• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Story (There's no name for it yet. The writing isn't exactly great early on)

Years
Chapter 1: In the beginning

Beep, Beep, Beep, beep. Izaac's alarm was ringing throughout the house.
'Shut up!'
Izaac swung his hand down on the alarm clock smashing it into tiny pieces and spreading them all over the floor.
'Oh come on Izaac, what is that, 350 clocks?'
'No I believe that makes 371. Now get out of my room.'
'You have to get up, it's time for school. Oh and it's your birthday... Remember what that means.'
'Yes I know... Don't remind me.'
Izaac's mother looked at him with a worried look, turned around, and walked down the hallway.
Izaac just sat there lying in his bed looking at the roof, wondering what happened to his father.
'There are other creatures out there, ones that despise dragons enough to kill one. Or there's the MCHS (Mythical Creature Hunter Society) they might have found out about dad, which means they know about me.' Izaac stopped his thinking process and proceeded to get up out of bed.
Izaac walked over to his cupboard and slowly opened up the doors, revealing a medium sized space full of black and white clothing.
'I think I'll go with white today.'
'Izaac reached in and pulled out a pair of white jeans and a white long sleeved T-Shirt and quickly slipped them on. Walking over to his bedside table he picked up the can of deodorant, lifted up his right arm and sprayed for a second, then repeated for the left arm.
'Izaac, hurry up or you will be late for school!'
'I'm coming!'
Izaac grabbed his school bag and ran down the hallway.

'When observing how people act around other people, it can be viewed as a social hierarchy.'
Izaac's thoughts were filling up with people, he couldn't help but wonder if he had taken the wrong approach towards people.
'What if I had taken the wrong approach? Maybe there are some trustworthy people out there.'
But would they understand him? Would they be scared of what he is? The bell rang for class; Izaac had space science first up. Today there was a new kid joining the class, they usually sit with the 'cool' kids but since the way Izaac felt towards people, he did not really care.
'Alrighty class, today we have a new student joining our class today.'
A girl with long blonde hair running down her back and bright violet eyes entered the room. After looking around the room for a couple second the mystery girl announced her name to the class.
'Hi everyone, My name is Elizabeth.'
No one responded to her greeting, they just sat in their seats looking at her.
'Well then I guess I'll take a seat.'
Elizabeth looked around for a seat, walking around the room once she decided to take a seat next to Izaac.
'Well, you picked great person to sit next to Elizabeth.'
'Why what's wrong with him?'
'Izaac doesn't talk to people, he doesn't usually even acknowledge them... unless they do something wrong by him.'
'Oh... well , he can't be that bad.'
The kids laughed at the remark made by Elizabeth. A look of confusion passed over her face. She looked at Izaac, a puzzled look on her face. She stretched out her arm to tap him on the shoulder. Tap tap tap.
'Um... hello there.'
Izaac kept staring out the window towards the sky.
'Are you there?'
'Annoyance.'
'What?'
Izaac turned his head towards Elizabeth and looked into her eyes. Elizabeth was shocked by what she saw. Izaac's eyes where pure white with a black line in each eye for the pupils. Izaac widened his eyes and the black lines got smaller. Elizabeth looked away and didn't turn to speak or look at Izaac for the rest of class.

