• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Acanthite is progressing well under a team of four area managers who have accelerated progress beyond belief - as they can issue tasks effectively and enforce them when I'm busy :)

We have all maps and relevant tiles done except the second gym, most events sorted, most of the sprites and backsprites, and movepools and stats. In fact, in terms of playability it's very close. We're in the process of making Cries for the Pokémon and a few sprites for the human characters and the few missing Pokémon. The battle screen needs recoding for the larger screen size though, as do some of the menus... I'm lacking a dedicated coder so it's taking me time as I'm pretty average in that area. But I really mean it when I say that we're close, and it's thanks to the four managers.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I'm mostly amazed not by the awesome Fakemon or the beautiful screenshots, but by the fact that this game, despite being started four years ago, is still in stable development. I tip my hat to Fangking and the remaining Acanthite team for remaining so dedicated ;) .

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Stable is kind... it's been a bit flaky at times :P We started off as one thing (a GSC remake from the rival's perspective), became something else (this new game - a prequel to GSC from the rival's perspective!) and rebooted that so we had a better Pokédex and graphics and engine! So constant backtracking hasn't helped but we're happy with the direction now and we're actually getting there :) We wouldn't have bothered if the support hadn't been great.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
We definetly have gone through a bit, and after my rather long hiatus I'm back and helping my beloved Fangking assist in leading the team.

So you hear it from not just one person, but another person too. Progress has never looked THIS GOOD before. A demo is definetly on the cards VERY VERY VERRRRY SOON! :)

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Erm, with respect Lmayonaise, if I got a penny for every time we were told "a demo is coming soon" over the past few years, I'd be a very rich man by now ;)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Nah you're right, but we're actually gonna get it out and soon ;) No more excuses or delays :) The management structure is working wonders at organising the team and getting stuff done.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Yes, I know we've all heard that song-and-dance before, but the fact that this has been standing strong for FOUR FRIGGIN YEARS ought to say something about this project. Many fangames don't even make it past ONE YEAR.

This is the project that got me interested in fangaming in the first place, so it'll be good to FINALLY play it. ^_^

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I can say without a doubt that this is simply but another promise that won't be kept. I can't count the number of times a demo has been said to be "on the way." It's not going to come out, and quite frankly, I don't care.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Then why bother posting ?

It's not like he/they've set a date so there's no reason to be disappointed when it doesn't get released on "Certain Date".

Anychance of some new images or stuff ? :D
We all love the pics.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I can say without a doubt that this is simply but another promise that won't be kept. I can't count the number of times a demo has been said to be "on the way." It's not going to come out, and quite frankly, I don't care.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I can say without a doubt that you're being really insensitive and negative towards this project.
Pokemon Grey has a demo that was released in 2009, but it's not a completed game yet.
You don't see people going around necromancing and spamming your thread about false promises about finishing your game or getting an updated demo?
So why don't you stop spamming threads.
Clearly, you have nothing useful to add to this thread.

I've been following Acanthite since its conception.
I'm going to be patient and wait for a demo.
And once upon a time, it did have a demo.
But that demo is now out of date since this game is being revamped.

And the effort and dedication they're putting in is great.
If a game takes long to make and a demo isn't released when promised, I can take it, because I prefer quality over quantity.
I'd rather wait on the whole game than a load of demos.

Years
The point he was making is that there's been a demo promised a few times in the past which didn't happen thus the reason for his skepticism.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
Debbie Downer said:

Well Debbie, in the past there hasn't been a strong organised management structure, and that has changed. I'm part of the management team over at Acanthite and have delegated tasks to active team members and the turn around of quality work and the pace it's being completed in is outstanding.

I do understand where you're coming from Debbie, but things are different this time. You actually have no idea how close we are from releasing a demo.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Well Debbie, in the past there hasn't been a strong organised management structure, and that has changed. I'm part of the management team over at Acanthite and have delegated tasks to active team members and the turn around of quality work and the pace it's being completed in is outstanding.

I do understand where you're coming from Debbie, but things are different this time. You actually have no idea how close we are from releasing a demo.

I think perhaps in this scenario it would be more appropriate to show this progress with screenshots etc., rather than using words. I do not blame him at all for being skeptical; while I do have faith in the Acanthite development team, we have been told dozens of times "it's really close", "it's different this time" and so on.

If a demo is as close as you say, then surely you could show us some progress beyond artwork and maps.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
Years
You've been shown enough as it is to be hoennest.

The boss and I have discussed about releasing anymore information on development and we have decided we're going to keep it tight to the chest for a while.

You gotta take our word this time, if you won't then that's your issue not ours. We're doing very well and aiming for the best quality for our demo. You will not be disappointed.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.

Don't view or post on this project's thread, then, if you're that averse to it :S

We're aware of past failure, hindered further by having used three different engines and the changes forcing restarts, which is why the structures are now in place to generate productivity. Get over yourself.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024

Just remember that this is a fan game, the people making it are making it cus they enjoy it, its not there job and there not getting paid to make it, they are under no obligation to release anything and just remember people like you rushing them make it so making the game becomes less like fun and more like a chore. So please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back