• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've been playing Tales of VS lately. n_n; I'm kinda rushing it because I also bought the first Radiant Mythology the other day and after I beat that, I've got Radiant Mythology 2 that I borrowed from parallelzero. @_@

This is gonna be a really Tales summer for me. xD;
I officially beat Tales of Graces: F last night I beat the Main story (like a week or two ago) and then the F arc. I really liked it, as my first Tales games.
I plan to get ToV, and TotA(PS2 version), and other ones, once I get the money.
So far ToGF is my favorite PS3 game, I have to give ToV try for sure (:
Go for ToA first! I still think it's the best one. 8D; ToV is prettier, for sure, but I didn't think the characters or plot was as endearing as ToA. (And I never fully got the hang of the battle system, either. :S)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Lately I've been playing ToP. ^___^
Its pretty nice; I love the music~! and Arche is the coolest!

I was thinking of starting Unknown mode again in ToA.
But I THINK it'll be tricky to come against Arietta or even Legretta. =(

BTW: What would you guys say is your favourite music from any game?

Like for me: I really like Tales of Vesperia's "Fury Sparks" theme; the theme when Yuri fights Flynn.

Last edited:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I've been playing Tales of VS lately. n_n; I'm kinda rushing it because I also bought the first Radiant Mythology the other day and after I beat that, I've got Radiant Mythology 2 that I borrowed from parallelzero. @_@

This is gonna be a really Tales summer for me. xD;

Go for ToA first! I still think it's the best one. 8D; ToV is prettier, for sure, but I didn't think the characters or plot was as endearing as ToA. (And I never fully got the hang of the battle system, either. :S)
Yeah, I'm not getting the 3DS version, Might as well search for the PS2 version since i own a PS2 already lol. I do want to get ToV so badly tho.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
ToP was a fun game. Though if you ask me anything on it, I probably wouldn't know. :laugh: Kinda rushed through it.

As for favorite songs, it would probably these two:

-Don't exactly remember where this one plays in Symphonia, but it instantly became one of my all time favorite battle themes

-Leon's battle theme. No explanation needed.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I've got quite a few favorite songs.

Fighting of the Spirit
It Can Waver and Fight
Meaning of Birth
Fury Sparks

I'm even planning on using them in my Pokemon hack.
I wonder if any other Tales games will be released for the 3DS, or even the PSV.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Obviously aside from the Abyss port, I'm certain you'll see a Radiant Mythology and a VS. title eventually on either system. Hopefully no mothership title 'cause we never seem to get the handheld ones, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
ToP was a fun game. Though if you ask me anything on it, I probably wouldn't know. :laugh: Kinda rushed through it.

As for favorite songs, it would probably these two:

-Don't exactly remember where this one plays in Symphonia, but it instantly became one of my all time favorite battle themes

It plays while you're battling Sheena, and then when you battle Abyssion. n___n

I got stuck in ToP and never continued, end of that story. :V But ask me anything about Tales of Symphonia ranging from the story to battle quotes, and I would probably know the answer.

I like... a lot of music. Though most of them from Symphonia. xD For Abyss I tend to lean towards the several Karma remixes or whatever as my favorites there. :V

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Point taken. I think for the Colosseum battles it most likely plays while the two extra matches (Seles and the Cameo Trio respectively). I tend to think Sheena and definitely Abyssion though. xD; Sorry Regal!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Regal is a tough one to use in battle. He can actually make some really nice combos, but they're difficult to use. Only the AI can really get the hang of them until you have a lot of practice with him. He can heal, but there are obviously better choices than him (Raine, Zelos, Kratos). I really like Regal myself, but he doesn't usually find a placement in my team until I'm messing around.

Also, I meant I forgot that Fatalize played while fighting Regal. I didn't forget Regal as a whole. xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I can never really use Regal, because well, I'm more used to spamming Tiger Blade related artes with Llyod. :B

But yeah, he has nice combos; he works quite well with his spin kick in the Union attack.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Even Tales of the World Radiant Mythology forgot Regal. He and Sheena are not in Radiant Mythology 2. Sheena is in Radiant Mythology 3, but still no Regal.

Cherrim

Years
I never used Regal. :x I don't think he's very popular, and it's not really his fault... Symphonia was kind of awful for ignoring characters. He and Presea should've been really important but they ended up really forgettable because the game tried to make us care about 9+ main characters at once. Since their "plots" all took place in the past, it was easy to look past them. I actually loved Regal's parts in ToS2 so I'd like to see him in more games. But alas, sounds like he's not in any spinoffs. :(

I'd love a Tales of VS port to 3DS. I'd totally buy it. :D Or I'd be terrified because that would be one more reason to buy a Japanese one for imports...

edit: Oh, and my favourite songs in the series are probably...
→ Dry Trail (Symphonia) [it's calming 8D]
→ Beat the Angel (Symphonia)
→ End of a Thought (Symphonia) [Kratos <3]
→ Prologue (Abyss)
→ Meaning of Birth (Abyss)
→ finish the promise (Abyss)
→ A Wish to the Starry Sky (Abyss)
→ United Oath (Vesperia)
→ Eternal Mind (Eternia)
→ Take Up the Cross (Phantasia--especially the VS remix)
→ Theme of Battle (Destiny 2, VS remix)
→ Encounter (Tempest, VS remix)

...n_n I like Motoi Sakuraba, even though most of his OSTs tend to sound the same.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Adding to my favourite music list would be At the Time of Farewell from ToA, and Confrontations from Tales of the Tempest; the arranged remix. :3

lol, he was pretty forgettable for me anyways. Nice backstory, but I just found him pretty boring. Never used him or had him in my party.

-shrug-

I wouldn't call him boring per-se, he's a pretty good role model. =O
Emil from ToS2 is kinda like him;
Which BTW, do you guys even like Emil, Marta...or even Richter? ~

/cause nowadays I don't hear much people talking about them as far as the topics of ToS is concerned. :x

Cherrim

Years
I didn't like any of the new cast members in ToS2. :x I LOVED the cameos from all the old characters and thought they were great, but the actual main characters in this game were just... grating and annoying. D:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
...n_n I like Motoi Sakuraba, even though most of his OSTs tend to sound the same.

Yeah, he's definitely gotta change his style a bit. Even his non-Tales albums sounds similar.

I'm sure I've posted this here before, but Emil has gotta be the most annoying RPG main character ever. Should have just made him a silent protagonist. ;)

Marta and Richter didn't do much for me either...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I didn't like any of the new cast members in ToS2. :x I LOVED the cameos from all the old characters and thought they were great, but the actual main characters in this game were just... grating and annoying. D:
This. I liked Alice and Decus, but as for any of the other new characters I didn't really find any of them appealing. Maybe Ratatosk, but that's basically it. I found more enjoyment in the game when one or more of the older cast members were in the group than just Emil/Marta.

Oh, and Tenebrae was cool too. He made the Emil and Marta moments tolerable.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Haha, yeah. When I started playing ToS, I couldn't help but think, "Haven't I heard this song in Golden Sun?"
And yeah, same composer. o3o
...I still need to play ToS2. ;;

Back