• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
It's been quite a while since I've seen an update. ^_^ Since you're taking opinions, I may as well throw in my two cents (just on the ones that have notable differences, after comparing them with the previous versions on the Acanthite site):

Tidalisk: Like I said last time I saw this version, it looks fine as is. It's honestly not much more 'bulky' than Sceptile (the current fastest final evo Starter). But, regardless, I'm sure it'll still look fine if you do slim it a little.

Kestrawk: Awesome. Can't wait to see it colored in. I assume it'll keep the red-&-brown color scheme?

Gobleaf: Gobleaf itself is fine, but yeah, the evos could use a bit of a revamp. (Ninble & Grasassin, especially; Beauteppe & Swardiful, not quite as much.) Al;so, something on Grasassin, specifically: I noticed sometime back you changed Massacrow's name to Execrow, but Grasassin's name was left untouched...........by that logic, I'm a little surprised.

Limbash & Armaster: Well, they do look a tad more like Fighting-types now, but lose the nips - Pokemon & nips don't mix (with the exception of Nuzleaf). (Unless it's like the original Limbash design, where they're just markings.)

Terazecker: I like Comfy Cushion's the best; Nintendo Jr.'s looks too much like Woodrill, and this one looks more like a final evo than the original.

Rabbair: I agree; Hallm3's is the best version.

Bunnigust & Lagowind: Lagowind needs to be considerably bigger-looking than it is (pretty much like you said). Bunnigust is fine, I guess.

Protrohm: Frankly, the whole line is bizarre. But this does look better than the first.

Thundull: It finally looks like a Pokemon. Way, way better.

Bouldon & Jabadon: Definitely more polished than the previous sketches.

Chalistone: I'm not sure which one looks better, actually.

Dolphlare & Blubburn: Better than before; Dolphlare also looks more like a dolphin now.

Gremleye: Looks more like a Pokemon, at the expense of looking a tad too much like Sableye - although my opinion might change if I were to see the color scheme.

Halove: Looks a little more Pokemon-ey.

Malismite: Looks a little better & a little more aggressive.

Pestiloak: WAY cooler than the old design.

Mandune: Couldn't find it on the original list; but anyway, nah, it doesn't look too similar to Jungilo. Might want to use a slightly darker greenish-brown, though.

Matomic & Nuclound: Uncolored, the new Matomic looks a tad too much like Rotom, although that might get worse seeing as they're roughly the same color anyway. I'd suggest using a brighter yellow.

Striktoil & Viperno: I'm not sure if I like the new Striktoil better, but the new Viperno looks awesome.

Chimenra: I like the teardrop pattern on the face; it fits it very well.

Corrodogon: More Pokemon-like, but less intimidating. Any way to combine the 2 designs a bit?

Missingno (Decode Form): Cool idea. Will it still evolve into Mistrync (in a different form), or something else, or not at all?

Geminine: Why change the current design?

----------------

I'm still not entirely sold on the design of Samawraith; it seems out of place evolving from a Pokemon based on a female yokai. Not sure where you were trying to go with it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 10, 2010
i think that this new style of Geminine is much better than the old one

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dude inspiration burns in my heart to make a pokemon game....I have a map and concept but no knowledge on how to script.But Your game was the last of 4 that makes me wanna learn. I congratulate you and can't wait to see this game. May I have the link to your website?

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
It's one of the only hacks that appears as though it will be finished :P good job

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Comfy has sent me all of his Acanthite related work, including some stuff I'd not previously seen. So I've picked out sketches and art not yet uploaded and elected to show you all :)

TIDALISK
New Tidalisk sketch based of Hallm3's design. Less bulky, and less of a severe expression.

KESTRAWK
Slimmed down.

GOBLEAF
Unpopular Pokémon with certain folk and likely to be replaced, but here is a pretty cool final version of it by Comfy.

BEAUTEPPE
If we were to keep it, I think it would need a bit of work.

SWARDIFUL
Actually, a really cool revision. If the line is to be saved it would probably be on the strength of this concept alone.

NINBLE
Another cool revision, you can see the Gobleaf relation a little better here.

SPLISH
Cool art of an upside-down Splish!

