• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yes, it's fun to know things!

Crux

Evermore
Years
How keen are you to learn new things?
Do you prefer to learn by book, or experience?
How good are you at retaining what you have learned?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Depends on what it is. I:

My memory is terrible and I'll forget anything I learn, anyway.

Years
Books, the internet, experiences, word-of-mouth and documentaries I love them all and I love learning new and interesting things! NERDINESS FTW

I do prefer to learn by book though, I actually tend to retain information better if I read or hear about than if I go out there and do it myself.

I actually retain things really well (usually). I have a pretty good memory although sometimes I inexplicably forget things I learned just that day... perhaps only my long term is good? xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We learn every day whether we like it, acknowledge it or not. It's always great to learn something new, wether it's a new skill or just some random cool fact that you stumbled across on the internet.

For me personally, I quite like learning. Of course, that depends on the subject etc, and I'd like ot say I can retain and apply the knowledge and information I learn quite well.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I like to learn new things, but only if it's something that I want to learn. Preferably I like to read about it first and then give it a shot, but I don't mind just doing it right off the bat. So long as I tell myself that it's worth remembering, I'll remember it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I enjoy learning new things that are really practical and useful, or just interesting.

Personally I don't retain much information from school because of lack of interest but if I am interested in something, I'll actively learn as much as I can about something.

Years
Learning stuff is fun! I like finding out new things by reading, either in books or the Internet -- these days the Internet is more likely simply because I don't read much anymore. :(

I wish I could say I was constantly learning new and interesting things but I'm not. Mostly small and useless facts from the Internet. The more simple/useless the fact, the higher chance I have of remembering it down the road, it seems. :p

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
I love to learn. Especially things regarding science and history. I'll learn anyway that's possible. It's usually by researching something on the internet, or stumbling across something that catches my attention. I'm pretty good at retaining what I learn, but If I stop using it for awhile I usually forget a lot about it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I'm better at learning through experience than I am by book, because by experience, if I need to draw back on information about something, I can recall the experience and remember what happened during that. With books, I have a hard time recollecting things I learned unless I study it. I have a terrible memory, I think. Because of that, I'd rather learn from experience.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I am better at learning from experience that from a book. My memory is ok, but I just can not remember anything from reading it in a book. As for learning new things maybe if I feel if it will improve my life.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I love learning. I find it fun and fulfilling. I love reading about things I am interested in and I love taking classes. I am probably going to be in college forever because I never want to stop learning.

I learn by reading and writing things down. That is the best way I remember things.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I like learning through either book or experience. I'm great at learning through repetition, but I'm happy to learn any way somebody is willing to teach me. I have an awesome memory so it all sticks like **** to a blanket :)

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
My memory is pretty screwy, at times I can pick up something that I learned pretty well on the first try and it stays there....sometimes it takes me weeks to remember it.

I'm more of a hands on learner than a by the books learner.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Learning new things is interesting. I learn best by doing stuff rather than just following directions, especially if someone tells them to me vocally. I have a problem where my brain does not porcess what I hear correctly, so I need things written down. I am a good hands on learner though, it sticks with you more.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I like to learn new things, but do find it hard to retain what I've learned. I like to learn quite a large array of things: You never know how helpful small knowledge can be at times.

Years
I like to learn things that are best learned from books, like learning new words and experiencing really good writing so I can glean good writing techniques. I'm better at learning skills and activities by actually doing them though.

I'm piss-poor at retention for so many things though. My mind is like a sponge - it can absorb a lot, but it's full of holes.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If it's something I feel I could use or I like the themes.

I don't have preferred "output" of data to my brain.
My brain can process everything be it by book or by experience.

Pretty good, I guess :D My memory is one of my uber skills.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
How keen are you to learn new things?
I enjoy keeping my brain sharp, and learning is one of the many ways that I can do that :)
Do you prefer to learn by book, or experience?

I prefer to learn by experience. I'd much rather try something and fail, then learn from that.
How good are you at retaining what you have learned?
Hehe, I'm a bit forgetful, so people often mistake for being an airhead ¬_¬

Back