more conventional intros come the next game patch, however, as it's a joke that's rather lost on non-Americans; or Americans who aren't of a certain age and thus wouldn't remember this odd bit of early-to-mid 90's pop culture. While the thought didn't occur to me back then (I needed SOMETHING to overwrite the intro, and that was as good as any), I don't want people who don't get the joke to think that I'm seriously being preachy.

In other, sadder news; there's pretty much no way at this point where I'm going to be able to continue my tradition from the past two years of posting an updated release in December. Money issues (well, a lack of money issue) have forced me to focus on far more mundane things than ROM hacking as of late, and for that, I am really, truly sorry. :( I'm still thinking seriously over the question of whether or not to set up a team thread once I'm in a place to be able to work on this game again (which, on the bright side, is at least looking like it will be sooner rather than later) - while I recognize that having assistance would help the hack to be finished at a much quicker rate, some part of me still feels like it would be a cop-out, or a sign that I'm giving up...I'll worry about that when the time comes, however. In the meantime...you guys have been the most patient, understanding fans, and I love you all for it :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Not a bad joke... =D Still... pretty much what you said, not everyone can get it.
I had no idea to tell the truth =)

Common intro would totally be better alternative =))

It's kinda sad to see that no updates on SRT but it's understandable =) Good luck anyways.

Yukari

I like this hack :) Particularly the steeper Difficulty curve :)

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I really like the look of this, but I'm having troubles opening it, for example, when I try to use WinRAR to extract it, something pops up saying the format is either unknown or damaged.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
Awesome game!!!!

Can't wait for the next release!!

As most of the work I've done on Super Rising Thunder! lately has been on the engine rather than progressing the actual game itself, I'm forced to acknowledge that even this close to the end of the year, and even this close to my normal beta release schedule, that I have virtually nothing to show anyone. There's a new dungeon with no scripts in it yet, one story-based script, and the aforementioned engine work. That's it. That's all I've really accomplished this year. I hate that I've done so little, but in between work, other projects, devoting time to friends, and just life in general...it's forcing me to realize something, and that's that this hack will never be finished in a timely manner if I continue to work on it entirely on my own, doing every single thing by myself. I'm just not a speedy worker...

For this reason, do you guys think I should open a team thread? The main things that slow me down the most and are pretty much the biggest "barriers" to my work progress are mapping (dungeons and towns) and the accompanying puzzles. I'm not clever and it can be difficult to come up with a different puzzle gimmick every dungeon (especially ones that aren't made instantly easy with savestate scumming), so many heads may be better than one here, and mapping...well, my dislike of mapping is why this is a dungeon-based game in the first place, but even that hasn't lead to the desired result of faster progress. If I didn't have to worry about mapping or having to invent elaborate puzzles every time, I could work on progressing the game and playing to the parts of ROM hacking that I like the best - story, scripting, graphics and hex editing - and the things I need to do, like balancing the level curve and gameplay.

If you guys think I should, I'll make a team thread later with a lot more detail and information, but if you think I should stay a solo project, I'll try my best but can't make any speed promises. :( I just hate to disappoint everyone...

I think you should, That way you have help if you have a problem!

I personally am looking for some help since I'm hoping to do a game soon. ^^;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
Hello,
I really want to plat this rom but the ups patcher doesn't let me patch the ruby rom that i have, someone can give me a link where i can download a ruby rom that works?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Hello,
I really want to plat this rom but the ups patcher doesn't let me patch the ruby rom that i have, someone can give me a link where i can download a ruby rom that works?

your best bet to get ROMs is Google, that's all we can say

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
Hello,

Try Coolroms.com, they're pretty good for working roms.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
Oh, great, i used the page that you told me and now it works

Thank you very much

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
Sorry I'm new, but anyway, as I was lucky enough (I swear no hax) Shiny sprite is broken -
r1Ta+JNRXkQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Sorry I'm new, but anyway, as I was lucky enough (I swear no hax) Shiny sprite is broken -
r1Ta+JNRXkQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I apologize for the broken shiny sprites! Adding shiny sprites was low on the priority list when it came time to release the new alpha in order to meet my usual "publishing" schedule, but I promise that working shiny sprites for team members will be coded in by the next patch release (I will attend to that during general sprite overhauls, since a few characters have been redesigned and will need new sprites anyway, including the Hero Pichu himself). Thanks for letting me know about it, though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back