• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Well...

Hey guys! I've got a super difficult challenge for ya! Try to play Sonic 4 episode 1 and 2 without puking, crapping out your own intestines , and stabbing yourself with a rusty rake that was just dipped in lava.

You know once I posted my big rant on Episode 2 somewhere. I got called fanboy even though Im pretty sure everything I said was valid.

Negative opinion on modern Sonic game = Fanboyism.

Makes sense to meeee

Undefeatedable

Sonic Lover/Black Guy
Years
I'm planning to do the exact same thing! I might livestream some of the games around Midnight if I'm feeling up for it.

since my compy is slow, I'd only be streaming the classics, maybe some music, fanhacks and an episode or 2 of Sonic X. (this would be about 3 and a half hours from now, and the link will be in my signature in about 2 hours if I do decide to do it.)

Oh, and YES! I LOVE the comics! Haven't got all the newest ones and there's huge gaps so I haven't been readign them must lately...

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. I decided to go all-out and create a fun challenge..

THE SONIC SUPER GENERATIONS CHALLENGE!

Play Sonic Generations.:

Once you complete both acts of a zone as both Sonics, go play the original game the level came from.
Get as far as you can in the game without a Game Over. Preferably, playing through all stories.
Record Total Lives in each game. Record where the first and last deaths in each game where.
Do not play extra missions in any game. Do not return to previous levels to collect extra goodies or improve your score.

At the end of the entire run, add up the totals Posted Image
Game Over in Generations= you must restart the entire run all over again.

*Skills ARE allowed, IF it's a skill you can earn from a mission. (Or the default, Power Brake)
*If you can beat the original game's story mode without a single Game Over, then you may go back to that zone and do the rest of the Challanges and/or collect the Red Rings.
*Don't have one of the games? Substitute it for another one then.
*If you happened to get an S-Rank on your run through that zone, then you may use a continue. S-Rank both acts, 2 continues. (don't have an actual continue in the game? then use level select.)
*Losers of the Challenge must consume at least one full Cinnadog (Chilidog with SUPER Spicy Chilli, Hot Sauce, and Cinnamon.)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! Sonic's 1-3 will be easy, maybe not 2 for me at least but... ya! i think i'll have the most trouble with heroes. 06 thru colors will be fun!

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
So...anyone wanna talk about the new racing game Super Sonic Plagiarism Kart 2: Obvious Mario Kart 7 ripoff is obvious?

To be honest, it actually looks better than Mario Kart 7, mainly because it looks like its going to actually take advantage of the Underwater and Flying gimmicks? Those gimmicks in MK7 sucked probably because Nintenderp is afraid to try anything new. You'd think that you are driving a submarine, you would be able to drive around freely like Star Fox or somethin'. But nope.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Well...

Hey guys! I've got a super difficult challenge for ya! Try to play Sonic 4 episode 1 and 2 without puking, crapping out your own intestines , and stabbing yourself with a rusty rake that was just dipped in lava.

You know once I posted my big rant on Episode 2 somewhere. I got called fanboy even though Im pretty sure everything I said was valid.

Negative opinion on modern Sonic game = Fanboyism.

Makes sense to meeee

Too easy of a challenge. getting through Labyrinth and 2006 sounds more suitable. XP

Fanboy? But you're female.... XD

So...anyone wanna talk about the new racing game Super Sonic Plagiarism Kart 2: Obvious Mario Kart 7 ripoff is obvious?

To be honest, it actually looks better than Mario Kart 7, mainly because it looks like its going to actually take advantage of the Underwater and Flying gimmicks? Those gimmicks in MK7 sucked probably because Nintenderp is afraid to try anything new. You'd think that you are driving a submarine, you would be able to drive around freely like Star Fox or somethin'. But nope.

It looks better is an obvious sight. Gameplay-wise it's taking what MK7 did (underwhelmingly) and expanding on it.

Hope that Segata Sanshiro makes it in still. XD

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
NiGHTS and Ristar NEED TO BE PLAYABLE. Seriously, Ristar was limited to a cameo in a single track, and NiGHTS WAS STUCK TO FLAG MAN...GIRL...PERSON...THING...seriously what the hell is NiGHTS? It sounds like a girl but everyone says its a boy...

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
NiGHTS and Ristar NEED TO BE PLAYABLE. Seriously, Ristar was limited to a cameo in a single track, and NiGHTS WAS STUCK TO FLAG MAN...GIRL...PERSON...THING...seriously what the hell is NiGHTS? It sounds like a girl but everyone says its a boy...
It depends on which story you play,
Nights is a dream creature, unless they represent a specific person they are always genderless.
NiGHTS was created by Wizeman and there wasn't any need for a gender to be assigned to her/him.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I DON'T CARE. It sounds like a girl so its a freaking girl!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2020
So to join I just put like an -Emerald- somewhere I suppose?

