• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Way Regained

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Yay, no comments yet again! ;_;
G&P has been dead. Seriously.

More updates:
Spoiler:

Speed

Skyward
Years
I know how you feel. ;-;

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Ninjaaaaaa~
Like your other shot at making the ninja tag, I don't think this one works too well either. All the elements are there, and it looks awesome, if they were seperate, but I don't tink your mixing and matching worked for this. I feel as if you've kind of forgotten about depth for this, as some of the areas of the tag kind of look a little flat. I don't think the colours were such a good choice with the focal either, as those blues seem a little overkill. Maybe you could try something like using it's natural setup, like from a stock with it? I dunno. :\

Kyoya Hibari

This is one of those pieces which really work for a user like you. They're just amazing, with awesome depth, flow, colouring and just everything else with it. I like how you use those lighting effects and stuff really well. I also like the semi-grunge feel I get when looking at your graphics, especially this one. :) If there's one thing I could point out which I don't like, it's nothing. I'm looking at it, and I can't find anything wrong with it. It's just awesome.

Also, one thing I'd like to point out with your theme, is that I'm not a huge fan of the colour composition between the yellows and the black. Maybe if you made the black a little more lighter? So instead of using #000000, you could use #141414?

derozio

Years
Thanks for the crits, guys! I'll be sure to keep those points in mind. And I know I messed up in the Deidara tag. Its like that guy hates me or something I kid, I kid!

Glad you liked Hibari tag, Speed and Alternative. I must say, I think it is one of my best works so far. <3;

derozio

Years
Update time, I guess:

Idk1TEXT.png

Not too happy with this but eh.

DanteTagFinal1.png

^ me likey. One of my better tags, I guess. Dante ftw. <3;

As for icons..two 150x150 this time:
DanteAvatar.png
DanteAvatar1.png

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
About this one, the flow, depth, and the efffects of this tag was very nice, but I don't like the place of render and the light source, because the light source kind in a odd place, you might fix that later on.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Dante the sexy 1
I'm guessing you went with a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 render for this one? It looks very comic-like if you ask me. It looks great as well! I like how you've dulled the colours a little bit, but not too much so it looks oversaturated. There's something about this tag though, which annoys me a little bit, and I can't really point it out. Maybe it's because of the comic-like render you've used, and the city background you've used also don't really mix too well. You've gone with a render which doesn't really fit the scene, if you ask me. Maybe I would choose a background more like a comic book feel, instead of reality-animation. Overall, It's a really nice tag, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's on par with your Hibari tag, which imo is your best work as of yet. :)

Dante the sexy 2
There's something about this one as well which really irks me. Looking at it more and more it looks a little flat. What I think is that you've gone with a dark grey for the background, which strongly blends with the greys that are on Dante's coat. Another thing is that the reds come across a little stronger than I would have imagined, but there isn't a lot of red happening in the icon, so I guess it works well. :) Overall I think it's nice, but try not to go over the top with colours and it would be perfect.

Generic rose-in-mouth guy

This one I really do like a lot, so don't expect me to say a lot about this one. I'm really digging the positioning you've used for this icon, and it really works. Only thing that really gets on my nerves is that it looks like it's on a completely blank canvas. Unless that's meant to be intentional, I don't think I like it, just for that reason. Maybe it's just me and using a white forum style as to why it looks like that, but it looks like the background is transparent.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
I really like everything you've done here. A lot of cool designs. i especially like the large peices.

derozio

Years
Thanks for all that crit, Alternative! I swear, after Gav and Massimo, you're the only one I can count on to provide some good crit! I'll definitely keep those points in mind. And yeah, the 'generic' guy is actually Dante. XD;

Joenn said:
You should not place your focal/render into center.

What? Is there, like, a new rule against positioning the stock in the center or something? That certainly isn't something I'm aware of. Or was aware of up until now. I'm curious. Is there any graphic rulebook which contains that rule? Care to share something about it? [/was totally not being sarcastic]

(Sprite!) said:
I really like everything you've done here. A lot of cool designs. i especially like the large peices.
I'm glad you liked my works, Sprite. Thank you!

And no updates this time around. I haven't touched PS in ages. Dunno if I'll actually even do it. So yeah, I guess it'll be a while before I post anything worthwhile here. Do check to see if there are any updates, though! Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Ha ha, thanks a lot, assault. And as for the tutorials..umm, not really. I plan on doing one or two soon, though. Just coz some people asked, you know. ;]
Ha ha, yeah, that I did. I guess it took a lot of time to make this stupid gallery, eh?

Thanks a lot, charizard. Your comment was appreciated. <3

You've seen almost all of my works already so I don't think you'd need to visit this thing. :P

Naah, but seriously, thanks. I'll be sure to try and keep improving. ;]

And yush, update timez:
Tags:
ASHSOTW213.png

NewRed.png

This tag above ^ has three versions, actually. Check the first post to see 'em. ;]

Icon:
Iconforiotw.png

Well, those are my entries for SoTW and IoTW respectively. :3

Sorry for irrelevance, but L is awesome!

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2011
Wow; I really like a lot of these and can tell you like to use anime for your banners ^.^
I am not into anime besides pokemon but i really love your style
The only critique I can give is to try and size some of them down, The first ones posted are pretty big, but if you like them as is just keep em they look good.

