• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Dev FAQ, Rules and Notice

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Make a new project and then select "upload" from the control pannel. If you have any further problems I recommend contacting Lateralshift technical support.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
I just read the whole thing rmxp and rm2k3.
It really does not make sense.
I don't see why you give out the link to rm2k3 but not rmxp.
I don't really care about the legal crap and I dont want rmxp.(sphere will do me :D)
It just seems like a contradiction.
You say rmxp is warez because it needs a crack,well you have to pay for rm2k3 to legally get it so that is warez if you download it for free.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I know, it seems a little contradictory to me too. However, RMXP has a built-in protection system that requires the entering of a Serial Key to activate the program. This safety must be cracked to bypass. Although 2003 is a translation, it doesn't require a cracked version to run. This is my interpretation anyway. I'm not sure about the nuances. By translating you're not actually changing the program. Although it is technically illegal, no action has been taken by Enterbrain Corp. They have no market in the US, and thus do not care if we have their program. If Japan had pirated software, however, it would detract from the programs they would be selling and they would then be forced to take legal action.

So strictly speaking, RMXP is cracked, and RM2K3 is debatably not.

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
Years
could you give me a different website to download it from?
that one's downloads do not work!

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Is there a sertain unzip program needed to unzip rpg maker 2003?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Tranitar18 said:
Is there a sertain unzip program needed to unzip rpg maker 2003?
This should really go in the help section. To unzip it just use Winzip or Winrar, just like with everything else you unzip.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Oh. The reason I asked was because RPG Maker 2003 will not unzip. My winzip says the file is corrupted. The bad thing is that, my father will not let me register on some websites that have the file. Those websites will only let you download if you're a member of their site. The reason my file is corrupted, the3 download ends early.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Then I'm sure you're aware of the problem. If your father won't let you register on some of the sites, I guess that you'll have to keep searching.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I know. I been on since morning of wedsday til now looking for RPG Maker 2003. Looks like I maybe have to wait another week to make my pokemon game. I might download RPG Maker 2000 now because of this problem with RPG Maker 2003.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
You'll probably have better luck finding rpg maker 2003.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Your right if the one I'm downloading (i'm talking about rpg maker 2000) works which is on the same site as the one I found rpg maker 2003. If this won't work, then I'll have to waste the whole weekend looking for it.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I think you should talk to your father about registering on sites.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
on the download website for rm2k3 it wont let me scroll down. Is this normal?

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years

xantor

...:::...
Years
I might sound dumb but is there any special way to rip chipsets from games? Do you need a program? I know nothing about ripping and would like to know.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
You'd probably get more replies if you post that in the requests thread. I usually open up the rom in Elite Map then copy all the tiles into MS Paint.

Back