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 2: The Girl and the Wolf

'Hey, Elizabeth right? I'm Peter.'
'Yeah Yeah, do you know where Izaac is?'
'He usually hangs out behind the art rooms, I don't know why though.'
'Thanks peter.'
Elizabeth turned and walked off towards the art buildings. Elizabeth turned the corner to see something disappear into Izaac's back. Elizabeth sped back round the corner she just turned and began thinking things through.
'What did i just see?' The question racing through her head and ringing too loud in her mind to notice that Izaac was already standing next to her.
'So my eyes and my wings have not scared you away yet?'
Izaac stood in front of Elizabeth, looking into her eyes, her deep violet eyes. Izaac then blinked and his eyes were white again, Black lines for pupils and all.
'What are you?'
'I'm a dragon, and now you have to make a choice... Keep my secret, and we can be friends... try telling people, and well you'll just appear to be crazy. So there is really only one choice.'
Elizabeth lost within Izaac's black and white eyes suddenly snapped out of his gaze and looked at his forehead to avoid eye contact.
'Yeah... I'll keep your secret.'
'Good, now come with me.'
Izaac Grabbed Elizabeth's hand and ran around the corner and looked towards the sky.
'I come here because I can see the sky fully, plus no one can see anything behind here, I can stretch my wings.'
'Why do you hide?'
'Are you serious? Dragons aren't accepted in this world like they used to be. I'd be hunted and killed on site... no matter of my social ties... so I have tried to keep contact to a minimum, until you.
'What about me?'
Izaac grunted and turned around.
'You aren't a normal human are you?'
'No I am sure I'm a normal human, why?'
'Oh... no reason.'
'So, you can fly right?'
'but of course, I am a dragon you know.'
'Right... So uhh Ca-'
'You want to see me fly right?'
'No.... well yeah.'
'Well not now, but later after school, you know the old abandoned farm? Well meet me there after school.'
'Okay.'
'What is so different about that girl?'
Izaac stood in the middle of a field next to the barn, two surviving chickens and the occasional rat passed him by as he stood there for hours pondering that one question. A question that filled his mind.
'What is so different now?'
'Izaac!'
Elizabeth called out to Izaac, breaking his thought pattern and shocking him. Izaac's head spun towards Elizabeth, his dragon eyes showing. Elizabeth froze in place for a second, staring back at Izaac. His eyes and that forceful look. She could tell he was in deep thought and she had disturbed him. She resumed moving towards him.
'Sorry, did I disturb you?'
Izaac did not reply, he just kept staring at Elizabeth.
'Wait... he's not staring at me, he's staring past me.'
Elizabeth froze again, staring at Izaac with a look of fear and discomfort. Izaac returned the look by miming everything will be fine, and then disappeared. Elizabeth was suddenly pushed to the ground as she saw Izaac in the air above her. At that point everything was in slow motion for her. The wolf she saw was monstrous, both Izaac and the wolf were in the air above her, Izaac's leg extended into the wolf's snout as the force of the impact showed in ripples on the wolf's snow white fur. Then all of a sudden everything was in real time, the wolf flew across the field and right through the side of the barn.
'W-What was that?'
'A Dire wolf.'
'A Dire wolf?'
'Yes, they were thought to be extinct.'
'what in the past hundred years?'
'More like ten thousand years. Also they were said to have lived in north and south America. I have no Idea how one got here.'
The Wolf emerged from the barn, wood sticking outwards from its fur. Its red eyes glaring at Izaac, staring right into his soul. The Dire wolf froze for a moment, Turned away, and ran towards the forest.
'Was he attacking me Izaac?
'No, it was after me. Dragon's, in the past had been known to show dominance over other mythical creatures, It's only natural that I have a few enemies. But to know that I am a dragon, this wolf has been watching me.For a long time.'
'So are you going to let me see you fly?'
'Well okay, but I guess I should take you home.'
'We are not very far from my house, about an hour's walk in that direction.'
'No problem, I can fly you home.'
Elizabeth looked astonished as the words just rolled out of Izaac's mouth. Staring at him with a look of surprise she replied.
'You can do that?'
'well yes, but it might be difficult.'
'why?'
'well, you'll see...'
Suddenly, pure white wings of about 2.5 metres in length each, sprouted from Izaac's back.
'Oh my god, how big are they?'
'The total wingspan is about 5 metres.'
'This is amazing Izaac!'
Elizabeth's look of excitement made Izaac nervous and anxious about this, but he had already promised her and he likes to keep promises. Although the only promises he's ever made were to wash the dishes and feed the animals at home.
'Alright, well hold on.'
Izaac knelt down as to suggest a piggy back. Elizabeth walked over and climbed onto his back slowly, making sure not to limit wing movement.
'Hold on.'
Elizabeth wrapped her arms around Izaac's torso, clinging tightly.
'Ready?'
'yeah.'
Izaac smirked at Elizabeth then turned his head.
'Here we go.'
Izaac jumped in the air and began to flap his white wings. Izaac hovered in the air for a moment.
'Take it all in.'
'This is amazing Izaac!'
Elizabeth's excitement was soon replaced by fear as Izaac began to fly at incredible speeds. Elizabeth kept yelling for Izaac to slow down but he wasn't listening. Slow down Izaac she yelled, Slow down! Elizabeth was not getting through to him.
'What is wrong with him? I know I'll kick him.'
Elizabeth kicked Izaac in the side, forcing him to come to a complete stop.
'Why'd you kick me!?'
'You were going too fast and I'd like to be able to take everything in. So fly slower please.'
'Oh okay.'
'Now I see why people are so annoying.' Izaac began to think. Thinking about his day and how it lead to him giving this random new girl a piggy back ride home, and she's loving it. His life has really turned around in the last 24 hours.

