• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
EAT YOUR HEART OUT, JYUKAI.

That's better. hey, why isn't my shift key working/ did i burn it out/

Okay, enough with the formalities. All those involved in Card Games can come here to ask questions, laugh, joke about the rp, and essentially put stuff that would be considered spammage if it were posted. XD

To give it a little more purpose, CC on decks can be made as long as said CC is asked for. Like me. I want to be yelled at for my n00by wanderers.

Years
Wow ACC, after reading your made-up cards it's inspired me to make some of my own since I don't run my current deck to good. Oh also, I noticed something in one of your card descriptions:

Wandering Hero
4*/Warrior/Effect
Atk 1700/Def 1500/Light
When this monster is normal summoned, special summoned, flip summoned, or flipped face up, you may search your deck for one equip spell card and equip it to this monster. Afterwards, discard one card from your hand. If this monster would be destroyed as a result of battle, you may destroy its equip spell card instead.

You've already said flip summoned so you don't need the "flipped face up" since flip summoning is flipping you monster card face up into attack mode. ;)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Lex, that's incorrect: Flip Summon only occurs when you, on your own turn, flip your monster from face-down defense position to face-up Attack Position. However, the Hero's effect is also meant to trigger in case your opponent flips it up (by declaring an attack against it or activating a spell like Swords of Revealing Light). That wording is absolutely correct. There's a subtle difference between flip summoning and flipping face-up. Consider cards like Stealth Bird. If the birdie is attacked or flipped by a card effect, its effect doesn't trigger but if you Flip Summon it yourself it does 1000 damage to the opponent. Big difference there. :3

But...*Twitch* I want to growl at Peace's deck...*Twitch* But yeah, suffice to say that you seriously need the heart of the cards to pwn anyone short of a complete n00b with that deck. Fully agreeing with ACC's judgement: even Joey Wheeler from the anime uses a more consistent one, and that's saying a lot. :\

Anyways, ACC, since you asked: first off, United We Stand is still limited to one per deck, yet you have three. Dispose of those duplicates, because you have a blatant weak here: no spell or trap removal at all. .__. At the very least you should throw in Mystical Space Typhoon and Heavy Storm, because otherwise stall players like Tacey are going to walk all over that poor boy (Lawl, stall cards left right and center). Also, -2 Bad Judgement, +1 Mirror Force, +1 Ring of Destruction would be advisable. Those are standard field-cleaning measures and you can't always count on having enough monsters in your graveyard for Skull Lair. Also, seeing as how the wanderers are mostly swarming type monsters you should avoid having an empty field like the plague, meaning that your opponent shouldn't get that many direct attacks on you anyways. Heck, you could even drop that third copy for Premature Burial. I'd also like to see a copy or two of Shrink in there since your wanderers can't really handle tribute monsters that well (not to mention that they help your wizard's spell recursion ability a lot. As it is, that one won't be very likely to have anything worthwhile to bring back), possibly drop a copy each of wizard and healer to make room. I'd also like to suggest considering Sangan in there since four of your wanderers are at or below the 1500 Atk mark, but if you want to keep the monster lineup thematically pure that's fine. ^^

And fine, since I've been criticizing anyone is free to return the favor. Just make sure to give some actual arguments as to why something should be removed or replaced. No touching Curran and Pikeru, though; they're there for my character's sentimental reasons. :3

As for custom cards...well, I originally planned to play my parasite demons (Remember those, ACC? :3) but they were just...not my character's style at all, and it seems sort of late to come up with a new card set...unless of course we're allowed to change cards in mid-RP; but I assume that's not the case.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Actually....

Well, technically there would be no reason for a deck to be changed in mid-RP, but if somebody could come up with a reason I'd be happy to allow them to. It would have to be a good reason though. And I didn't ever specifically state that characters could not own more then one deck, especially rich ones. I never took that into consideration.

So I figure if you spent enough time working on history and throwing a single deck together, a second one will be fine as long as there's an explanation of great logic for its existence.

Alright... nevermind. Nobody can criticize me about my wandering deck anymore. (Just kidding, just kidding...) Anyway, I made some edits, so hopefully it is now okay.

Parasite Demons? I love those little buggers. But you are definitely right when you say they don't match your character's style at all. I was kind of hoping for a cameo from your alphabetical beast monsters, since I thought those things were the funniest monsters ever created. XD

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
I have to agree with Lex on his first statement, that to ACC, you've inspired me somewhat. I've decided to withdraw my character for the time being, and have deleted her sign-up sheet from the RP. I will be constructing an entirely new deck based around my new character, as of my current submission no longer sits well with me. I may make my own cards or if the RP has begun, I will assemble official cards for my deck. Until then, I'm afraid I have to withdraw. Hopefully, I'll be back in time, but do not postpone the RP because of this.

