• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys , im just new here , im also playing pkmn dr and ill share to you this really good glitch (one of the best for me) in this game.
This happens on the cemetery (the part where you will fight Light), after beating him there should still be two kids left, then move away, Light(the trainer) should appear again next move atleast five tiles away from him, then save(save it where you can still see him). Now if you move toward him he will fight you again!
The good thing is, you can do this endlessly!(unless he doesnt reappear), you can do this if you are having problem grinding, he has around lvl 60 pokemons. I lvled up my poke's to near 90's just by fighting him.

btw, im using vbag to play this on my phone.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
why is that deoxys and mew not listening ?, and there is no jirachi.
is it because im using vbag ?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi guys , im just new here , im also playing pkmn dr and ill share to you this really good glitch (one of the best for me) in this game.
This happens on the cemetery (the part where you will fight Light), after beating him there should still be two kids left, then move away, Light(the trainer) should appear again next move atleast five tiles away from him, then save(save it where you can still see him). Now if you move toward him he will fight you again!
The good thing is, you can do this endlessly!(unless he doesnt reappear), you can do this if you are having problem grinding, he has around lvl 60 pokemons. I lvled up my poke's to near 90's just by fighting him.

btw, im using vbag to play this on my phone.

Hope it helps.
One of... many repeatable battles... but yea, it helps training a bit.

why is that deoxys and mew not listening ?, and there is no jirachi.
is it because im using vbag ?
Mew and Deoxys are not listening because they have it coded in their routines. It requires ASM to rewrite their obedience routines.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Um... few levels does not cut it... you need to be overleveled for each and every battle otherwise you won't be able to defeat 100 level OP BST monsters in the E4.
Why would you need to be overleveld like that? I was underleveld for almost every fight and for the most part it was ok. The only really annoying part for me was fighting Kalden? and his Sister the first time, when they have the lvl 70 Kyurem Mutations and my whole Team was lvl 50.. Still got my team to lvl 100 at the End, but you can lvlup pretty fast in the Training Ground/Victory Road, so it didn't bother me too much.

Overall the Hack was pretty fun to play, I liked that you can get so many different Pokemons from the beginning and could build a cool team that way, also the total lack of HMs was awesome. I especially liked the sudden jumps in trainer lvls, which made sure the Game never got boring.

Only thing I disliked apart from some Bugs here and there, was the over usage of legendary Pokemon throughout the Story, but sadly almost every Hack has this Problem because People for them reason seem to like it that way..? For me it just makes the Story feel silly and childish in some way, but thats just personal Preference I guess.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
Hi. First of all thanks for the rom. It's great.
I've been playing with a download I found somewhere else. I passed island City without getting the badge and now I can't fly make so I will start again.
I wanted to download it from here with the fear that the other one is not a final version. But I can't play with the download here. It's an ips file. Not a gba rom. Is the download wrong or there is another way I should be emulating this

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
Hi. First of all thanks for the rom. It's great.
I've been playing with a download I found somewhere else. I passed island City without getting the badge and now I can't fly make so I will start again.
I wanted to download it from here with the fear that the other one is not a final version. But I can't play with the download here. It's an ips file. Not a gba rom. Is the download wrong or there is another way I should be emulating this

You need Lunar IPS to patched Pokemon Fire Red GBA version 1
It's illegal to post ROM here
You can download the rom here

BigFourHead

I actually suck at these games
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
I love how you incorporated the egg moves into the learn set, this is definitely one of my favorite hacks I've played so far (and I'm not even finished yet.) I can't wait until DR2!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone know how to move the boulder on dragon valley? I got the last badge but then when I use strength on the boulder, it says unable to use boulder until you recieve a new badge. Please help! >. <

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
LOL, Apir. I started Grade 5 then go back playin' from 1st year until 3rd year, now. PROUD !

*uses My Boy Emulator for Android, Fav past time on school breaks*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
i am having trouble with what i think is a bug.
i defeated the gym leader ATEM (yughioh) and it happens to me the same that happens to him at this video youtube.com/watch?v=3ja4FDznmFw at 19:29
and now i am stuck, how can i go back ?

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
haayz.. i re-DL this game after finishing it last year(coz i want to play it again) but there this problem makes my eye a lil'bit blurry. the dialouge box, bag, map, start menu is glithcy (black screen).. hahaha anyways ill try to patch it on a clean rom and hope it works.. btw does anyone can give me a link for a free "3ds emulator?" w/ bios and has no activation SURVEY haha

-this hack is great thats why i want to play and start over again
waiting for DR 2

haayz.. i re-DL this game after finishing it last year(coz i want to play it again) but there this problem makes my eye a lil'bit blurry. the dialouge box, bag, map, start menu is glithcy (black screen).. hahaha anyways ill try to patch it on a clean rom and hope it works.. btw does anyone can give me a link for a free "3ds emulator?" w/ bios and has no activation SURVEY haha

-this hack is great thats why i want to play and start over again
waiting for DR 2

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
i am having trouble with what i think is a bug.
i defeated the gym leader ATEM (yughioh) and it happens to me the same that happens to him at this video youtube.com/watch?v=3ja4FDznmFw at 19:29
and now i am stuck, how can i go back ?

plz help, i cant post the link cause i am noob at the forum.

i want to finish the game :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
I was not following that walktrhough, it Just happened that he had the same bug But he does not say how he fixed it, it is easier to show it in a video than weiting it.

Last edited:
Back