• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team LegendaryTrio (recruiting)

What should the region name be?

• Trident

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Trinity

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Zephry (z-ef-ree)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Xinny (zin-ee)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fariy (fa-rye-ee)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sarinee (sar-in-ee)

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Niven

• Fanto

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Legend Islands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
Can anyone on the team edit textboxes (or the boxes that deal with the menu and stuff like that)? I tried to edit the menu boxes, but it turned out terrible. The custom boxes I made didn't look the way they should have. If anyone can get edit them please say so. I know you use NSE 2.0 to do it (That's what I used, even do they turned out bad). I'll attach the custom menu box that I made, just in case.

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
A bird died today.____________
| |
| RIP |
| Willy |
| |
|___________|

niven

Years
@PokemonyellowX Ok. good to know. Also, while you have the rom, can you go to offset 0xbd494(in a hex editor)? It should have the value of 08, change that to 00. That'll allow the player to use the running shoes anywhere.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I apologise for my absence but i went on holiday with no PC and my phones bat died lol so im back to help :P

niven

Years
@everyone We should start transferring the .ips by PM, so the public doesn't see everystep of our work.

@M.L glad to have you back. We've mapped route 1, and the first three towns :). We've also scripted the first town (it still has some bugs. I'll fix those later). I'm gonna give the .ips to Eden to make the titlescreen after I make one small change.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
ohk i have made some small graphical discoveries well i just learnt how to do them lol :l

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
just can edit the intro's colour like the background where oak is speaking to you uhm learnt some nifty space tricks with tiles and well thats all i can remember :P

dude2207

pokemon master man
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
@niven
both of my plans have FAILED to upload the sprites the starter i had was called "electar" it was similar to a cat in its body shape,but no tail and slightly shorter legs with a yellow body with a mixture of stripes/spots(idk what the color of them was)

niven

Years
@dude that's ok

@everyone I came up with an idea. We could make a new type for the main fakemon. I made one, and put it in a game as an example:
Spoiler:

The thing is that the method I used isn't perfect:
1.) you have to replace a type to make a new one (I replaced the ??? type for that).
2.) It only replaces the image so the game still recognizes it as the original type
3.) If you replace the ??? type then you can't change what's super effective, not very effective, etc. You can with any other type (I was thinking of replacing the bug type and making bug pokemon grass types)

On the other hand, it would make the game more original and professional. I was thinking of using a space themed type(like space,alien,solar,etc.) for the main fakemon and other pokemon from outer space (deoxys,jirachi,lunatone,solrock,starmie,staryu,cleffa and it's evolutions). Any thoughts?

Last edited:

niven

Years
@pokemonyellowx thanks. I was also thinking of replacing flash with a new move (same move animation though). It would be the main fakemon's signature move. I was thinking:
named supernova
200 power
80% accuracy
rest the turn after it's used
space(or whatever type we make) type
5 pp
hit both opponent pokemon in double battles

Any ideas how I can keep it powerful, but not too powerful (even out power with drawbacks), or is it good the way it is?

Last edited:

niven

Years
I'm thinking about releasing more of the story than what I have released (which is just the beggining). Most of what I have thought of is tentative but there are some things that I know I want in for sure. Do you think that I should go ahead and release more of it, or just keep what I have released?

We could also use some more writers (since Ominous is M.I.A(missing in action)and I don't think Mikey just applied as a joke, mostly (I'm gonna remove his name from the list)

UPDATE: Whoevers really good at inserting Pokemon sprites and their other stats speak up. I'll try to get you the .ips ASAP so you can insert some Sinnoh and Unova pokemon*. Use bulbapedia to make them as close to the original as possible (stat wise), and try to replace some of the worse Hoenn Pokemon for them (zigzagoon, lotad, seedot, castform, all those pokemons evos, or just any pokemon you think just suck (weedle)). If you replace one of the blank spots for the Pokemon then don't delete any moves from other Pokemon. I REPEAT DON'T DELETE MOVES FROM OTHER POKEMON. Just use Wesley FG's tutorial on adding new moves to pokemon's movesets.
* Some Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon that I would like to have are:
  • the starters and their evos
  • gible and it's evos
  • Deino and it's evos
  • blitzle and its evo
  • shinx and it's evos
  • axew and it's evos
  • starly and it's evos
  • pidove and it's evos
  • Electrivire
  • Magmotar
  • Most/All of their Legendaries (If not all their legendaries then these ->Dialga. Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekram, Gegigigas, Darkrai)
  • Any suggestions?

UPDATE 2:I got good news :) and bad news:(:

Good: I found a way to replace the ??? type with a new type and pick which types are good/bad/normal against it (we could make curse a ghost type move)

Bad: To do it I have to replace other moves super/bad efectivitey. (like to make it good against grass, then fire would have to be normal against bug, or dragon normal against dragon, or whatever). We maybe could make all moves normal against themselves instead of weak (or stong in ghost and dragon case), or at least make normal and fighting type moves normally effect ghost pokemon and vice versa.

Last edited:

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
I can niven i just did it yesterday for my own hack

OK i can`t my pokepic isn`t working

Last edited:

niven

Years
@pokemonyellowX you could download the advance series (here) to insert sprites

Update: I need to know ASAP hoe close each spriter is to spriting the beginning form of each starter(front and back sprites).
The fakemon types are as follows:
Spoiler:

I need to know because it effects a major script. Without them you'll be forced to start out with a specific pokemon (or chose from kanto starters. not decided yet) in the alpha. We have an unofficial sprite for what could be one of the electric starters evolutions (if you want to base the first forms off of it):
attachment.php

So come on pokemonyellowx, dude2207, and ominousmix! Sprite those fakemon!

But seriously, you guys should really get some sprites made and uploaded.

@Dude try to find another way to upload your sprites

@everyone If anyone can get permission (from the owner) to use sprites from pokemon battle fire then that would be great. If that happens and some of them are used for starters then we'll need a spriter to make the third evolutions for them.

Last edited:

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
Pokemon!!!!

I have pokemon Mix

i have the 100th post!!!!

Pokemon Rocks

Last edited:
Status