Years
Chapter 3: A new Friend Hunted

A couple weeks passed. The seconds turned into minuets and the minuets turned to hours and hours to days. Life had resumed to normal, apart from Elizabeth. She did not spare Izaac on the questions part of all that had happened. In fact, It seemed as though she made it her day job to question him, sometimes during class. But the weeks passed, slowly but surely.

'Izaac, do you understand any of what this teacher is saying?'
'Yes, basically what he is saying is that white light splits up into seven colours when looked at through a triangular prism made of glass.'
'Oh I get it.'
'Okay so-'
The door to the classroom flew open and in walked in a boy, white hair covered his eyes, wearing black jeans and a black shirt with a wolf skull on it. On his ring finger was a pure silver ring with a wolf head on it with rubies for eyes.
'Ahh, everyone, this is-'
'I'm called Lupus.'
'The wolf....'
'What was that Izaac?'
'Nothing Elizabeth.'
'I told you to call me Liz.'
'Oh sorry... Liz.'
Izaac looked back to the boy standing at the front of the classroom, he was staring at Izaac. Izaac glared at Lupus and then looked at Elizabeth.
'He's the dire wolf.'
'What? How do you know?'
'Well firstly, Mythical creatures can tell who other mythical creatures are, and second his name is Lupus, ring any bells?'
'It is familiar, but no I can't think of anything.'
'It means The Wolf, in Latin... and he's been listening to everything we have been saying. '
Elizabeth looked at Izaac, worried and scared.
'Don't be, he won't go after you.'
'Hi there, Izaac... is it?'
'Yeah...'
'May I sit here?'
Izaac turned to Elizabeth, Ignoring Lupus as he took his seat.

Izaac and Elizabeth were in their normal spot, behind the art buildings, just talking. Elizabeth asking questions mostly and Izaac answering in frustration.
'You know Izaac, that Lupus guy was pretty cute.'
Izaac glared at Elizabeth.
'He did attack us a couple of weeks ago, remember?'
'Yeah, but....'
'Are you talking about me? Dragon boy'
Lupus walked around the corner, hands in pockets. Staring at Elizabeth.
'Look, we got off on the wrong foot.'
'Oh you mean when you attacked us?'
'Yeah, I sensed mythical creature and attacked, i did not know you were a dragon until after you kicked me in the face.'
'Well you did attack me.'
'Yes, but i wouldn't do it again... i do not take pleasure in getting kicked in the face..'
Lupus grabbed his jaw and rubbed it a little.
'So, are we friends?'
Lupus extended his hand towards Izaac to gesture a handshake. Izaac turned around and grunted.
'I don't take friends, sorry.'
Elizabeth kicked Izaac in the leg.
'Ow! You... ugh, fine.'
Izaac turned around and grabbed Lupus' hand.

'Izaac! Izaac!'
Lupus, banging on Izaac's door in haste began to scratch at the door leaving claw marks in it.
'Open up!'
'I'm coming, I'm coming.'
Izaac opened the door revealing Lupus frantically looking around.
'What?'
Lupus ran inside Izaac's house, cowering like something was chasing him. Lupus looked at Izaac from across the other side of the room.
'Why are you shirtless?'
'It's four in the morning! I was asleep!'
'Oh right, well put a shirt on, wait no time, we have to go.'
'Why what is wrong?'
'The MCHS found me.'
'What!? So you came here?'
'Oh... I wasn't thinking.'
'Damn right you weren't. But the back door should be a good escape point.'
Lupus glanced out the window then towards the back door. Moving like lightning he quickly ran towards the backyard.
'Wait, don't be too hasty! That guy is seriously going to get himself killed.'
Izaac put on the white shirt that was strewn across the couch upon arriving home from school and ran towards the back door.