Please make a tut! My style is complete opposite of yours and id really like to learn yours :)

++Good use of C4d and different colors, No banner looks the same yet you stick with your style. Good job! :P

derozio

Years
Thanks, Poke Mitchell! I'm glad you liked my works. And as for a tut..I guess I'll make one once I'm back from my absence from PC (which may last a week or two from now). :)

And I guess I'll just throw some of the tags/avatars I made recently and used in my themes. They aren't really all that good (maybe not good at all. Not even worthy of being called gfx. Or whatever), but I guess that's to be expected from rushed works. :P; Please don't puke by looking at the first two. They are really bad, I know. >_<'

DanteNewSucks.png

Gaaraofthesands.png

XanXus.png

ACE.png

Icons:
LDesu-1.png
LightAvatar.png

LAvatarb.png

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I thought I would comment on this old one but this is the one that caught my attention the most.
SasukeUchiha.png
I absolutely love it. It looks amazing. I like the words and I like the way Itachi is... Blending into the background. Could you link me to some of your tuts, if you have made any.

/is fail for commenting on an old work

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Portgas D. Ace
This is probably my favourite of the set of graphics you've made, but it does seem a little empty to me. The focal point itself and the fire are executed really well, but I feel the focal could be more standing out a little bit, but that's just personal preference. It does seem really empty to me though, and lacking something. I would suggest using a cloud stock somewhere and doing some effects magic to get something good to try and fill that left area of the tag. Clouds work really well with fire, especially that dank, and darkish clouds.

Gaara of the Sand
There's something about this which bothers me. Some of the effects, especially those lighting effects on the top-right corner are very well done, but might be overpowering the focal a bit. The focal does seem to blend in quite a bit, which is good I guess. I'm assuming you were really trying to focus on his face, instead of his body? It looks really good, and probably one of your better tags. Text ts really bothering me though. It looks like you've chosen a really bad font to use, or it's spacing is way too much. I'd try and fix that somehow. Maybe make "sand" and "power" stand out more with a different sand-like colour, or a different font. :)

Dante
This is probably my least favourite of the bunch you presented this update. You did say that these were rushed, and your Dante tag really shows it. The reds seem like they stand out way too much, and I'm really not liking the focal>small>big thing you've done, if you know what I mean. I'd place more orange tinges there to try and soften that c4d a bit, so that Dante stands out more. The left side of the focal, including the text is really good, but again, use more orange on the red, and it should be good.

XanXus
I really do like the style you've gone with for making this tag. I love the limited colours effect you've gone with, but the only drawback I can think of is that the focal looks a little flat against the background. I'd add maybe a streak or two of the lighter cream colour leading from the back of his neck/head and blur that to get the feel of not looking so flat. I like the emphasis you've put on the gun as well, but again, it does look a little flat. I think the gun needs a little more vibrance, so it will stand out some more. :)

derozio

Years
Thanks for the comments, guys! Especially you, Alternative. You're always so helpful. <3;

And as for you, Xyrin, I've never made any tuts. I've been planning to make some for a long time but...I don't have time, sadly. I'm sorry. I'll notify you once I get to making one, though. :)

I've been in the biggest gfx block yet for quite a while. The only thing that I made recently was this.

LelouchGFXBLOCK.png

Yeah, fail. :(

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Lelouch
This is nice and all, but I feel you're going backwards in terms of your graphics style. Ever since you made the tag of Kyoya, which is probably your best work so far, it seems like you've been losing your edge. This tag does seem a lot like your older works, like this, in particular, and also this one. I know you're on a graphics block, which is normal in every gfxer's time, but that's just how I feel. Your sharpening is always as good as usual, and the filler text style is different, but I like it. Your focal's positioning is something I don't really like all that much. I would've shifted it a bit to the left, so it's more in line with that "rule-of-thirds" thing which is ever so important. I also feel like the focal doesn't stand out as much as you usually would make it to be, which disappoints me. I wouldn't say it's your best work.

If you're on a graphics block, why not stop making graphics based on anime, and go for fanart, real-life render, or even go as far as using stocks as the focal point of your graphics. Also try out some more Large Pieces. Breaking away from the norm is something which can always get someone out of a graphics slump. Try some new techniques, like using a sprite as a focal, or something else.

derozio

Years
I agree with everything you've said there, Alternative. I'll probably just start from square one. Look up tutorials and experiment new styles. I hope I'd come up with decent tags. :<

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Dero, I would seriously recommend branching away from anime styled tags for a while. If you do so, you'll learn a bit more about depth and such, because you're trying to make really busy tags which work much better with IRL stocks. Siggy does the busyness in anime tags quite well, but you need to explore other styles to learn more. Would you do that bro?

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012

What? Is there, like, a new rule against positioning the stock in the center or something? That certainly isn't something I'm aware of. Or was aware of up until now. I'm curious. Is there any graphic rulebook which contains that rule? Care to share something about it? [/was totally not being sarcastic]

New? No, not at all.
This is what you're looking for, and trust me, once you apply it, you'll see that it really does work out to your advantage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

The way you handle the depth of your tags though is somewhat admirable. Though it's not consistent.
Just try not to cluster things into the focal, the depth is sometimes enough to give it the attention it needs, detail on top of detail adds complexity you don't need.

Back