• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best/Worst Pokemon Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Balls (Emolga)
Heh, I actually called an Emolga I caught on Manly Pink something really similar. I was kind of annoyed since it took 10 balls to catch the bloody thing, despite it being really low on health, so I named it "10 balls".

For the record, nothing wrong with naming 'em after fruit. Vegetables too, I named a Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir "Cabbage". Don't tell me you can't see the resemblance in that hair-like stuff.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Best: Froslass; Madotsuki. This is a reference to Madotsuki's yuki-onna effect in Yume Nikki.
Worst: Quilava; sporty. This was on Crystal — a decade ago. The name itself isn't terribly egregious, but if I recall correctly, I put a space after every letter.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
Some of my favorite are.

Sonata: Lopunny
Sinastes: Vespiquen
Wraith: Terrakion
Lust: Virizion
Pride: Cobalion
Jackal: Lucario (Im going to name her kid jekyle, just watch me)
Mistletoe: Serperior
Bluebell: Luxray
Comet: Staraptor
Frost: Gabite (lost my game somewhere so i never got far enough to evolve her)
Aspen: Togekiss

And my moments of no brilliance whatsoever. (but i still kinda like some)

Ten: Misdreavus, no not like the number, it just felt fitting, but not very creative :P
Pin: Nidoran male, ugh i ALWAYS name my nidorans that, and its not very creative, yet i STILL do it.

Its a good thing i think ENOUGH about my names..my friends have a lot of odd pokemon names...

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Mine are a little on the vulgar side, so I'm gonna spoiler them

Spoiler:

Also, the non-inappropriate ones:

Best:
Soulpuncher - Hitmonchan
Driedel - Hitmontop
Chunkle - Poliwrath

Worst:
Lt. Awesome - Venomoth

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Okay, so the nicknames I use are usually good to some extent, but sometimes they took a turn for the worst....

THE GOOD
Slippy-Politoed
Appolo-Espeon (My Personal Favorite)
Glitch-Porygon-Z
Sherbert-Glaceon
Knuckles-Excadrill
Useless-Delcatty (The Most Clever)
Gamera-Blastoise
Omerta-Honchkrow
Stratos-Altaria

THE BAD
Lardbutt-Snorlax (cuz fat jokes are signs of triple A comedy....NO.)
Celery-Renuclius (get it...cells...yeah this one is absolutely awful)
WhatIsThis-Eelektross (This was my reaction after evolving my Eelektrik...the I rushed to the Name Rater to name it the worst nickname I have ever come up with

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Mankey/Primeape-Balboa
Empoleon-Napoleon
Sphinx-Simba/Nala
Swanna-Odette
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland-Azor
Altaria-Claudius/Claudia

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
My best would be naming my Conkledurr Swanson, after the manly man Ron Swanson of Parks and Rec.

As for worst, I guess Dynamo the Arcanine.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Well, I remember naming my Swellow "Hybird" as a six-year old. But that was then. Before I knew about Base Stats.

Recently, it's been pretty much this:

Ayato the Metagross
Rembrandt the Gallade
Kenage the Salamence
Ononoko the Haxorus
Rekka the Chandelure
Odaya the Tyranitar
Kanoshi the Empoleon

I'm Japanese, so I gave you the Romaji.

I name my Gallades "Rembrandt" because it just seems so fitting.

Mankey/Primeape-Balboa
Empoleon-Napoleon
Sphinx-Simba/Nala
Swanna-Odette
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland-Azor
Altaria-Claudius/Claudia

You just made my day, Da_Man32.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
ah, i've had some pretty terrible ones...
Spvash the Empoleon (typo of splash)
Twiggy the Torterra
Flyer the Staraptor

My favorites are:
YOLO the magikarp
Kirby the Dragonair
Bacon the Swinub
Derpy the poliwag
Teddy the urasring
Chocolate the togetic

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Turty - Torterra
Tchucky - meganium
Sneaky - Serperior

Worst one:

Mr. bÚbI - Murkrow (got it from trade)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
LGHT BULB - Bulbasaur
CHICO - Chickorita
DARK ANTIC - Umbreon / Gengar
LAOZI - Dragonite
PINK FLOYD - Slowpoke
BUDDHA - Snorlax

Last edited:

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
Nickname Pokemon

Coughing | Koffing

Bark'em | Arcanine

Sandwich | Sandile

Zuzu | Azumarill

Pengi | Oshawott

Fox Face | Sneasel (Hunger Games phase lol!)