PUPUNCH 1
PUPUNCH 2
The second is my preference. Discuss :)

LANDEEP

SHARTERRA
Both pretty good sketches, not much changed really :)

FORTIFRAME
Fortiframe with colours.

ELECTESLA
Another Pokémon in danger of being scrapped.

KNIFIN and SWISSWORD
New sketches of these guys :)

TROJORSE Active Form
Based on a Concore sketch I believe, this is Trojorse' ACTIVE form. (DORMANT form is a weaker version - it becomes ACTIVE when its HP is low enough and becomes extremely fast and strong.)

WORMADAM Cyber Cloak
Cyber Cloak of Wormadam, obtained by evolving from a Burmy that last battled in the POKéNET.

PENGWINT
Nice and simple.

GLAZARD
Rough sketch but you should get the gist :)

FROSTOZE
Another Pokémon in danger of being scrapped, but I like it for unique typing and the fact it's a non-evolving Pokémon.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

bbybrawler

The Golden Sun
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I really liked those pokemon I don't think you should scrap Gobleaf or Frostoze the other one that you are thinking about is alright but could probably be improved a little bit. I do like how it looks like an electric lapras a bit though (if thats what you were going for with that pokemon)
Keep up the good work with this game though it looks great so far

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2010
So how's the online going to be? Will you download the game and be able to connect to battle others like Wifi on a NDS?

I'm not sure if your gonna update it or not but the last evolution of the water starter looks odd like it doesn't fit its pre evolutions. Fire is sick like always, Idk about the hair curled up over his eyes though.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
All being well, Online will work for both trades and battles.

Here's a few of the sprites we have.

publicsprites.jpg

There are scale issues with some and they're obviously jpg'd to discourage theft. I hope that doesn't spoil them too much for you.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Some Pokemon, like Gyarados or Noctowl or the Geodude family aren't that great. I'm sorry to say this, but I've expected better sprites from you.

But, on the other side, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Zubat and Meowth are really good.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Excellent.
I think it's just excellent. I love how the sprites are brightened. they look more..well..real
Really good job man they are great

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Mightyena looks infinitely more menacing, and Rapidash's pose is awesome. Great sprites. The only ones I can say needs a slight adjustment are Magnemite, Noctowl, and Gyarados - the first 2's eyes look slightly off, and Gyara looks slightly misproportioned.

I'm starting to like Fortiframe's coloring now after seeing the sprite. Thundull looks pretty cool.

-------------

Now on to the artwork. I tried to post this before, but I forgot the site was to have some downtime when I went to post it. Whoops.

Tidalisk: I'd keep the expression from the 1st one. It's also starting to look a bit too much like a blue Sceptile - the 1st one had more of an identity.

Beauteppe & Swardiful: Excellent job. I like how you took a drastic leap in Swardiful's design in particular.

Pupunch: Again, we agree; definitely go with the 2nd one.

Sharterra: Looks a little more like a shark now.

Electesla: Ok, I have to ask: What were you guys going for design-wise with this line, exactly? No matter how ya slice it, this line's still a bit too bizarre.

Trojorse (Active Form): Cool. It's regular form could stand a revamp, though - it looks nothing like a horse beyond the mane.

Wormadam (Cyber Cloak): Also cool.

Pengwint: Looks more Pokemon-like, whereas the old one's eyes made it look too much like an In-Training Digimon.

Frostoze: I like it, personally. Maybe it could have a rivalry/relationship with Heatran or something.

I can't pass judgment on the rough sketches; I need more to go on.

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
I love poochyena <3
Looks really cute :3
I do have a complaint about the last two pokemon, they don't look all that much like.. well Pokemon, I mean, I honestly couldn't imagine using it in game, or even encountering it. No complaints about the sprites themselves though.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The two on the bottom right (don't have a clue what they are) look amateurish and don't really seem to fit with the style of the other sprites. The others look pretty decent though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
i'm not sure if it's because the file was JPEG'd, but some of the pokemon sprites look...wierd. I'm not sure how but they just seem right to me...I can't place my finger on it. What i can tell however is that Roserade and Hoothoot are too pale. For the most part however that designs themselves are good, so keep up the good work and i hope to see a demo sometime soon. Don't lose that motivation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back