• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
hello sorry i'm pretty new to all this...but when i play this game i get this message stt the start: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."
and so i'm not able to save the game properly (always says save failed). is there a fix for this? i don't like the idea of relying on save states too much =/
This is a standard thing that will happen to you on ALL hacks (well...most) and on official games in ROM format as well if you do not follow these steps:

1. Check your save type. If you're in VBA, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type. Set to 128K Flash.
2. While in the Emulator submenu, check that Real Time Clock is on.
3. You are almost set. Delete the .sav file created on your first run.
4. Close and restart VBA, run the ROM as before. I clearly don't have to tell you how to patch the ROM, because you already attempted to run it. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
This is a standard thing that will happen to you on ALL hacks (well...most) and on official games in ROM format as well if you do not follow these steps:

1. Check your save type. If you're in VBA, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type. Set to 128K Flash.
2. While in the Emulator submenu, check that Real Time Clock is on.
3. You are almost set. Delete the .sav file created on your first run.
4. Close and restart VBA, run the ROM as before. I clearly don't have to tell you how to patch the ROM, because you already attempted to run it. :)

Cyclone

thanks Cyclone everything's working perfectly right now =D

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
ahh shucks i just tried to evolve my golbat today but got the "...?" message. i suppose i'll need the national pokedex for it to evolve 1st (along with my pineco) D: will go with the kanto pokemon 1st then haha
btw the game is great so far =D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You mean you can't evolve something not in the initial Pokédex?

I did propose due to wide availability of certain types to give out the National Pokédex right away, but I don't know whether diego is going to put that in. I mean, I had a dozen Pokémon and five entries...

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
hmm that does sound like a good idea seeing that there are quite a lot of non-kanto pokemon at the start!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I ended up trying the hack after seeing, in the thread of my own hack, CycloneGU's comment about how a certain mountain city is connected to an area leading to it.

But that's all there is about that...

I have no idea why I hadn't tried this hack out earlier but it's really something else. I was never a big fan of hearing you start out with this "Mikachu fakemon" and some other things prevented me from playing it too, I guess I wasn't fond of 3rd gen hacks at that time either (not like I would play most pokemon hacks now either).

But really, playing this was a refreshing experience! Although I prefer seeing something totally new and not playing "fight a trainer, fight another trainer, wander around in grass, ..., get to another town, fight more trainers, get another gym badge..." type of hacks, this was a lot better.
I like how you've put thought into the events; for example, I wasn't disappointed at all being forced to start out with Mikachu seeing how you were made to go on with it and the pokemon itself didn't "come out of nowhere" either (referring to how it was born here). And wouldn't consider it being a "fakemon" for this matter either.

Keep it up, this is one hack I'll continue checking updates for :)

Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Haha, glad I got someone else interested in this hack. ;)

While I can't talk about changes yet, I did propose some changes and even split up that big Route 1 into a couple of new maps; unless other changes have been made that I don't know about, the game will have a much friendlier start to it rather than forcing a weak trainer back through lots of grass. There will still be some required Trainer battles en route to the cave that leads to Vantrek City, but it won't seem as intense. I think the number of Trainers involved up to the end of the current beta was something that got criticized, but I also think the level jump between Route 2 and Route 3 made the hack virtually unplayable after that point unless you overlevel yourself before getting there (I thought I was overleveled and boy, did I get overwhelmed). I look forward to seeing any changes to that area, but I agree the map design so far (and the changes I have seen) looks pretty. :)

Cyclone

Years
I tried the game yesterday and Boy I was amazed to find the graphics so cool like LP. Later when I played the game at that event of Mikachu I thought I will get both Torchic as well as Mikachu but it was gone. Is that a Bug?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I tried the game yesterday and Boy I was amazed to find the graphics so cool like LP. Later when I played the game at that event of Mikachu I thought I will get both Torchic as well as Mikachu but it was gone. Is that a Bug?
Negative. If you pay attention to what the professor says, he eventually addresses this saying that Mikachu caused the two to switch places, and Torchic is safe and sound at the lab. I don't know whether Torchic (and indeed the other starters) all show up later for capture, but remember you didn't get to pick a starter; diego could throw that in, but then scripting changes would be needed to indicate the correct Pokémon and it would turn into "But I chose this one! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
What I wanted to post my question on the other thread. Silly me :P . So a new region is included in here. hmmmmmmm
Yeah, a custom region is included in Shining Opal. It's called Rinto and it's to the west of Johto.
ahh shucks i just tried to evolve my golbat today but got the "...?" message. i suppose i'll need the national pokedex for it to evolve 1st (along with my pineco) D: will go with the kanto pokemon 1st then haha
btw the game is great so far =D

You mean you can't evolve something not in the initial Pokédex?