'So you say this hunter is after you?'
'There are two of them, one is a man of about 30 years of age, and the other is a girl, our age, she looks familiar but I can't think of who she is.
'She's a new hunter, but going after a dire wolf, she has some skill.
'Exactly what I thought. Just focus on running! We can figure out who they are later, just stay alive'
'What do we do?'
'I can take one of them you can have the other.'
Izaac and Lupus came to a stop.
'Fine, I'll wait here behind that tree. I'll let one pass and then take whichever one comes second. You go on ahead and wait for the first one. '
'Alright.'
'Just don't die, that will be a tough one to explain at school, okay Lupus.'
'Right.'
Lupus began running again as Izaac slipped behind a tall pine tree.
Five minutes had gone by and no one had passed Izaac until a man wearing a trench coat and a baron hat passed by.
'I hope Lupus' ready.'
A couple seconds later the girl ran through, she was also wearing a trench coat, but wearing a crotchet hat. But instead of running past she stopped and looked around.
'I know there's someone here. So come out.'
Izaac smirked and walked out from behind the tree. Looking at the young hunter.
'You are good... Your hunter guide didn't pick up on me, how did you?'
'I have great potential.'
Looking right into Izaac's eyes, the hunter reached into her trench coat and pulled out a dagger.
'You are a dragon.'
'Was it my eyes? Did they give me away?'
'Maybe.'
The hunter moved at incredible speeds, reaching Izaac in a matter of seconds. Swinging at Izaac with her dagger. Izaac, moving backwards, ducking and dodging left and right to avoid her strikes.
Izaac grabbed her arm, stopping her from making another swing.
'Stop attacking and listen.'
'You deserve nothing but death.'
The girl grabbed Izaac's shoulder and flipped him into his back, pushing him against the ground with her knee, holding a knife to his neck.
'Last words?'
'Well I do have something to say.'
'What is it?'
'Why do you hunt us?'
'You are not supposed to exist.'
'We were created by your so called 'god' first; we have existed here long before humans and we try to live side by side with them.'
Speechless, the hunter thought about Izaac's words then pushed her knife against his neck.
'Die.'
'I see.'
Izaac smirked, and flipped the hunter onto her back, releasing her grip on the dagger. Picking up the dagger, Izaac stood over her.
'You brought this on yourself.'
Izaac swung the knife downwards. The hunter closed her eyes, ready to die.
'What are you doing?'
The hunter opened her eyes, a glint of light reflecting into her eye from the dagger stuck in the ground next to her head.
'You didn't kill me?'
'You're a sixteen year old girl, you don't deserve to die, it is a shame you joined the MCHS. Unfortunately, your friend had already devoted his life to hunting us... Lupus did not show any mercy to him.'
The hunter sat up to see a dire wolf standing across the field glaring at Izaac. Izaac shook his head and the wolf began running towards town.
'I have to go, you have great skill, more so than the guide you travelled with. If you try to attack again, bring someone with more skill than you.'
Izaac began to run towards town, after lupus. Leaving the hunter sitting in the field, doubting weather the side she was on was really the good side, or if she had been misled.