Username: FACEcake1223
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Metal Sonic, Shadow, Rouge, Scourge(From Archie Comics), Tails, Knuckles, Espio, E-101 Beta MkII, Emerl, E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega, Big the Cat, and of course Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik! (Not in any particular order, of course)

What is your favorite Sonic video game? Why Sonic Adventure 2 Battle of course!
Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games? Sonic All-Stars Racing or whatever it's called, I can't remember.
How has the Sonic series influenced your life? It's like all I ever play if that's what you mean.

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
The Archie comics. I actually read those about a year ago. I stopped last May because I lost interest. I don't even remember wtf was going on. Something about the Death Egg not looking like the big Star Wars homage it originally as supposed to be?

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Welcome to the club FACEcake1223 !

The Death Egg in all Sonic mediums draw inspiration from the Death Star from Star Wars.

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
OOHHHH MAN, YOU DON'T SAY. DEATH EGG? DEATH STAR? NEVER SAW THE SIMILARITIES!

So...its around that time where Sega announces a new Sonic game...any speculation? Its gonna be weird. After all, at this point the guys at Sonic Team are just throwing stuff at a dartboard with game ideas on it. Where the heck do you think they got the idea of giving Sonic a sword, turning him into a God of War ripoff, and going into space and having seizures?

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
OOHHHH MAN, YOU DON'T SAY. DEATH EGG? DEATH STAR? NEVER SAW THE SIMILARITIES!

So...its around that time where Sega announces a new Sonic game...any speculation? Its gonna be weird. After all, at this point the guys at Sonic Team are just throwing stuff at a dartboard with game ideas on it. Where the heck do you think they got the idea of giving Sonic a sword, turning him into a God of War ripoff, and going into space and having seizures?
are you sure you want to be a member of this club? You seem to dislike almost every sonic game in existence.

anyways I think the reason they haven't made a Mario and Sonic Platformer is that Mario kills animals and sonic saves them. Mario saves princesses and Sonic saves the whole world. and Finally Mario has hundreds of power ups and Sonic has about 12 at best.
Like the companies said "There's no common ground to base a adventure on"

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
My opinion bro.

Hey at least I give a valid reason to why I think most of them suck at opposed to saying they suck because they suck. (Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department).

There being no common ground is understandable. BUT, if you can't make a good crossover game in the style of gameplay they're both best at, don't bother to make one AT ALL. Sports? Seriously?! Thats got to be the weirdest matchup since...Square and Disney! At least Kingdom Hearts is fun...

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
Username: Ravenfreak
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic, Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Fang The Sniper (AKA Nack the Weasel)

What is your favorite Sonic video game? Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles, because IMO it has the best soundtrack, and it's also the longest Genesis title. (Excluding Sonic CD, but that's on the Mega CD an add on for the Genesis. xP)
Are you looking forward to any upcoming Sonic video games? If the re-release of Sonic Adventure 2 counts then yes. :)
How has the Sonic series influenced your life? Well the series didn't really influence my life, but the community made me realize that I want to be a computer programmer. xD
Also I need to mention the word Emerald too correct? :V

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2020
Oh yeah they're re-releasing Sonic Adventure 2 for the 360. I can't wait for that game. I'm kinda hoping that it will have 2 player over Xbox live, but I don't think that would happen.

Ravenfreak

Years
Same here. :3 I've only got the chance to play SA2:B on my friend's GC once and that was only for one level. :\ I've heard great things about it, so it's definitely on my list of games to buy for my 360. <3 Even though i'm more into the classic games the newer ones aren't too bad. It just depends on which ones. ;) Sonic Colors was great when it first came out, and it's still great. Also Sonic Generations is awesome, and I actually prefer the 3DS version over the console versions. Probably because i'm more into Classic Sonic's game play which is side-scrolling and in the 3ds version it's a side-scroller in both Classic and Modern game play.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 4, 2020
Yeah I have Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube and I've played them to death. And I started playing them again after my original Files on my old memory card somehow got deleted, now I got to do everything again. And by everything I mean EVERYTHING. I had over 300 hours logged into both those games combined, which might be the only reason I get SA2 for the 360, but I'm thinking about not because they aren't the same but they're very close to it, and as I said before, I already have it.

On a different note, am I the only person who thinks they should make extra DLC for Sonic Generations? Like extra levels and stuff like that. If they do I'm hoping they remake Sky Deck from Sonic Adventure, or Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3.

Ravenfreak

Years
I for one would think it would be great to see Sega provide DLC for Sonic Generations. I'd love to see Ice Cap Zone from Sonic 3 and Knuckles in the game. :3 However, the PC version has been cracked so it'd probably be possible to make a custom ICZ from scratch. Dario FF is the dude on Sonic Retro who cracked most of the formats, so if you ever wanted to modify SG you might want to ask him. ;) Sorry about your memory card though, I should probably check to see if my Sonic Adventure DX save is okay... :\

Back