• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#2 - Pixel Art of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pixel Art of the Week!​
welcome to paotw
Every week, Scarf, myself, Ben. and Logiedan will scour the Pixel Art forum for great new pixel art and shortlist five of the newest pieces. Then, we'll post the list and let you vote! The winner will get the pride of having a PAOTW Winner, and if you win ten times, you'll get a shiny new emblem as well~ :D

previous winners

• Aquanasprite.png
this weeks shortlist
maggot_thing.gif
the rules

• Don't vote for yourself.
  • A piece of art can only win once, however artists can win numerous times (only receiving one emblem, though).
  • When voting, you MUST include a valid reason why. It would also be appreciated if you included the pixel art in your post.
  • Pixels in the Showcase will also be shortlisted, however simple edits (recolours, fusions, etc.) will not apply.
  • It's a lighthearted competition. It's only for fun. So chill out and have fun~

Last edited by a moderator:

metronome

dinosaurs are cool
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Voting for Ryucario.

It's the most polished entry here. Though it could be improved in some places, such as tail motion (or lack thereof), the black waving headband, and overall fluency of animation, it trumps the others in terms of attention to detail and aesthetic appeal.

(sorry about no sprite in this post, haven't posted enough to post links yet)

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I vote for
ryucario.gif

It has a really cool pose, and the motion seems really smooth to me! I also love it because it's a style that I haven't really seen before. I think I like Mega Shock's Electabuzz more, though. Anyway, I was going to vote for Darkshadow's Grumpig evolution at first glance, but after further examination, I don't believe that the shading it quite right on the right side of the body. It's a great concept, though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Oh, my sprites here... ^^'

Anyway, this is tough. Very tough. The quality of sprites from the other contenders is amazing! Honestly, I love the animations in Spherical Ice's and Mega Shocks, the design of DarkShadows... it is, like I said, very tough this week. I had to say to myself what I liked about each sprite, what the faults were etc., before I could come up with a decision. Trust me, like I said, the quality was high and there were little faults which made it harder for me to decided. XD

After thinking about it, the one I think looks very good and where I could spot little/no flaws is this one:
iaza13349333006800.gif
The tile by 874521.

The contrast between the roof and the walls is great, and makes it look vey attractive. The attention to detail is also great (the ivy etc.) Just a great sprite! ;)

Thanks for shotlisting my pixel art, btw. :)

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
iaza13349333006800.gif

Ryucario was a close second, but I have to say that 874521's tile gets my vote. The detail is just amazing considering the small size of everything; I especially like how the individual tiles shape the roof. Also, the edges of each part are very clear, making it easy on the eyes too see all those details. Very well sprited.

Years
iaza13349333006800.gif
I vote for 874321's tile. It looks very official and very impressive. It may lack a bit more of creativity but it stands out well. The only thing i'm concerned is that it looks a bit 2D rather than a 3D look. I think the problem is because the roof ends at the edge and doesn't show the backside where there should be a ramp. It's still very well sprited and I would love to see this lineless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back