Years
Chapter 4: The Hunter and The Hammer

'Izaac are you stupid? Why'd you let her live?.'
'She's a teenager what was I supposed to do, ruthlessly kill her?'
'Yes.'
'It was a rhetorical question, and I am not a wolf.'
'I killed the old guy.'
'I would have too.'
'So, what's the difference?'
'She has not yet devoted her life to killing mythical creatures. There is a big difference between an experienced hunter and a newbie. Anyway, here comes Elizabeth.'
Elizabeth walked up to Lupus and Izaac with content and excitement.
'Izaac, Lupus. I would like you to meet my new friend.'
A girl stepped out from behind Elizabeth. She was wearing a coloured hat, black jeans and a casual zip up hoodie, it made her jewell green eyes stand out against her dark hair.
'Hi, my name is R- actually just call me Lovac.'
'Great, whatever happened to, 'trust no one son'?'
'Do I offend you?'
'No, he's just like that. Hi I'm Lupus, nice to meet you.'
Lovac smiled nervously and extended her hand out towards Lupus. Lupus returned the handshake with a smile on his face.
'So you are a new student?'
'Yeah, we moved here just the other day.'
'Oh well welcome to the neighbourhood, I'm Lupus and this is Izaac.'
'So what were you guys talking about?
'Oh nothing, just an art project, right Izaac?'
Lupus smiled and looked at Izaac.
'Yeah, just about an art project.'
'On a weekend? You two sure are strange.'
Izaac looked at Elizabeth, gesturing her to speak about where we are going.
'Oh right! I guess I should tell you guys what we are doing.'
'You think?'
'Be quiet Izaac. Now I thought that we could go to the park. It's a great place to go and relax after a long school week.'
Izaac looked annoyed, opposed to Lupus as he seemed excited to be going. Izaac remembered how much he disliked socializing. Looking over towards Lovac, Izaac noticed that she was almost as excited as he was, she was however, looking at both him and Lupus curiously, though somewhat nervous, it was difficult meeting new people and not being awkward.
'Izaac, are we going to tell Elizabeth about the hunters?' Lupus whispered discretely as they walked.
'No.'
'What about telling Lovac about us being mythical creatures?'
'Definitely no.'
'Then what are we going to do?'
'We are going to play our lives out normally, like we have been.'
Lupus looked at Izaac with a frustrated look, trying to figure out what was going on in his head and if he was serious about their situation.
'Hey Lupus, does she look familiar to you?'
'Nope, why?'
'No reason, it must be my imagination.' Izaac announced, and after a long pause they got closer to their destination.
'Alright guys, we're here, the park.'
Izaac scanned the area, a swing set, and a small jungle gym like structure stood in the centre of the small area, a set of monkey bars extending from one side and a slide going from the top of it right to the ground.
'Really? Here?'
'yeah, why not? I come here all the time.'
'Okay then.'
'What do you think Lovac?'
'I think it's great, I quite enjoy parks like this, it seems so tranquil.'

An hour had passed and Lovac and Lupus were on the swing set conversing about their interests, while Elizabeth and Izaac sat at the top of the structure, also talking.
'Look at them Izaac, they get on so well!'
'So?'
'I didn't think she'd be able to make friends this fast, but it's almost like she's accustomed to moving around like this, I wonder how often she moves towns..'
'Hmm, I guess.'
'What's on your mind Izaac? You seem out of it.'
'Oh I didn't get any sleep last night.'
'Nightmares?'
'You could say that.'
Elizabeth gave Izaac a worried look.
'You want to talk about it?'
'Not particularly.'
'Oh come on.'
'Fine, Last night Lup-'
'Izaac, get down here!'
Izaac looked towards Lupus and stood up. Izaac looked back at Elizabeth only to be given an evil look. Izaac slowly made his way to Lupus, Navigating the structure with caution.
'What is it Lupus?'
'See those guys over there?'
'Yeah?'
'They've been watching us this whole time. It's kind of creepy.'
'More hunters?'
'Possibly, just keep cool okay? Do you think they are here about that old hunter I killed?'
'If they are hunters, then most likely.'
Izaac and Lupus' gaze returned to the tree the two were standing at, the two guys were no longer there but already on their way towards the two, about halfway between where they started and the park. Moving slowly towards Izaac and Lupus.
'Here they come.'
The two arrived at the park, both were skinny but tall guys, both of them no older than Izaac or Lupus; one was wearing a silver sword on his belt and the other a katana.
'What would you two like?'
'Dragon boy and the wolf?
'Nope, are you two crazy? There's no such thing as dragons, and as far as I can tell, Lupus here is a human, not a wolf.' Said Izaac in a dismissing voice.
'You know exactly what I'm talking about.'
'No we don't, now if you don't mind, we'd like to be left alone.'
The boy drew his silver blade and glared at Izaac.
'Like hell, you guys aren't human, you both reek of myth.'
The boy lunged at Izaac with his sword, but Izaac was too quick and before he knew it Izaac planted his knee right in the boy's face, sending him flying across the park.
'You bastard!'
The second boy drew his katana and lunged at Izaac, but Lupus intervened and grabbed his face, slamming the kid into the ground face first with all of his strength.
'Newbies.' Lupus smirked, proud of himself.
'I told you two, we are NOT mythical creatures.' Although they just proved that to be false, he knew they'd be after them again.
The boys stood up. Dusting themselves off as they sheathed their weapons.
'You got lucky this time. But next time you two are ours.'
The two boys turned tails and began running back the way they appeared
'Where did you guys learn to fight like that?' Lovac eyed them both carefully.
'It's just something I picked up.' Izaac said cautiously, looking at Lovac with all the honestly he could muster up.
'Who was that Izaac?'
'No one, just some morons.'
'What is up with your attitude Izaac?'
'I grew up like this. Anyway, Liz I think we should go home now.'
'I have another Idea....'
Elizabeth looked at Izaac and smirked she was having so many good ideas lately, Izaac returned her look with discomfort and frustration.
'Sleepover at Izaac's house!'
'What!? Why my house?'
'Because I said so! Besides you have the biggest house. What do you think Lovac?' Elizabeth was seeking Lovac's approval, and most could tell.
'I think it'd be a great idea.'
'And Lupus?'
'Yeah, why not?' He seemed a bit anxious.
'But I, you, we... oh... fine.'

