• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] [→ x x k a y l a b b y gallery ★ ]

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
added a new tag to the banners section;;
skullkid_zpseec600e7.png

update;;
added two icons:
2moqvy8.jpg

24dofgg.jpg

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Some nifty CSS work here. ;D

Anyway, I'll start with the icons. A major problem, according to me, that has been much more prevalent in your works as of late is the over-sharpening of stock. It doesn't look good because your stuff tends to appear pixelated. Take this, for instance. I like the placement to a degree and I think you could've done a better job with the colors - fiddling around with a few selective color layers would've done it good, yes. But what kills the icon for me is the oversharpened girl. Parts around her head and her legs look really pixelated - when sharpening, take care not to go overboard. Too much of anything is disadvantageous. On another note, this looks good but I wish you had gone for different placement. I'd have preferred the espeon to a little right of its current position. But yeah, as much as I like the greens and blues, I wish you had lit up the icon a bit. The contrast between the dark blue and florescent green is a little too much, imo. The dark blues could've been changed a bit is what I'm sayin'. 'Curves' would've helped you here, imo.

Your new banners are a victim of your over-sharpening habit as well. ;; I'm liking the effects that you use but the text and the over-sharpening of your stock/render really takes away a lot of yummy goodness from your works. :c Take this, for instance - The stock has been sharpened a lot. Now, it would've been fine to a degree if you had sharpened only parts of it and not the whole thing. But you went ahead with sharpening everything and the result is a little messy. The part near her breasts is just..chaotic, to say it in simple terms. I don't think it would look as chaotic if it weren't sharpened as much as it has been done right now. But yeah, talking about positives - I like the colors you've used in here to a certain degree. Liking the fact that you're trying to improve your lighting too - it shows in here. :D I'd advise you to use more c4ds and less brushes, though. If those are what you're using right now, that is. And yes, text. I'd advise you to make versions with and without text everytime. The positioning of text in most of your works is just not doing it for me. They're a little too far away from the focal and serve as a distraction. Text should never distract from focal. A good placement in this tag would be around her left hand (right side). For this, I'd say that you should try to be a little more wary of the light sources you create. Lighting is a little messed up in here. :c Remember, proper lighting can go a long way in improving a tag! ;]

But yes, some really good stuff from you. You've improved so much from the previous time you opened a gallery in here. Heck, your works now differ a lot from the works you initially posted in this very thread. I think you know the basics - all you need is a little more practice to refine all that stuff. :]

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Some nifty CSS work here. ;D

Anyway, I'll start with the icons. A major problem, according to me, that has been much more prevalent in your works as of late is the over-sharpening of stock. It doesn't look good because your stuff tends to appear pixelated. Take this, for instance. I like the placement to a degree and I think you could've done a better job with the colors - fiddling around with a few selective color layers would've done it good, yes. But what kills the icon for me is the oversharpened girl. Parts around her head and her legs look really pixelated - when sharpening, take care not to go overboard. Too much of anything is disadvantageous. On another note, this looks good but I wish you had gone for different placement. I'd have preferred the espeon to a little right of its current position. But yeah, as much as I like the greens and blues, I wish you had lit up the icon a bit. The contrast between the dark blue and florescent green is a little too much, imo. The dark blues could've been changed a bit is what I'm sayin'. 'Curves' would've helped you here, imo.

