• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Do you think shinies will be included in this generation? What alternate color schemes are you hoping for on the Pokemon that have already been revealed? Do you think certain Pokemon will get a shiny lock, like in gen V? What do you think the new shiny animation will be like?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Yes I think that shinies must be in this gen because they are in every previous gen except Gen 1. For Fennekin, I am hoping for a bright yellowish color. For Froakie, I think it should be green color. For Chespin, I wish light brownish color.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hopefully the shiny animation will be a bit more noticeable. Looking at the way the random encounters are animated, it's like...there's no way you could miss it being shiny haha. And for Fennekin, I think a color scheme similar to shiny Victini would be good (so white and red). Chespin would probably have a scheme similar to shiny Leafeon, which are just brighter greens and browns. Froakie would look nice in a soft yellow or a sea green color.

And I'll be mad if they shiny lock stuff again. Especially Pokemon that have a good shiny. Ugh.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Yeah, I think shinies will still be there. It's one of those features that just adds something for people to do. And sometimes, shiny colors look better than the originals. For shiny animations, I think it'll be the same stars you see around it, and maybe it does a little dance or movement to accompany the stars.

Shinies for the new pokemon... hm.
I'm not really sure for that deer pokemon, since it has those rainbow antlers. And I'm just guessing, but I can kind of see Fennekin in a darker red all over its body, and for Froakie, I want a pink shiny form.
yes, my color schemes are weird.

Years
Ooh shinies! So far, I'm hoping that froakie will have a bright green color, like how normal politoed is almost. I think chespin would look great with the chestnut on its head a dark green like the green on venipede, and with a darker version of normal furret's colors. And then fenniken would look awesome as a cream color with the red fluff on it's ears a dark golden color, like ninjask's color. The Y legendary should be dark purple and light pink, almost like normal toxicroak. And then the X legendary should have elgyem's colors basically.

Gah shinies! (I love them so) XD

I think the legendaries will probably have a shiny lock, unfortunately, so the shiny versions can be given out at a later date perhaps? I think the new shiny animation will be like in the anime, where a bunch of stars come out of the pokeball with the pokemon, or stars kind of fleck off the pokemon if its in the tall grass.

edit: from my babbling and shiny fangirling, I seem to have decided shiny pokemon will in fact be in pokemon X and Y XD

Sirfetch’d

Shinies in 3D will be so cool. I can't wait to see that. Maybe I will luck up and my Fennekin will be shiny. *crosses fingers* But yeah I hate shiny lock, but I know the legendaries will probably have it or at least the event Pokemon:(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Changed my mind. Shiny Fennekin should be a light pink color with a darker pink or magenta on the fluffy darker spots.

Years
I'm excited to see how the shinies will look with the new 3D battle system! ^_^

And I agree. A shiny lock is no bueno... D:<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Um for the fox I'd like to see a lighter pastel scheme tbh. Not sure about the others. I don't think the legendaries will get a shiny lock cause they seem like roamers rather than sitting in one place.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
A shiny lock is when the game prevents certain encounters from being shiny. This generally applies only to events, but it was also used for Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and (BW2 only) Kyurem in Generation V.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hopefully the shiny animation will be a bit more noticeable. Looking at the way the random encounters are animated, it's like...there's no way you could miss it being shiny haha. And for Fennekin, I think a color scheme similar to shiny Victini would be good (so white and red). Chespin would probably have a scheme similar to shiny Leafeon, which are just brighter greens and browns. Froakie would look nice in a soft yellow or a sea green color.

And I'll be mad if they shiny lock stuff again. Especially Pokemon that have a good shiny. Ugh.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to suggest. I wonder if we'll be able to RNG in these games

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years

Sydian, you said Shiny Victini colours? Check my Pixel Palace (Link In Sig) theres an example.
To be honest, shinies give someone something to look forward to. A trophy if you please, i dont see why they'd remove it now.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
What I am more interested in is if they create a Shiny Pokemon encounter music theme. That'd make the experience even more unique!

Wow, hadn't thought of this. I think this would be really cool, and I know I wouldn't forget this theme if I ever came across it. It also makes catching a shiny more special.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What I am more interested in is if they create a Shiny Pokemon encounter music theme. That'd make the experience even more unique!

That'd be amazing and a sure fire way to let you know "HEY I'M SHINY DON'T KILL ME!!!"

Do you guys think the shiny rate will be lowered this generation?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Shiny imports

Suppose with the new 3d look they did more than just shiny Pokemon?

What if they replaced shiny with a random chance for a Pokemon to have a random feature or 2?

Like the pinkemons from the anime, the spiky haired pikachu or the crystal onyx, or even different sizes like that magikarp minigame
Something like the variant Pokemon seen in the anime perhaps even borrowing a gene or 2 from the other parent or an ester

And suppose you import your shiny to the new game and it randomly generated a set of unique features for it?

I could import my black charizard and instead get a 3 horned blue-violet shiny coated charizard with an abnormally large tail flame
And you could import another and it came out with large wings, an arbok-like design on its stomach and gold flame

Also regional variances to colours and patterns for imports aswel

This idea came from my amazing import of my black charizard from gen1.... when I got Pokemon gold I imported my starter and a whole bunch of pokemon and was shocked to find my charme with a hellova tan! If I still had my games I'd keep it as a trophy, but anyways I want that feeling back the amazement when something unexpected and awesome happened!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't see them adding something else to the Pokemon really. Considering the normal formes, shiny forms, male/female forms, Unown formes, Spinda patterns, and numerous forme changes for other Pokemon, that's already a lot to implement. So I don't think they'll add anything like a Crystal Onix (though that does sound badass) or...violet Charizard or something.

Back