'Nice house you have here Izaac.' She smiled at him warmly.
'Thanks Lovac.'
'This is the lounge room, up those stairs are the bedrooms and bathroom, you can put your stuff in my room, and through there is the kitchen and then the laundry. Please... make yourself at home, just don't break anything.' Izaac said in a shrewd manner.
'How do your parents afford this?'
'Well Lovac, I have no idea.' Izaac hoped she could tell the difference between sarcasm and sincerity.
'Anyway, let me show you the backyard.'
Izaac showed them to the backyard.
'Izaac, why is there a guy sitting on your lawn?'
'My name is Troy, I am not just some guy. I am a master of hammers.'
'Well where are your hammers then?'
He laughed, 'you'll see.'
'Liz, don't be rude.'
'Oh, sorry Izaac.'
Troy looked the group over, but stopped when he got to Lupus, his ego took over his mouth, 'I want to challenge Lupus.'
Lupus stepped forward and snarled at Troy. Troy stood up and took a fighting stance; he positioned his hands as if he were holding something in each of them. Lupus charged troy, knocking him to the ground, pinning him against the ground with his knee. Izaac thought Lupus was overreacting.
'What do you want?' Lupus snarled.
'Only to have a little challenge.'
At that moment something hit Lupus in the side of his face, sending him flying across the backyard into a massive oak tree. Lupus emerged from a giant pile of broken tree and leaves.
'What hit me? It wasn't your fists.'
Troy stood up and dusted himself off.
'I did say I was a hammer master, didn't I?' Troy smirked mockingly.
At that moment two gold and white mallet-like hammers, connected by a chain, appeared in Troy's hands.
'Oh, he's a weapon master, I've heard of those guys.' Lovac knew, how much else did she know?
Elizabeth looked over at Izaac with a confused look, she had no idea.
'They are people with the ability to master specific weapons, usually it takes 25 – 30 years, but he's our age.' He hoped this would clear up some of her confusion.
Izaac looked over at Lovac, she didn't look confused at all, actually she was following everything perfectly, could her eyes follow traces of movement? She was more in tune with her senses than Elizabeth

