• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
is there any probable date on the next version?

If there was one, then the OP would have said so. There's really no point asking any developer as they're not dedicated game development teams that have an ability to complete their work within a time scale they've set.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I was incredibly surprised to see my name in the special thanks, considering I haven't been online in over a year.

Well, I suppose I'll give it a try then.

*I take it English isn't your first language? Well, no matter, I can understand the gist of what everybody's saying, which is what's important. I'm liking everything so far although the movement seems a bit clunky? I dunno', just the first thing I noticed.
I was incredibly surprised to see you here, you aren't active in around three years! But I am searching resources and other stuff since around 2010 beginning, so I checked several topics, even some older ones, just like a good developer hunting resources need to do.

About the movement, are you talking about the m/s pauses or the stepping animation? The first one its a strange problem in some PCs> In my tests this problem disappears after the first game minutes, I thinks that the computer automatic adjusts to this game as this problem is indifferent if you have save files or not. The second its because I prefer than the ones with the new stepping animation, because I thinks the newer is too fast, but I probably change it on a new version.

First of all I'd like to say great game, I'm having a lot of fun. I do have a question though, at what rank is it possible to purchase stones(fire, water, ect.) from the store? And are you going to ever release any sort of walk-through or at least details on where pokemon are located and such?
And one last thing, accuracy overall seems to have been tweeked with, in my opinion, a little too much. I found at the beginning of the game missing tackle at the start of the match. Maybe I've just been lucky in for the past 10+ years but I've never had attacks like that straight up miss for no reason. But like I said before, love the game. Great job!
At Rank 9 you can buy the stones.

I am against the idea of the game creators making walkthrough of his game, if the creator want to display these thing, spread throughout the game (primarily on NPCs). In my case I put several NPCs saying tips, mainly at Pokémon Island Hotel. About the locations, there is a researcher in the Research and Development Center that tells you some pokémon locations that you don't have in your Pokédex, a big system that I made that covers the several obtain methods at the Pokémon Island. There is also the Pokédex area option.

There an accuracy error in 1.1b that every move have 1% more of miss change, but it was corrected in 1.1c. I believe that your miss is only lucky, remember that Tackle have 95% accuracy chance.

is there any probable date on the next version?
Topic said:
...it will not come before 2013.

i have a question where can i find fossils ?
There is an area that you can see shiny points on walls, these points has a chance of having the fossils.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Finally got to rank 9 and got my stones! :D Another question though. Vaporeon knows surf. I know it isn't considered an HM anymore but it still says it can be used out of battle. I can't seem to figure out how though. And thanks for replying before by the way!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
VERSION 1.1d WITH CORRECTED BUGS RELEASED!

Despite I having stated several times that is possible to catch all the pokemon and checked several times, isn't possible to get Houndour and Houndoom. Because of that I released this new version with these pokémon. You can transfer your Save.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
hey FL! been a while. i was thinking, and ive been playing the pokemonTCG games ALOT lately, maybe you can add in the pokemon tcg game? that would make a great twist on this game, and it would be something no one has done before, well, just by making this game, you've done something no one has done before but still, id love to see the TCG game here~

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
I was incredibly surprised to see you here, you aren't active in around three years! But I am searching resources and other stuff since around 2010 beginning, so I checked several topics, even some older ones, just like a good developer hunting resources need to do.

About the movement, are you talking about the m/s pauses or the stepping animation? The first one its a strange problem in some PCs> In my tests this problem disappears after the first game minutes, I thinks that the computer automatic adjusts to this game as this problem is indifferent if you have save files or not. The second its because I prefer than the ones with the new stepping animation, because I thinks the newer is too fast, but I probably change it on a new version.

Yeah, I've moved on in life but am obviously still interested in gamedev, so I stop by every now and again to see what's up. However, Pokemon's one of those things that you can never quite get over and, if you loved it as a kid, you will love the rest of your life. I like to see if any of the games here can interest me enough to play it and yours certainly did. I'm only rank 1 so far but hey, progress is progress!

As for the movement, it just doesn't seem smooth. I don't know what causes it (probably would have known when I was still developing but I can't even remember how to import tilesets anymore lol) and that's the only way I know how to explain it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
hey FL! been a while. i was thinking, and ive been playing the pokemonTCG games ALOT lately, maybe you can add in the pokemon tcg game? that would make a great twist on this game, and it would be something no one has done before, well, just by making this game, you've done something no one has done before but still, id love to see the TCG game here~
Implementing the TCG game is too time consuming for only a minigame, and even if I do this, there will be few cards (only the first cards). But I am thinking on something simplified for a minigame like a Pokétriad variation.

Hey can I ask, at what rank do I unlock the Underground Area?
Three after you unlock the Sea Area.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
[The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
/QUOTE]

yes, this game is complete, but new versions will be released for constant updates because there is always new content~

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
[The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
/QUOTE]

yes, this game is complete, but new versions will be released for constant updates because there is always new content~

Thank you so much, blazerj13!

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Name: Jason (what can I say I'm a bit full of myself)

Team: Charizard, Electivire, Gallade, Crobat, Krokodille

Comment: IDK you said we can so here is one. He's a traveling trainer one who is still searching for the perfect pokemon to cap off his team.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
Take a look in 'VII- Future Plan'. sblazerj13 is right (but I wouldn't say "constant" or "always"). Also, take a look in VII- Future Plans.

Name: Jason (what can I say I'm a bit full of myself)

Team: Charizard, Electivire, Gallade, Crobat, Krokodille

Comment: IDK you said we can so here is one. He's a traveling trainer one who is still searching for the perfect pokemon to cap off his team.
This is a normal trainer, right?

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Where can you get Zappdos and Rayquaza? (Also if you need rank, which rank?)

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Dude im not going to lie I had an idea sorta like this a couple of weeks ago but never started.
The scripting is where i stopped though because i knew that the only way i could do it was to make like 3 or four pages worth.
But good job overall, liking the tm shop.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Where can you get Zappdos and Rayquaza? (Also if you need rank, which rank?)
Spoiler:

Dude im not going to lie I had an idea sorta like this a couple of weeks ago but never started.
The scripting is where i stopped though because i knew that the only way i could do it was to make like 3 or four pages worth.
But good job overall, liking the tm shop.
Like the Coliseum or Teleport Station? Both aren't hard to made and are done by events (except some few commands like to start a battle).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
It won't let me save! I've tried pressing (Z) like a thousand times and got nothing! HELP! I can't access the menu or anything!
You can only open the menu after you get the Pokédex at end of Research and Development Center starter selection.

Back