• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

voting for game of the year 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Welcome to the voting thread for game of the year 2009.
Everyone can vote!
Here is the thread for submitting your game so that everyone can see your post.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200951

Here is how voting will work:
You must vote for one of the games that submitted their game.
You must mention what game you are voting for.
You must include why you are voting for the game.
the game maker of one of the games can still vote just not for their game.
You can only vote once.

This thread will close at midnight on January first.
This is in Eastern United States Time.
Awards will be awarded soon after the closing of the thread.
If you would like to help make the awards, send me a pm.

Here are the games that can be voted for:
Pokemon Raptor
Pokemon Crystal Rain
Pokemon Pyrite Version
Pokemon Xenotime
Pokemon Uranium
Pokemon Ryen

Here, I will keep track of how many votes each game has.

Pokemon Raptor -XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Crystal Rain -XXX
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Pyrite Version -
Pokemon Xenotime -XX
Pokemon Uranium -XX
Pokemon Ryen -XXXXXXXXXX

Let the voting begin!

Last edited:
Years
I vote Pokemon Raptor seeing as its the first completed fangame on this forum, has possibly the biggest fanbase and has so many new scripted features and has had so much effort put into it that i think it deserves to win game of the year.

Congrats on making a great game O.G Duke! :)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I vote for Pokémon Ryen, as it's one of the games that first attracted me to game-making.
It also have graphics with a lot of effort put into them, and an awsome gameplay.

Good luck, SL ;)

Cheerz~

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I will vote for Pokemon Raptor. It is the first completed game I have seen here and it is really good. This game and a couple others are the reason I even found RPG Maker. I hope it wins.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
I have to go with pokemon raptor, because it was the game that attracted me to PC and it is the first completed game.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Vote: "Pokemon Ryen"~!
Creator: Shinylugia

Why: Oh why to ask why! How it can be answered in so many ways~! I've played all of the game demos thus far, and while they're all good, from what I've played I feel that a lot of work has been put into Pokemon Ryen. It's not about fanbase, or whether or not it was the first completed game or not. I imagine Ryen has had hours upon hours put into it, simply by the amount of sheer detail, graphical standards, and the plethora of crafty and innovative designs that populate the game throughout!

I can easily tell that all of these games have had countless hours put into them, and I wish the best of luck to everyone n_n

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Pokemon Raptor. While the other games look good, and are fun, Pokemon Raptor is my favorite. While it doesn't have the beautiful graphics like Pokemon Ryen or Pokemon Uranium, it does have a good story, which is more apparent, since it is complete, and the effort really shows in making this game. This game interested me in the community, and, for now is my favorite game. But it was a tough choice between Ryen and Raptor.

Of course, there was effort put into all of these games, but my vote, like I said, goes to Raptor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2009
I vote for Pokemon Raptor because it is the first completed pokemon fangame. I found the game when surfing in Youtube and it brings me to this community. This game is worth to be the game of the year.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Alright. Finally the vote is up.
I'll definitely vote for Pokemon Ryen. ( since I can't vote for my game. XD )
That's because the game has a beautiful graphics and tile which attracted me.

Second, I'm the 2nd founder of Pokemon Ryen, so for sure I'll vote for it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2009
My vote goes to Raptor because I've seen most of the development from beginning to end, and I know O.G has put tons of effort into it. It grew from an average fangame to a very enjoyable game.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
My vote goes to Raptor. The game has a simple yet interesting plot, and flows quite smoothly. It's not confusing and its ideas and features are one of kind! Og can use the simplest of graphics and arrange to in such away to make them really appealing.
It was great to be the co-founder for Raptor and part of the team and it's definitely an experience I won't forget.

So like I said before my vote goes to Raptor.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
This is really difficult, but I have to cast my vote for Pokemon Raptor, from what I've played, and the little I got to work on prior to FMP being chosen to finish the language corrections, the story is quite nice, and is simple and enjoyable. :D

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
I'm second in command for my game, does that mean I can vote for that?
My vote goes to Pokemon Xenotime, cos, um, I'm making it.
But if I can't vote for that, my vote goes to Pokemon Raptor. It's the first completed game and quite simply, I love playing it!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
My vote goes to Pokéon Ryen. OG's a great guy and Raptor IS awesome, but this is just from a spriter's point of view - Ryen's tiles and overall graphics are just all beautiful and Ryen is the reason I keep trying to make better and better Tiles. I'm not surprised this has already turned into a two horse race between the two R's - None of the other games can compare.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
My vote is for Pokémon Xenotime. I like how it looks, and it has some great features.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2010
I vote for Pokemon Crystal Rain because it is really nice game and it is in my favourite Johto* region.

Last edited:

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
My vote has to go to Raptor
because it was one of the first games i saw here, and after waiting almost a year after coming here was one of the best things I've played.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I have updated the votes count.
Raptor leads with Ryen in second.
While Xenotime is barely leading Crystal Rain.

Just to keep things fair, I will not be voting.

Atomic Reactor

It's graphics are simply beautiful. It plays very smoothly, and the dialogue is pretty good. A real fun game to play overall, oh, and mapping is good too.

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Pokemon Raptor, since by playing through you can see how much work has been put in, sure it has it's fair share of errors and bugs, but name a game that has been completed and doesn't? On top of that it's awesome, and even though games like Ryen use D/P/Pt graphics, Raptor, with it's third gen graphics, is still on top for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back