Cincy | Cincinno (Im from Cincinnati)

Attractive | Magnemite

Fragile | Rattata

Lucky Charm | Woobat (his nose looks like a lucky charm)

Stoner | Dwebble

Recycle Me | Trubbish (Im evil)

Pyromaniac | Darumaka

I name all of my pokemon so yes, there are a lot worse nicknames I have come up with!!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Best: Tokay - Sceptile - Named for the tokay gecko.
Firmin - Masquerain - Named after one of the owners of the Opera Populaire from Phantom of the Opera, in which Masquerade is sang.

Worst:
Cling Film - Camerupt - I was looking for batteries in the bits and bobs drawer, and it was the first thing I saw.
Brick - Geodude - I thought it was a brick when I saw it in Yellow (I was like 4 at the time.)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I once named everything I catch related to fictional characters in my White playthrough, from another series or from my OCs. It's not just random either, since I consider the Pokemon and the character I'm referencing. Some of my favourites are:

Springday the Musharna (Named after Suzumiya Haruhi, since 'haru' = spring, and Munna has flowers on its body. I was going to blatantly name Munna Haruhi, but mine was a guy, so I had to compromise. It turned out pretty nice for a name.)

Faraday the Zebstrika (It was Faraway at first, since zebra = horse = run long distances. However, I thought it didn't feel like a name after a while, so I slightly changed it. The character I was referencing before the change is May/Haruka from Pokemon, but it ended up being Kay Faraday from Ace Attorney Investigations. So, double reference!)

Simon the Excadrill (Ha ha, do I even need to explain just who the hell this guy is referencing? This name is simple and might be boring to some, but I sure do love me some TTGL references.)

Honorable mentions:
Adam the Samurott (Revolver Ocelot from M-M-M-Metal Gear, since I didn't want to be boring and just use Ocelot)
Lynne the Lilligant (Lynne from Ghost Trick, due to the gender and the flower on her head)
Hinawa/Mothman the Volcarona (Hinawa from MOTHER3, Mothman from Devil Survivor/SMT; the name depends whether Volcarona is a girl or a guy)

I think before I started seriously naming my Pokemon, I had some pretty stupid names, what with age and all. The worst of my nicknames has to be Fly the Starly. Thank god I lost my Pearl, but ugh...

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
I quite like giving mine either really posh sounding names or completely normal names.
Growlithe - Tyrian
Bulbasaur - Pete (She's actually a girl, I named her without actually looking at her gender :/)
Machop - Tyrell
Rattata - Giles
Pikachu - Alonso
Pidgey - Melvin

That's a few of them. I have quite a few more but I won't go through all of them.

Years
My Pokemon nicknames

Twitch my Sabeleye
Titanic my Avalugg
Serenity my Gardevoir aka Ares (Get it?)😀
Scepty my Sceptile
Igneousnail my Magcargo
Sheldon my Lucario

(Note that all my Pokemon on my team are males, even my Gardevoir.)

Years
My Pokemon nicknames

Twitch my Sabeleye
Titanic my Avalugg
Serenity my Gardevoir aka Ares (Get it?)😀
Scepty my Sceptile
Igneousnail my Magcargo
Sheldon my Lucario

(Note that all my Pokemon on my team are males, even my Gardevoir.)
Hi there Omegalpha234- welcome to PC! Unfortunately, it's against the rules to bump threads over a month old, and this one hasn't been posted in for two years. If you're looking to talk about your Pokemon's nicknames, try this thread over in Pokemon Gaming Central. Thanks!

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back