'Is that all you got Lupus? From someone like you, I'd expect more.' Troy was taunting Lupus to get him riled up.
'I'll show you skill.' Lupus' face contorted into unrecognizable anger, he didn't like being insulted.
Lupus charged at Troy, swinging claw-like fingernails at him. Troy dodged every attack except the last one. Lupus' claw-like fingernails gashed Troy's stomach narrowly, the blood leaving a trail down his shirt and into the dirt.
'Well you're very quick, I'll give you that. Now it's my turn.' He smirked.
Troy began to throw his hammers at Lupus, one after the other, Lupus kept dodging them. Every hammer that missed made massive holes in Izaac's backyard.
'What are you two doing?! You're destroying my yard!'
Lupus and Troy were too focused on each other to hear Izaac's yelling. Lupus ran past Izaac, Elizabeth and Lovac as Troy threw his hammer, Lupus dodged the hammer letting it fly straight towards them.
'Lupus, you idiot!' Izaac yelled angrily. Izaac balled his fist and punched the hammer, meeting it with brute force, sending it flying back at Troy.
'Nice punch!' Troy yelled.
Izaac looked at Lovac, she had seen the hammer, and had already moved away from where it was going to hit. Her attention focused from the demolished hammer, to Izaac then back to the fight when he turned his head back.
'Darkness Blades!' Lupus yelled.
Izaac's attention turned from shock of Lovac's movement, to the fight between Lupus and Troy. Lupus swung his hand and three black crescent shaped blades flew from Lupus' hand toward Troy at incredible speeds, too fast to be anything natural. Troy blocked with the two hammers he was holding, pushing him back causing three large gashes in Izaac's yard.
'That's it! This has gone on long enough!' Izaac yelled in frustration.
Izaac intercepted the next clash between Troy and Lupus, kicking both of them in the jaw from the air, sending them both across the yard and headfirst into the dirt.
'You're stronger than you look.' Troy stood up, panting and brushed himself off, coughing up a little blood, and eyed his cuts along his stomach and held his jaw. He poked the cuts carefully, wincing slightly.
'What the hell Izaac, Why did you interrupt?' Lupus sat up, out of the haze of rage, also coughing up a little blood.
'Look around Lupus! Didn't it go far enough? Or do you want to destroy my house as well?!'
Lupus looked over the area, holes in the ground from Troy's hammer and giant gash marks from his Darkness blades attack. Izaac knew that made him feel guilty.
'Fair enough, sorry, but what do we do about Troy?! Are we including him in all of this?!' Lupus was scared of the dragon.
Izaac looked at Elizabeth then to Lovac, her gaze fixed upon him, Lupus and Troy. Whatever doubt she had at their normality was squashed, there was nothing normal about any of them save Elizabeth.
'Look, Troy did attack us, but with everything that we went through Lupus... We could use him in the group.'
'I would love it if I could join.' troy butted in cautiously.
Lupus looked at Izaac with an angry look, Izaac shook his head and then looked at Elizabeth.
'Liz, what do you think?'
'Why me?' Elizabeth said in confusion.
'Well it is you that brought us together, and I really have no interest in making this decision.'
Elizabeth mulled the question over in her head for a bit, then looking at Izaac with a decisive face spoke out.
'Alright, he's in, which means he stays here the night, like the rest of us.'
Troy walked over to Lupus, who was still sitting in the pile of dirt Izaac had put him in. Troy reached out his hand in a gesture to help Lupus up.
'Need a hand there Lupus?'
'Hah, sure.'
Lupus looked up at Troy and grabbed his hand, allowing troy to pull him from the dirt. Dusting himself off Lupus looked around the yard again, feeling some guilt and looking towards Izaac. Izaac shook his head giving Lupus a 'Don't worry about it' look.
'Right well It's getting late and I am pretty tired, Izaac where is your room again?'
'Up the stairs and right at the end of the hallway.'
Everyone began to walk towards the house, except for Troy and Lupus who began to limp towards the house.

Lovac's eyes were staring at the ceiling, she was wondering what compelled her to end up in this dragons house, was it because she's a hunter? Or was it because she was questioning the side she was on. Either way Lovac couldn't sleep, and she needed some air. Lovac slowly pushed the blanket given to her by Izaac to the side and stood up, making sure not to wake anyone. Lovac noticed that the window was slightly open and the roof is accessible from Izaac's window. Lovac slowly opened the window and climbed out onto the roof.