EDIT: To ACC, I apologise again, as the deletion of my post has warranted the appearance of you double posting.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Lawl, the alphabetical beasts would be good for a laugh, but the problem is that they're horribly disbalanced (some in relation to each other, some maybe in relation to the whole dang game) and probably have some seriously messed up ruling issues to contend with on account of being monster that like to be treated like spell cards. xD Plus, there's not nearly enough of them for a whole deck, even if I include the dreaded L-Hound. Parasite demons might make a cameo, though, depends on how things work out. :3

Anyway, does Tacey being a spoiled rich brat with a crapload of cards who can't make up her mind and ended up making decks for multiple occasions count as a logical excuse? If not then I'll just have her whine for better cards from her dad because she got bored with her original deck. I have excuses aplenty in store...trust me. xD

Btw, 3x Twister for what could have been dealt with by 1x Heavy Storm seems like sort of a weird choice. I mean, the Wizard can pull Storm and Typhoon back up and you also need your LP for The Road Goes Ever on so even that 500 LP cost will stack up far faster than you'd like. There's no need to shy away from storm just because you play continuous cards; odds are that you'll run into duplicates so you can quite happily nuke a single copy or two while devastating your opponent's backfield without suffering from it to any notable degree. Plus, the closer you are to 40 cards the smoother your draws will be. :3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Very true, AE. L-Hound? *Dies laughing* Oh, I almost totally stole the Alphabetical Beasts for Achan's deck. They're just too funny to waste. But hey, in this case "insanely rich" is a good excuse for having lots of different decks. If I were insanely rich, I would buy out Pegasus and take all the good cards for myself, for heaven's sakes! Just in passing, what is it with you and rich characters? You've had one in both of the roleplays I created. (Okay, first one died 'cause I felt like nobody was posting so I let it get emo and commit suicide, but it still counts!)

Phanima... HOW DARE YOU!?!?!

Just kidding. Return soon!

JBC: Forgot to answer your question earlier. No, there's no specific card-ante rule during the tournament, and you are allowed to buy new packs as long as you are within distance of a shop that sells them, which probably won't happen until we reach Domino City. (I wish I knew what Domino City was called in the Japanese version.... ah, whatever. I'll figure it out.)

Last edited:
Years
Lex: Forgot to answer your question earlier. No, there's no specific card-ante rule during the tournament, and you are allowed to buy new packs as long as you are within distance of a shop that sells them, which probably won't happen until we reach Domino City. (I wish I knew what Domino City was called in the Japanese version.... ah, whatever. I'll figure it out.)

Umm... I never asked that question. I think it was JBC in the RP thread. Oh, and I'm almost finished with my custom deck so I should be editing my profile real soon. I'm going to also change the character's history a bit also, so I can match up with the custom cards.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Good for you, Lex. Now move aside. XD

JBC: As stated before, your deck needs therapy. Even Jaden's Deus Ex Machina hero deck beats it. 0_o

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ehh...rich people just tickle my fancy. ^-^ Actually, the original character I had in mind (Parasite demon player :3) was quite different, but when I got that sign-up sheet in front of me Tacey just cruelly shoved him out of the way and I just had to go with her. She threatened to bite. o.o

Btw guys, do remember rule number eleven of the RP when making those cards. *Pokes the appropriate section* I could sort of use comments on the new cards there since I might end up making my character use them. :3

Years
Okay, I decided not to use my created cards today, but instead use them for a fanfic I plan to wright. Instead I created a new deck and I edited my profile. Here is the new deck:

Monsters
1 Jinzo

3 Destroyersaurus
3 Hydrogeddon
3 Gigantes
3 Card Trooper
2 Tyranno Infinity
2 Exploder Dragon
2 Giant Rat
1 Injection Fairy Lily

Spells
3 Shrink
3 Smashing Ground
2 Soul Release
2 Nobleman of Extermination
2 Brain Control
1 Snatch Steal
1 Machine Duplication
1 Heavy Storm
1 Confiscation
1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Ring of Destruction

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
"Write", not "right" Lexy-boy. You'll have to learn too used right grammar when you are writing an fanfic. Anyway, new decklist can go on your profile, since I don't see anything wrong with it. Go ahead, now. *wicked smile*

Years
Whoops, typo. I forgot to put the 'w' while I was typing, so I'll change that now. Oh, and my grammar is better when I'm actually writing a story because i put more effort in it than I would anything else.

Years
I've got a question about one of your cards Alter:

Royal Justice
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1000 Atk/ 1200 Def

Whenever you negate the summoning, effect, or attack of a card controlled by your opponent, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent, and if 'Court of Nobles' is on your Field discard a card at random from your opponent's Hand.

Why did you put Direct Damage into the effect. I thought Direct Damage was the damage taken when a monster attacks the player directly so would this just be:

inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent's life points

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
No, all damage done by monster attacks is considered to be battle damage. Direct damage is everything done outside of damage calculation. I took that term straight from Tremendous Fire, while Fire Princess just says 500 damage. Either way, the life points bit is redundant with the new wording practice. =O *Shrug* I'll just remove the 'direct' part.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I notice that you've replaced many of your fake cards with Alter's, Fallen. I hope you asked permission on that and you plan on giving him credit, because stealing other people's stuff without permission is a no-no.

You should probably edit all monsters so that whether or not they are yours, they all read "Arcana Force" for the sake of continuity. In addition, you probably should have waited for the "make your own card" people to declare Alter's cards not broken. (I doubt that any of them are overpowered: if anything, compared to the original Arcana Force monsters two or three of them are a bit underpowered.)

I'm going to put my foot down and say that you need to give Sun a better effect, update Judgement slightly, and perhaps even toss a few of your fusions in favor of a few "game staple" cards. Okay?

Still Pending until then, pal.

EDIT: All made-up cards taken without the explicit permission of their creator are officially considered contraband. I had hoped that nobody would steal cards from anyone else, but it seems that I must make this clear. This offense, if unchecked, may result in immediate expulsion from the premises.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Duly noted. You may sit down now, Omega. It's a good thing this thread is pretty much for spammage, because that post didn't really say all that much.

Anyway, does anyone else want their deck to be critiqued? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back