• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wouldn't it be awsome!

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2006
With the advent of the wirless ability of mario kart on the DS.

Wouldn't be awsome to be to battle people around the world with your teams from any of your games?!

Think of it, I have Leaf,Fire, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, XD, and Collesium.

Trade any of your fav pokemon teams from your other games. Go online wirelss and battle your heart out.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this. It would be so awsome!!

Years
  • MD
  • Seen Mar 17, 2007
games2k4 said:
With the advent of the wirless ability of mario kart on the DS.

Wouldn't be awsome to be to battle people around the world with your teams from any of your games?!

Think of it, I have Leaf,Fire, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, XD, and Collesium.

Trade any of your fav pokemon teams from your other games. Go online wirelss and battle your heart out.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this. It would be so awsome!!
I believe such things will be in the Nintendo DS Pok?mon games Pearl and Diamond.

Micans

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2006
Yes, online play for Diamond and Pearl has been confirmed.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Sure online trading would be nice, but like Crystal Clair said, Pok?mon thieves would be everywhere, trying to trick you into a bad trade >.> Anyway... I think Nintendo will minimize this risk by forcing both traders to double check both Pok?mon's stats, natures and attacks and then ask twice if you really want to trade your Pok?mon with the other one, or something like that. I'm absolutely sure they'll do something to make the chances of something like this happening as low as possible.

Years
i think that internet trades won't be allowed... the reason why they make two differant versians is to make you buy them both to complete your pokedex. and if internet trades were allowed then it would create a big profit loss. if you can only trade with a friend who has a differant versians then the chances are smaller so most people buy both versians thus nintendo makes more profit.

ouendan

Video Game Nut
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2006
I think they will the trades more clear if they were online to prevent people from doing that.

Years
It may be risky but it'll be awesome to be able to go online with the games. The cable thing gets old fast, even the new wireless adapters can only go so far. Im sure there will be some problems, but it'll still open up alot of possibilities for the games.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
online will be cool, but online trading wont be that risky....
this is because you get to see what the persons team is before you enter a trade, so you wont get a bad trade, although some people can be sneaky

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
____ said:
online will be cool, but online trading wont be that risky....
this is because you get to see what the persons team is before you enter a trade, so you wont get a bad trade, although some people can be sneaky
Plus, GameFreak will need to implement a system so it disables Pokemon created/obtained via GameShark to be tradeable.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
oh they have to do the language barrier, because trading from a japanese to a PAL copy would be difficult, they'd have to translate the names and moves... maybe thats why its taking so long to be realeased

Micans

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2006
Smarties-kun said:
Sure online trading would be nice, but like Crystal Clair said, Pok?mon thieves would be everywhere, trying to trick you into a bad trade >.> Anyway... I think Nintendo will minimize this risk by forcing both traders to double check both Pok?mon's stats, natures and attacks and then ask twice if you really want to trade your Pok?mon with the other one, or something like that. I'm absolutely sure they'll do something to make the chances of something like this happening as low as possible.

If they had online trading, you wouldn't not know what you're trading for.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
____ said:
oh they have to do the language barrier, because trading from a japanese to a PAL copy would be difficult, they'd have to translate the names and moves... maybe thats why its taking so long to be realeased
That'll be no problem. Afterall, on the GBA 3rd gen Pokemon, it was possible to trade from Japanese <-> English :D

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Carpet said:
If they had online trading, you wouldn't not know what you're trading for.
there would be a system here you see the person party pokemon before you sccept a trade, if not ill slap game freak witha trout
kohei: really? full name and moveset translations?

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
____ said:

kohei: really? full name and moveset translations?
Movesets would be translated automatically. The Pokemon names would be changed to English is set to default name, but if it was given a Nickname, that'll stick.
(Eng->Jap will have the first 5 letters of the nickname as the name, while Jap->Eng will have the Japanese name. Basically, the English Pokemon ROM has the Japanese lang. set, but is locked).

Obviously, the trainer names will stay the same, even if the trainers name is more than 5letters, and is moved to a Jaapnese cartridge.

Rioku

Inuyasha pwns
Years
I think online play is awsome. I really don't have a lot of friends into pokemon so i'd be able to trade with poeple other then my brothers

Back