I did propose due to wide availability of certain types to give out the National Pokédex right away, but I don't know whether diego is going to put that in. I mean, I had a dozen Pokémon and five entries...

Cyclone
That was a mistake I never fixed. I'm either going to remove the restriction itself or give the national Pokédex.
Your hacks are really awesome. Im waiting for more.
Thanks for the compliment!
I ended up trying the hack after seeing, in the thread of my own hack, CycloneGU's comment about how a certain mountain city is connected to an area leading to it.

But that's all there is about that...

I have no idea why I hadn't tried this hack out earlier but it's really something else. I was never a big fan of hearing you start out with this "Mikachu fakemon" and some other things prevented me from playing it too, I guess I wasn't fond of 3rd gen hacks at that time either (not like I would play most pokemon hacks now either).

But really, playing this was a refreshing experience! Although I prefer seeing something totally new and not playing "fight a trainer, fight another trainer, wander around in grass, ..., get to another town, fight more trainers, get another gym badge..." type of hacks, this was a lot better.
I like how you've put thought into the events; for example, I wasn't disappointed at all being forced to start out with Mikachu seeing how you were made to go on with it and the pokemon itself didn't "come out of nowhere" either (referring to how it was born here). And wouldn't consider it being a "fakemon" for this matter either.

Keep it up, this is one hack I'll continue checking updates for :)

Spoiler:
Thanks for taking a look at the game. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Just to let you know, in the next version the plot will be even more fleshed out. And the planned climax... Let's just say that I don't think anyone will see it coming. But that's for the far future.
I tried the game yesterday and Boy I was amazed to find the graphics so cool like LP.
Thanks for the compliment!
...Diego could throw that in, but then scripting changes would be needed to indicate the correct Pokémon and it would turn into "But I chose this one! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

Cyclone
Yeah, that's pretty much how it would go, plus I would need to change around more than a few plot points if Colby hadn't chosen his Pokémon when he did.

Years
When I talked with following guys inside the 1st Gym city's restaurant the game freezes
f0ceiq.png
302q72o.png

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
When I talked with following guys inside the 1st Gym city's restaurant the game freezes
f0ceiq.png
302q72o.png

He's already aware of that - I actually found my way in there when I tried the beta. He told me it might be buggy so I saved state before talking to any of the guys. After I got a freeze, I reloaded state and got the heck outta there. :D

Cyclone

Years
Hmmm Ok Cyclone.
I found another itchy thing:
2uomo2p.png

The gym leader is a female right??? So how come she has a male name.. Haa haa
Secondly can any one tell me where is HM Cut? I badly need it now to progress further in the game

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm.

Well, he looks cute, doesn't he?

Also, you may have reached the end of the beta. Route 5 isn't complete in this beta, so assuming you even get past the Cut trees and into the city, you can't do much else.

Cyclone

Years
Hmm.

Well, he looks cute, doesn't he?

Also, you may have reached the end of the beta. Route 5 isn't complete in this beta, so assuming you even get past the Cut trees and into the city, you can't do much else.

Cyclone
What already I thought it goes further than that. How disappointing :\

Hey I just found out that the beta does not ends there but it has Route 5 as well as Kindor city. You lied Cyclone

Years
Umm he will probably change the Gym Sprites for now he uses FR/LG sprites and i think the hack ends in the big city with the beach and hotels im not 100% sure though maybe i was stuck and there was other places available.. Also i found a npc who dsnt have any dialogue in this last city.

Years
Umm he will probably change the Gym Sprites for now he uses FR/LG sprites and i think the hack ends in the big city with the beach and hotels im not 100% sure though maybe i was stuck and there was other places available.. Also i found a npc who dsnt have any dialogue in this last city.
Do you know where can i find HM Cut? I Badly need it to progress further in the game

Back