• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 Slim V.2 - Slimmer Than Ever!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I like the overall design other than the ridges and the cheap-looking top loader disc tray. The size looks incredible though. Too bad they didn't drop the price - it's almost more of a price increase over the old model.

I'm actually thinking of upgrading. Gamestop is doing double trade-in value on consoles right now, so I could get like $180 for my fat PS3. Considering it seems like most fat PS3s run the risk of YLODing at any given moment, it might be worth the trade.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
If I didn't already have a slim, I might be interested in this. I do like that it's not a slot load disk drive. That's one mechanism I will forever dislike.

Years
I like the overall design other than the ridges and the cheap-looking top loader disc tray. The size looks incredible though. Too bad they didn't drop the price - it's almost more of a price increase over the old model.

I'm actually thinking of upgrading. Gamestop is doing double trade-in value on consoles right now, so I could get like $180 for my fat PS3. Considering it seems like most fat PS3s run the risk of YLODing at any given moment, it might be worth the trade.

I think it is a nice upgrade for people who are still running on the FAT system, as that has got to be starting to cough a little at this stage.
I think only big Sony fans will buy the slim V2 if they already have a slim; I won't be because I will just wait for the PS4... most likely.​

But how do you explain the 12GB console that is being released in Europe for two hundred and thirty freaking euros? Just €30-40 cheaper than a WiiU? With the added bonus that you need to add your own harddrive since the HDD is so small you can barely install more than four games there.

I'd have also offered a barebones-nothing-included PS3 for 150 and then let people use their own harddrives (I have a 1TB one that would have fit in there nicely). That way, you can make both the people who want a full entertainment system AND the people who just want a PS3 to play PS3 games happy.

Isn't it a 12GB SSD as a individual drive, with the standard HDD for normal space.
If that is the case, I can see it being used for a couple of random games for lightning speed, but 12GB really isn't big enough; struggle to get 2/3 at maximum on there.

However, it is an interesting thing they have done. Is this a little show into the future of how Sony handle their memory? SSDs are coming down in price bit by bit and who's to say the PS4 won't have full SSD memory?

That would be exciting, imo.​

If I didn't already have a slim, I might be interested in this. I do like that it's not a slot load disk drive. That's one mechanism I will forever dislike.

I really want to have a look at how the mechanism is made. That does sound weird, but I want to see how sturdy it is.
As I said above, I won't be getting one, but it would be interesting to see how it feels when using it.​

Back