• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Map 100% Complete in Minecraft for Pixelmon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Kanto Region 100% Complete in Minecraft for Pixelmon

For about a month, me and three other people worked on a Kanto region recreation for Pixelmon. We have finished and it is now 100% complete, including interiors and puzzles such as Silph Co., Power Plant, Celadon Dept. Store, and a fully functional Safari Zone! Every gym is also setup and ready to take on, along with the Elite 4.

We are now working on adding every quest (such as Team Rocket stuff), NPCs to battle, and hidden items. We've also added accurate Pokémon spawning in long grass in their designated locations according to Pokémon Fire Red.

Click here to see full album

Pallet Town:
BcnJAapl.png

Route 1:
rhCPA5Hl.png

Viridian City:
5q2bujll.png

Pewter City:
sIbl03xl.png

Route 3/Mt. Moon:
w4PzB7Cl.png

Cerulean City:
4CkgSr8l.png

Bill's Cottage:
39rSwNGl.png

Power Plant:
k1RUDBsl.png

Lavender Town:
tu5UYHfl.png

Saffron City:
g3PgiCal.png

Celadon City:
szSaxYnl.png

Vermilion City:
0bk90shl.png

Route 12:
qh6j9Izl.png

Victory Road:
ToZmaOvl.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Holy! It looks great! ^^ Oh my god, that idea!
Make sure to make Hoenn next time! :D

Actually, a new player is in the process of building Hoenn on a private server right now :) When he's finished, we're going to add it to our map

Also, thank you for the kind words :D

Last edited:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
That is insane!! Can't even imagine the level of dedication that goes into that. I haven't played Minecraft much but from what I got, this is by no means a small feat.

Respect to your and your team, this is some awesome (and accurate!) work. Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
That is insane!! Can't even imagine the level of dedication that goes into that. I haven't played Minecraft much but from what I got, this is by no means a small feat.

Respect to your and your team, this is some awesome (and accurate!) work. Keep it up!

Thank you so much! :D :D :D

Outlier

Wow! I'm in the same boat as LoudSilence, I've never played Minecraft either so I can't fully appreciate the effort it takes to do something this big and in such great detail. But bravo everything looks amazing!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You know, I was really wondering about whether or not this belonged in A&D, but after some consideration, I think I'm going to allow this as opposed to moving it to PA or Video Games. It looks like you really put in a lot of work here, and I admire that. The level of detail you got in combination with the scale and accuracy is really astounding.

I'm definitely impressed! Keep up the great work!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I tried minecraft once. I couldn't do much more than making holes in the ground. Lmfao

anyway, like others said, this is really impressive. I love how accurate these are. But how does the Pokemon and npc and quest thing work? Minecraft allows pokemon battles too? I thought we could only build stuff, haha. Either way, impressive stuff, mate! Looking forward to anything else you have for showcase. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
But how does the Pokemon and npc and quest thing work? Minecraft allows pokemon battles too? I thought we could only build stuff, haha. Either way, impressive stuff, mate! Looking forward to anything else you have for showcase. :3

Thank you so much :D the battles work because we're using the "Pixelmon" mod with it. It adds Pokemon to the game and a bunch of items (like healers, trade machines, pokeballs, etc). The mod by itself is alright but it still feels super "Minecrafty", that's why we decided to build the Kanto region for our Pixelmon server =p We also got a plugin that allows us to script things such as Pokemon spawning in long grass, gym battles, puzzles, and HMs.

WOW this is awesome, My minecraft projects seem to end up as just random mine cart railways.

Is this going to be up for download or playable as a multiplayer server?

Thank you ♥ Yes actually, this was designed specifically for our Pixelmon mod server :pink_smile: You should check it out!! The IP is play.pixelbuilt.org and you just need Forge and Pixelmon 2.5.5 for it to work​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Wow that looks amazing, it's awesome to see Kanto come to life in a 3d rendition, it doesn't look as dinky as I thought it would.

Years

Thank you so much :D the battles work because we're using the "Pixelmon" mod with it. It adds Pokemon to the game and a bunch of items (like healers, trade machines, pokeballs, etc). The mod by itself is alright but it still feels super "Minecrafty", that's why we decided to build the Kanto region for our Pixelmon server =p We also got a plugin that allows us to script things such as Pokemon spawning in long grass, gym battles, puzzles, and HMs.

Thank you ♥ Yes actually, this was designed specifically for our Pixelmon mod server :pink_smile: You should check it out!! The IP is play.pixelbuilt.org and you just need Forge and Pixelmon 2.5.5 for it to work​

Thanks briahnanicole I will look at downloading the mods when I have time and have a look on the server.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I attempted this once. I gave up at cerulean. SO much respect for you and your friends. I can only imagine how much time this took. Like someone else has said before me, I want to see Hoenn. With you talent you all have at this, Hoenn will look beautiful.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Thanks everyone :) Right now we are currently working on making the entire PokeNation continent, which means soon we'll start work on all of the other regions :D

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Woow cool dude. Great awesome. These also feel me some 3D effect though. And the city and all the route you made are great. well done.

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Oh my... I want to download it. but i guess you want to finnish it first? or is it ofr a server only?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
When we finish every region, it's very possible we will put it up for download :) :)

Last night we pasted Kanto onto a new map; a PokeNation map I've been working on to include regions Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Here is a side by side comparison of our map and the actual Pokemon map:

Click photo for full size picture

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
Nicely done would do better with a texture pack of pokemon

Back