Your new banners are a victim of your over-sharpening habit as well. ;; I'm liking the effects that you use but the text and the over-sharpening of your stock/render really takes away a lot of yummy goodness from your works. :c Take this, for instance - The stock has been sharpened a lot. Now, it would've been fine to a degree if you had sharpened only parts of it and not the whole thing. But you went ahead with sharpening everything and the result is a little messy. The part near her breasts is just..chaotic, to say it in simple terms. I don't think it would look as chaotic if it weren't sharpened as much as it has been done right now. But yeah, talking about positives - I like the colors you've used in here to a certain degree. Liking the fact that you're trying to improve your lighting too - it shows in here. :D I'd advise you to use more c4ds and less brushes, though. If those are what you're using right now, that is. And yes, text. I'd advise you to make versions with and without text everytime. The positioning of text in most of your works is just not doing it for me. They're a little too far away from the focal and serve as a distraction. Text should never distract from focal. A good placement in this tag would be around her left hand (right side). For this, I'd say that you should try to be a little more wary of the light sources you create. Lighting is a little messed up in here. :c Remember, proper lighting can go a long way in improving a tag! ;]

But yes, some really good stuff from you. You've improved so much from the previous time you opened a gallery in here. Heck, your works now differ a lot from the works you initially posted in this very thread. I think you know the basics - all you need is a little more practice to refine all that stuff. :]

lol i agree about the sharpening. i have to practice sharpening some stuff and not the whole thing; i'll practice some more tonight.
i need to learn to perfect my texts just like you (=
thank you so much ^_^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Eeeeek!

Love you two new texts! This one seems super classy compared to some of your others. I like that from you. Also, I love the color pallet of the second one. I think you've really displayed your versatility with this update. It shows that you can expand on your current style and do different techniques. n_n;

Heck, I'd ask you to do even more texts for me if I didn't already feel like I've totally exploited your generosity. lol :p Yet another lovely update Kayla. Well done! ;D

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Eeeeek!

Love you two new texts! This one seems super classy compared to some of your others. I like that from you. Also, I love the color pallet of the second one. I think you've really displayed your versatility with this update. It shows that you can expand on your current style and do different techniques. n_n;

Heck, I'd ask you to do even more texts for me if I didn't already feel like I've totally exploited your generosity. lol :p Yet another lovely update Kayla. Well done! ;D

lol i hope you like the text i made you! i posted it in the gallery

updated and added new sections on the main post~

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I love that your work is sparkly and girly but not in a tacky way, which is what I usually see in sparkly, girly things on the internet. (Think myspace glitter graphics.) Although not my style, your work is very bubbly and accessible, and I can genuinely appreciate that. You choose your colors so wisely (the second banner really sticks out to me). The only thing I can think to point out is how bland your shiny Espeon banner looks in comparison to the rest of your work, which is full of endearing life. But I find it hard to criticize when that might have been how you or who you made it for wanted it. :) Well, I want you to know that seeing your work brightened my day, I do hope to see more from you!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
I love that your work is sparkly and girly but not in a tacky way, which is what I usually see in sparkly, girly things on the internet. (Think myspace glitter graphics.) Although not my style, your work is very bubbly and accessible, and I can genuinely appreciate that. You choose your colors so wisely (the second banner really sticks out to me). The only thing I can think to point out is how bland your shiny Espeon banner looks in comparison to the rest of your work, which is full of endearing life. But I find it hard to criticize when that might have been how you or who you made it for wanted it. :) Well, I want you to know that seeing your work brightened my day, I do hope to see more from you!

thank you so much for the comments ^_^

added another text to the text section~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
ermm i'm not sure which one you're talking about, but thank you tho..xD

I think he meant this one lol

Guuurrrllll, you have added so much since the last time I check this thread! You are, easily, one of our most diverse artists in A&D. Seriously. I am such a huge fan of yours.

Also, SUPER happy you posted a drawing! It's not much, but Fennekin is a fantastic start. Btw, there is totally a small happy face in the fur. :p Red lined it for ya.
Spoiler:

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
Years
As usual I have to agree with Derozio I like the overall feel of your work but the over sharpening is bothersome in almost every tag and signature. Also the font isn't matching the overall theme of your work and at times is taking away attention from the focal point. Other than that I would just take advice everyone else has given you and keep on improving :)

Good work overall

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
thank you for the critiques~
i just added a theme set that i made for someone.
if you don't wanna look i'll just post it here:
Spoiler:

Back