• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese "glossy" Starmie Lv. 28 card

Years
I have a Japanese "glossy" Starmie card I've been trying to look up the value of and I've already looked in the lists of the Vending Machine cards, its the same print as the original english version. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could look to find out about it or tell me.
I've been collecting Pokemon cards since they came out when I was 9 years old and I still have my original collection and my recently acquired collection and I'm making sure it keeps growing. So if anyone can give me some insight about the card I would appreciate it :)

Years
I checked the card and its not a sticker, its a regular card except thats it glossy and I tried to get some of the shine of it in the pix to show the gloss. [/ATTACH]

Years
Heres height and width and its the same as the Misty's Staryu card though it looks like the border is a tiny bit thinner. I'm just wondering about this card, thats the thing that it could be a really good fake or something really rare. I dunno lol [/ATTACH]

Last edited:
Years
Corners look too straight and the card looks printed too dark. I'm tentatively proclaiming it as a fake given that all other pictures i can find of that particular card in Japanese show it being much lighter in color.

Back