• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Now, now kids let's not go grabbing at one another's throats if we don't understand each other's opinions. There's no need to get rowdy or be rude to one another if we don't see the point other's are trying to make. Let's keep it lax, cool? This is just a friendly warning so it doesn't happen in the future.

PS. Dual-type moves are a terrible idea. Let's not ever go there, GameFreak.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Instead of discussing, we started debating.. Sry fr dat..! Dual types are rly a bad idea..!

Anyways, back to topic. About fletchling, it can learn flame charge. So, can we xpect a fire version of sky attack?

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
About fletchling, it can learn flame charge. So, can we xpect a fire version of sky attack?

Would be pretty nice, although i hope for Fletchling to turn into a Fire/Flying Pokemon when he evolves :D
I know the early bird Pokemon of every Gen always keeps his Normal/Flying typing, a change would be pretty neat

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Indeed. I'd say at this point that the more twists to the usual formula, the better.
And looking at the Pokédex image, Zigzagoon (and possible Pidgey?) seem to be available early on in these games. So if they can bring in early normal types from previous gens, making a bird fire type can't be a big stretch!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Flying / Fire for an early bird would be neat. There have always been a lack of fire pokemon within each game except in Hoenn (there were quite a few thanks to the volcano landscape). However I wouldn't go and say Fletchling's evolutions are going to Flying- / Fire-type just based on the fact that it can learn Flame Charge. After all, Blitzle and Zebstrika both learn it. It's color scheme certainly lends it to becoming that type though, which I look forward to. :]

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
If Sound and Light are the new types I can thing of two perfect version exclusives...

With Xerneas being part Light and Yveltal being part Sound, Volbeat could be a X exclusive as a Bug/Sound type and Illumise could be a Y exclusive as a Bug/Light type.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
If Sound and Light are the new types I can thing of two perfect version exclusives...

With Xerneas being part Light and Yveltal being part Sound, Volbeat could be a X exclusive as a Bug/Sound type and Illumise could be a Y exclusive as a Bug/Light type.

Good Spotting! If Sound and Light are introduced and Volbeat and Illumise get retyped I can totally see that happening.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Good Spotting! If Sound and Light are introduced and Volbeat and Illumise get retyped I can totally see that happening.
...thing is, since Volbeat can breed to get Illumise and Illumise can breed to get Volbeat, they will have to be the same general type. I can't see them getting two different typings.

Cyclone

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I really can't believe that people think that there will be a sound type, haha. That's one of the more ridiculous things I've heard about this new generation.

blue

gucci
Years
I really don't see how a sound type would fit in, I can understand why Light would be suitable but I just don't see Sound being a likely type, especially if we're already getting this alleged Fairy/Light type.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
...thing is, since Volbeat can breed to get Illumise and Illumise can breed to get Volbeat, they will have to be the same general type. I can't see them getting two different typings.

Cyclone

That makes it better... If it was just a gender different between them they could have just made it Volmise Male and Volmise Female... Then the version exclusive isn't too bad as you can breed with a ditto to get the other game's exclusive...

The credibility for Sound and Light type makes sense... We will have to wait and see... That's why we are in a speculation thread...

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

Visiting Unova, again? No thanks.

I'd definitely say that's just a coincidence, this is a new Generation and I doubt we will be visiting Unova any time soon. Besides Kalos is based upon France whereas Unova is based on Manhattan, two regions on completely different continents...

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Visiting Unova, again? No thanks.

I'd definitely say that's just a coincidence, this is a new Generation and I doubt we will be visiting Unova any time soon. Besides Kalos is based upon France whereas Unova is based on Manhattan, two regions on completely different continents...

Umm... This is Pokemon... Not the real world... You revisit Kanto in Gold/Silver... Maybe with this generation they are going by their G/S/C changes, which would give more credit to the possible new type(s).

Years
I don't think that we'll be visiting other regions in X and Y and quite frankly if we were I doubt they'd use Unova which we already have just had four games for. On that not though if this did happen it could also be to the west (Anvil town in the west of Unova and railway in the East of Kalos). I still think it is just a coincidence though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Umm... This is Pokemon... Not the real world... You revisit Kanto in Gold/Silver... Maybe with this generation they are going by their G/S/C changes, which would give more credit to the possible new type(s).

But the regions Kanto and Johto were also connected irl, and both were from Japane, so connecting Unova and Kalos would make little sense since they're based on two different continents.

blue

gucci
Years
They would have to re-develop the Unova Region again but in 3D, Kanto and Johto are borderline to each other as stated above and I think there's just so many reasons against it being a possibility. Not to mention that the Routes have been reset starting at Route 1 again, so that wouldn't fit either.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I still don't get why they start over the Route numbers again. (No really, tell me). Just continue from Unova's last route number (so Route 24-....) or just begin with 301-....

OOh, and Unova is adjacent to Kalos is unlikely, it would be a cool thing to see, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back