• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Welcome Reddo!

Anyway, I thought I share this and see what others here thought of it. There's a video currently making it's rounds on the internet of a lesbian woman being beaten and arrested by a cop at the Pittsburgh PrideFest. Her being beaten and arrested happens around the 3 minute mark if you rather not watch the full 4 minutes.

More details.
Spoiler:

Any thoughts?

I feel really bad for the girl. I know that the cop was just doing his duty as an officer, but the amount of violence he put into arresting her was too much in my opinion. I know she resisted arrest, but all she was doing was having a simple debate with a clearly ignorant person and standing up for her rights to be a gay woman. She wasn't being physically violent at all. I think the amount of brutality the officer used was too much.

There is just no excuse for it in my opinion, but I thought I'd post this for discussion.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Let's do this, then, eh?

Some of you may know but for those of you who don't I'm an openly pansexual male who's madly in love with a cute little transgender girl who's also a pansexual. When I was coming to this I started thinking that it would be dissatisfactory only having one gender, and I will admit that at points I had fears of being confused and only really being either gay or straight because I'd shift rather polarically between genders. But yeah in all reason Khilia and I are quite the little LGBT treasure, aren't we? It's something I never would've expected :p

When I decided to open up about this to my mother a while ago, she's like "I had a feeling," and I laughed. It's cool that she's bisexual since now I have personal proof of it being genetic, and I have a hunch that the gay gene is carried through bisexuals and that's how they didn't breed themselves out which is really fun to think about. :3

Discrimination against LGBT people really confuses me tbh. I never really had a problem "coming out" at all ever, though I don't know if that's just me or something as I felt uncomfortable with myself being just homosexual at a point (as mentioned above). :/

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Good to hear things are good with you Alex. ^^

Also I don't care what anybody says, I don't believe that secuality is genetic even in the slightest. Its not a choice either though. The way I see it, its one of those things that can't and won't have any concrete cause or source, sorta like a person's personality I guess. I mean maybe sexuality could be influenced by something else(interactions, for example) but I'm not sure.
I'm not gonna say I'm right here but you can't really say outright that I'm wrong. lol All we can do is wait and see I guess.(that's just my thoughts--don't take them too seriously I guess? I don't always do well at putting things into words haha)

@QualavaKing: I completely agree. *sigh* Some people are just horrible like that.

----------------

In other news, apparently my parents figured out about my wanting to crossdress. I explained to my mom that I wasn't transsexual/transgendered or anything, but all I could really put into words was that it was a bit more than just curiosity. Apparently she's pretty much alright with it, but I haven't heard anything from my dad on the matter though. Chances are he doesn't care either since he's acting like he always has and hasn't really treated me any different.

So yep I might just get to crossdress. Eventually. Maybe. Depends on if my anxiety/shyness allows it and if I can work on my appearance. :P

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
I joined a few years back and kind of just... disappeared! But I have made a lot of progress the past few years! I came out to my dad as trans (particularly nonbinary gender but eh I feel kind of boysih) about a year ago and it went surprisingly well. Unfortunately my mom found out, which is a long story, but I guess it's been somewhat smooth sailing. My story isn't amazingly typical though since my father is actually bisexual himself so while I was anxious to talk to him about it, I knew he'd been involved in the LGBTQIAP community. So while obviously he can't understand my issues with gender in particular, I think he understands a little? And I'm definitely not straight and have known that for years and he's supported me with that for over 5 years.

And I hope everyone else is doing okay and is having a great day!

Treecko

Years
Let's do this, then, eh?

Some of you may know but for those of you who don't I'm an openly pansexual male who's madly in love with a cute little transgender girl who's also a pansexual. When I was coming to this I started thinking that it would be dissatisfactory only having one gender, and I will admit that at points I had fears of being confused and only really being either gay or straight because I'd shift rather polarically between genders. But yeah in all reason Khilia and I are quite the little LGBT treasure, aren't we? It's something I never would've expected :p

When I decided to open up about this to my mother a while ago, she's like "I had a feeling," and I laughed. It's cool that she's bisexual since now I have personal proof of it being genetic, and I have a hunch that the gay gene is carried through bisexuals and that's how they didn't breed themselves out which is really fun to think about. :3

Discrimination against LGBT people really confuses me tbh. I never really had a problem "coming out" at all ever, though I don't know if that's just me or something as I felt uncomfortable with myself being just homosexual at a point (as mentioned above). :/

Yay good for you Alex! Personally I still never really know what I'm attracted to. I've found attractions to both sexes , but usually find males more attractive and kind of like to think I'm just sexually flexible. Personally though, I just want friendships at this point instead of a relationship.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Yay good for you Alex! Personally I still never really know what I'm attracted to. I've found attractions to both sexes , but usually find males more attractive and kind of like to think I'm just sexually flexible. Personally though, I just want friendships at this point instead of a relationship.
With relationships I've been a lot more comfortable in interacting with women romantically, however I still like all genders and assignments and such on a base level. I guess a gay relationship is just a big array of unknowns for me, and I know a bit more about women as a man than the contrary. I will also say that I have an attraction to Khilia as both genders (male and female), which I imagine is mildly frustrating for her being she wants to be a woman and a woman only. :P