Sitting there, looking up at the full moon Lovac wondered how she had got there and what she was to do from here.
'Something wrong Lovac?'
Lovac's silence broken by the sound of Izaac's voice.
'Um, no... I just couldn't sleep.'
'Something is wrong then?'
'Ha well um, you guys aren't normal humans are you?'
'What gave it away? The fact that Lupus and troy fight like they have learnt every single martial art in the world or that I deflected a 30 kilogram maul on a chain with a single punch.'
'The latter was what gave it away, and that strange attack that Lupus used. What are you guys?'
Izaac looked at Lovac with a cautious look.
'Well Lupus, he's a Dire wolf, He is very fast and very strong. Troy is a weapon master, he is also very fast and very strong, although he has no mythical attributes his weapon imbues him with magical power also being able to bond with certain weapons, but that has nothing to do with the magic, im not quite sure how it works. Elizabeth is just a normal human... actually I'm not sure on that part, but she seems normal. Me, well I'm a dragon.'
Lovac looked at Izaac, giving him an interested look.
'Hah, I get it, you want to know more right?'
'Well yes, it's not every day that you get to meet an actual dragon.'
'Okay, well first things first, I look like I'm sixteen, right?'
'Yeah...'
'Well I am actually 250 human years old.'
Lovac looked at Izaac in disbelief.
'It's true, and I'll look this age for the next 100 years. It's kind of a shame, because, I have to keep moving around, in the next five years I'll have to move... again.'
Lovac returned her gaze to the stars
'What else is out there Izaac?'
'Who knows, I could give you a list, but we'd be here forever.'
'Izaac, how'd you end up in a small town like this?'
'So you want to know my history?'
'Yes.'
Lovac looked at Izaac with a serious look.
'Okay, I'll tell you.'
Izaac began talking, to explain everything about his past was going to take a while, and they both knew it.

Years
Chapter 5: A Dragons Tale

'It all started the day I was born.' Izaac began softly. Lovac listening intently.
'My parents were 1000 years old and Living in Rome. I spent the first few years of my life there, growth during the early ages is basically like a normal humans at this point until about the age of 10. I remember the smell, almost like it was yesterday.'
Izaac's mind began to trail and put imagery into his head, almost like he was re-living his life.

'Mother, I found this bird on the ground, it looks hurt.'
Izaac's eyes were watery and his hands shaking. The bird looked like its wing had been trampled.
'Oh dear, we'll take him home with us and we can bandage him up there, okay sweetie?'
Isaac wiped his eyes and looked up at his mother's face, she was fair skinned and had bright brown hair tied back, her necklace hanging down from her neck, glinting in the sunlight.
'Okay.'
Izaac's frown turned into a smile as he gripped his mother's hand for the walk home.

'There sweetie, the bird's wing has been bandaged, now we just need to feed him until he's better.'
Izaac took the bird and put it in a box, laced with straw.
'There you go birdie.'
The bird chirped at Izaac as he put some seeds in the box for the bird.
Weeks passed and the bird seemed to be getting better, and also at the same time it was growing attached to the young boy known as Izaac.
'Izaac, I need you to take the bird and go with your father. Here take this.' Izaac's mother frantically looked around as she took the necklace from around her neck and placed it around Izaac's neck.
'What's wrong mother?'
'Nothing, now go and don't look back, don't ever look back.' Pushing Izaac out the doorway and into the street.
In a haze of confusion and crowds of people running everywhere, Izaac was grabbed by his father and pulled through the wall of stampeding people.
'Come on we have to go.'
'But what about Mum?!' Izaac cried in confusion.
'She'll be fine.'
Izaac and his father made their way to the docks, boats leaving, and full of people. His father was looking around frantically when suddenly he pushed Izaac onto a boat and spoke his last words to Izaac;
'Son, remember this, We are part of the noble dragon race, it has been a long time since we evolved and learned to shift into human form. Remember this and you will survive, trust no one and keep to yourself.'
Izaac had no idea what he meant by this and with the little bird in hand Izaac and the bird set sail for new lands. The last of his memories of his actual parents reduced to mere words. Granted Izaac lived his life out exactly as he was told, but that simple rule set by his father was broken, broken when he met Elizabeth.

'And that's basically it, I've just been moving around for the past 240 years. Eventually, ending up here with all of you.
Izaac looked to the moon as a single tear fell from his right eye. Lovac saw it glint in the moonlight and turned to face Izaac.
'Why are you crying? 240 years was a long time ago..'
'It's good... every once in a while.'
'I guess so.'
'Anyway, It's really late, we should get some sleep.'
'Izaac, I just want to say that I'm sorry about your parents, I really am.'
As Izaac approached the window he turned and gave Lovac a smile.
'Don't be, that was 240 years ago.'
As Izaac entered the window, his story couldn't help but make her think of her own life, how she had felt relatively the same. There was a majority of it that she'd nearly forgotten

Back