• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tutorial] Tile Spriting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hello all! Well, someone wanted me to make a tile spriting tutorial, so I did. This is part one of a many part series (I also didn't know where to post this)

tut1nc7.png

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Nice tutorial. Shows you put pride in your work and want others to take pride in their's. Bravo. ^__^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Wow, sweet tutorial you have there Дон Пач. It's very well explained and detailed.

I'll just be putting this in the resource thread then ^^

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks! I just made this:

Tiles-Tree-1.png

Is it good? Please make more of these! The black outline thingy is 30x50, so the actual work would be 29x49 (I think)

Years
It looks like a taller, skinnier version of my tree. Other than that, it is pretty good. How about next time, you try making something completely your own?

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I will make some for buildings soon.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Well at first I was going to make a carbon copy of yours, for practice then make a different one, but then I decided I was going to change it, but I already had the bottom of it done, so then I changed the top. The sading of the middle and of the trunk was the hardest for me.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Thanks Don, this has helped me alot, I really wanted to make my own tiles xD.
Heres what I got off my first try:

tiles1my1.png

Whole thing:
tiles1wholeuw8.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
WOW!!! Ive been a pokemon mapper and always wanted to do custom tiles. Now sometime I will try with help.

Can't wait for more tutorials, which can help me make my maps look different.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Are you going to post another tutorial? Дон Пач these tiles you make are amazing!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Are you working on another tutorial, I love making tiles now!

Years
Wow. I can't manage to take a break for school, can I? Anyway, the new tutorial should be done in about two weeks. I have all next week dedicated to the last week of the grading period at school, and I also have to work on my hack.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Thanks Don Patch,
This was really helpful mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back