Treecko

Years
With relationships I've been a lot more comfortable in interacting with women romantically, however I still like all genders and assignments and such on a base level. I guess a gay relationship is just a big array of unknowns for me, and I know a bit more about women as a man than the contrary. I will also say that I have an attraction to Khilia as both genders (male and female), which I imagine is mildly frustrating for her being she wants to be a woman and a woman only. :P

Honestly I've never had any desire to date anyone, just lustful feeling. So I really don't want to say "I'm gay" or "I'm straight." I'm just me I guess and I just want friends and I'm fine with that. I've had attractions to female friends and male friends in the past , though.

Years
Honestly I've never had any desire to date anyone, just lustful feeling. So I really don't want to say "I'm gay" or "I'm straight." I'm just me I guess and I just want friends and I'm fine with that. I've had attractions to female friends and male friends in the past , though.

That sounds a little bit like aromanticism.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
It may be that exactly. There's a lot about sexuality that I don't quite get personally. Joining this club probably helped. :3
Honestly, don't worry about it. I think it's almost better to just take things as they come instead of trying to rationalize them.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
GUYS

My parents went to Pride. My parents WENT TO PRIDE.

I was there already, and had just gotten home and my mom called me and asked if I was going, because she was. My parents went with me to Pride.

They are still pretty not-liking of it. My mom actually asked me what she could get me to make me stop being gay. New car? Cat?

But they were there, got freaked out by a guy in a gimp suit and they witnessed me hug a furry who had a 'free hugs' shirt on. My mom said she's never seen this side of me that's so outgoing. After I hugged the furry (Twas a fox) she just said that she couldn't believe that I went out of my way to do it. I joked and told her outright, that I was comfortable here. That this place was a judge-free zone.

And the furry looked very fluffy. I had to give the guy a hug.

Treecko

Years
Honestly, don't worry about it. I think it's almost better to just take things as they come instead of trying to rationalize them.
I guess you're right. I'll see what happens from here and take things as they go.

GUYS

My parents went to Pride. My parents WENT TO PRIDE.

I was there already, and had just gotten home and my mom called me and asked if I was going, because she was. My parents went with me to Pride.

They are still pretty not-liking of it. My mom actually asked me what she could get me to make me stop being gay. New car? Cat?

But they were there, got freaked out by a guy in a gimp suit and they witnessed me hug a furry who had a 'free hugs' shirt on. My mom said she's never seen this side of me that's so outgoing. After I hugged the furry (Twas a fox) she just said that she couldn't believe that I went out of my way to do it. I joked and told her outright, that I was comfortable here. That this place was a judge-free zone.

And the furry looked very fluffy. I had to give the guy a hug.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to hug a furry to be honest, their suits look so comfy. I don't know if I ever go to a pride fest myself, but maybe at least as an ally.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Phantom, sounds like an interesting development XD my parents almost stumbled into town on a pride day too (I wasn't going, but would have been interesting hearing their thoughts).

Maybe it gave them a bit of a reality check :) or your Mom now knows to bribe you with soft, fluffy things.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Please count me in too - if you'll have meh. ^^ I'd just call myself amorous as far as orientation goes. I don't particularly subscribe to any labels, and don't want to bother myself to decisively pick one that fits me best. I know how I rollll - and people I get close to usually understand too.

Also - Chicago's LGBT populace just had their pride parade last weekend or so :D I watched from the streetside ~ twas quite impressive.

And one last thing, even if I weren't in support of this group I'd love it, just because Rainbows are like, my s***. I love the full spectrum of colors in just about every aspect. It's just bonus points in my eyes such an awesome cause identifies with it.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Welcome dragonnite!!! It's awesome hearing about your journey on becoming trans. We're all supportive of you. :)
Thanks ill tell you lot about it bit more
when i was 14 wanted to be girl but i know what my parent would react like and so told only my best friend and sister i told my sister because she would be understanding because she was lesbien. i waited till i was 17.
in my country that when you can make your own medical decisions.
then i told my parents.
And dad didnt actaly react as badly i thought he would.
He did go on holday for 2 weeks tho. after i told him. he came back after a said he was upset cause i was the only male offspring in the family. but if it makes me happy go ahead. i see my GP in 4 weeks time to get this ball rolling! my mom didnt react much at all because she know of my crossdressing habits. finding heels,tights all sorts hidden in all sort of wired and wonderful places. EG Dvd cases to name one XD.
and thats the story of my transition so far

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
That's awesome to hear! Make sure to keep us informed throughout the transition! :D

What do ya'll think of Burger King's new exclusive "Proud Whopper Sandwich", created to celebrate LGBT pride month?! (It's just your typical Whopper sandwich with super cool rainbow wrapping!)

Proud%20Whopper.jpg

Great marketing strategy? ;)

Back