• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I don't really color by hand; I take the non-shiny sprite, put it next to the original shiny sprite, left click the color i want changed, right click on the corresponding color on the shiny, and use the eraser tool. Is there another way?
Actually, that's the "special method" I was talking about. I wrongly assumed you used a different method because of the pixel inconsistencies.

Also, I've decided that my mediocrity is proving to be more a hassle to you than anything...If you're gonna end up just resizing front sprites and fixing my back sprites, then I haven't really accomplished anything. I'm glad I was able to help contribute in some way, at least.
Actually you've helped. You saved me most of the work with the Cyndaquil line's backsprites, and resizing front sprites takes a shorter amount of time than backsprites IMO, so any help with sprites, regardless being front or back is appreciated :)

But anyway, I've got more important things to say besides Dusknoir's sprite looking beautiful, I wanted to report that Persian's sprites are now finished.
053.png

I personally think it came out pretty good, but it can always be fixed and touched up. Chaos Rush, please let me know if the front sprite is too large, as I had resized it so that it fits on a 64x64 sprite, rather than resizing it to 80% like I did with the back sprite. Meowth should be on the way, followed by the fixed Archeops. I plan on rounding out the tail a little bit, rather than having it look blocky as it does now.
You are correct that the front sprites should not be resized 80%. However, one huge problem is that you didn't resize the front sprite with equal aspect ratio to the original - you just horizontally squished it, and it looks bad.

As for the backsprite, I'm afraid there is no nice way for me to say this, so please take the following as merely constructive criticism: The backsprite looks REALLY sloppy. There are so many problems that I simply can't name them.

Also for anyone that is reading this, don't even bother making shiny versions of your sprites, since if I say it looks good and I'll use it, 100% of the time I'm going to end up editing it anyway.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
Points taken. I kinda assumed that the backsprite would be bad, and that's justified. As I've stated before, I'm not a sprite artist (nor am I a regular artist, but that's beside the point). But hey, I tried, and you can't blame a guy for trying. :V

Thanks for the constructive criticism, at any rate. Methinks I'll be sitting out for the rest of this.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Your backsprites look amazing! My hat's off to you ;) I know how long it takes to make them.
I'm planning on releasing a patch with all the Kanto Pokémon with updated sprites (HG/SS, B/W etc.)
All the front sprites are done but the backsprites take a really long time.
I'm doing about 30/40 a day and I still have 80 left.

Btw here's the backsprite of Persian from my Kanto project:

img850.imageshack.us/img850/1475/27040501.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
erm, i have make a rayquaza sprite, thought it should be quite nice since i make it pixies by pixies, hopes it will help...
it is indexed already, you can insert it into rom directly via unLZ
actually it's make for Emerald,you can just delete the second frame if you do a ruby/fire red project
View attachment 64574

View attachment 64575

oh ya, the back sprite i use the original one since it's quite ok, but i have change the palette already so you nid to reinsert the back sprite again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Current progress on backs:
vpyf81.png

idk if this is good enough quality but im happy with it, feel free to add it to your resource if you'd like.

EQT92.png
I'm just wondering, but why did you re-position the backsprite? And why did you remove the outlining technique that's used in the D/P/Pt/HG/SS backsprites? Also I stated in the rules that you shouldn't make shiny sprites, since 100% I will edit it anyways, so making shiny sprites is absolutely useless, since I will edit the normal sprite and have to recolor it to shiny anyways.

erm, i have make a rayquaza sprite, thought it should be quite nice since i make it pixies by pixies, hopes it will help...
it is indexed already, you can insert it into rom directly via unLZ
actually it's make for Emerald,you can just delete the second frame if you do a ruby/fire red project
View attachment 64574

View attachment 64575

oh ya, the back sprite i use the original one since it's quite ok, but i have change the palette already so you nid to reinsert the back sprite again.
Sorry, but it says in the rules that you HAVE to use the sprite from the sheet I posted. In the sheet of Gen III Pokemon thats on the first post, I have B/W Rayquaza, not D/P Rayquaza. And yes, I specifically mentioned in the rules that Rayquaza is allowed to have a custom sprite, but the D/P sprite does not count as a "custom" sprite, not to mention the D/P sprite is horrible.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
opps very sorry, i didn't mention that... cause i'm actually not on this project, just i have done it post it here... erm, very sorry
now is the latios sprite, just indexed to 64*64, since you will change the palette this and that, so i remain it in 25 colour... again, hope it will help...
View attachment 64594

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Well you said no shinies so here they are...
I resized and indexed by the gen I size you have..
I will apreciate your opinions...
View attachment 64616

View attachment 64617

View attachment 64618

Well then can use some editing..
If you approve this I could give you more.. :)
But I'll only work on Gen 1-3 :)

They might look little to you but if you click on them they're on the right size.. :)

Here's some more.... :)
View attachment 64650

View attachment 64651

View attachment 64652
Hope you like them.... :)

Last edited:

JoeNickson

...I'm getting there
Years
Useless

Well you said no shinies so here they are...
I resized and indexed by the gen I size you have..
I will apreciate your opinions...
View attachment 64616

View attachment 64617

View attachment 64618

Well then can use some editing..
If you approve this I could give you more.. :)
But I'll only work on Gen 1-3 :)

They might look little to you but if you click on them they're on the right size.. :)

Here's some more.... :)
View attachment 64650

View attachment 64651

View attachment 64652
Hope you like them.... :)

...64x64 thread (or 128x64) if you have front and back together)... :/ just saying when you look at them normally they're far too small and when you click they are 82x82 (or 164x82) so I think they're pretty useless to Chaos unless he wants to re-size them himself.

anyway chaos I'm not sure if I can sprite too well but if i get round to re-sizing anything or get any ideas I'll be sure to tell you first :) good luck

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Well he said on the thread that all gen 1 pokemon that should be the same size as the ones he have..

Well I saw it was 82x82 I'll try and make new ones... :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well he said on the thread that all gen 1 pokemon that should be the same size as the ones he have..

Well I saw it was 82x82 I'll try and make new ones... :)
No. I said all Pokemon from Gen I-III should be resized from the sprite sheets I posted. And I said most Pokemon that fit in a 40x40 limit do not need to be resized.

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
decided to try my hand at this, here's a resized raticate
oi50.tinypic.com/27ya7fp.jpg

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Are you going to do gens 1 2 and 3 with the updated sprites or are the sprites supposed to accomodate the ones made by nintendo?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey Chaos Rush you can use Mewtwo sprite if you want
Mewtwo-1.png
That actually doesn't look bad, except I've already done Mewtwo's front sprite. I just haven't posted it yet, sorry.

decided to try my hand at this, here's a resized raticate
oi50.tinypic.com/27ya7fp.jpg
That looks absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, I've already done Raticate's sprite, I just haven't posted it yet.

Are you going to do gens 1 2 and 3 with the updated sprites or are the sprites supposed to accomodate the ones made by nintendo?
I am making 64x64 versions of DS sprites for all 649 Pokemon. Did you even look at the first post?

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to assume that you have gen i done and you maybe started on gen ii, so here's something from the middle of gen iii to be safe

Trapinch ... that head still annoys me, couldn't seem to get it right :(
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192340101200.png
Trapinch Back ... again with the head (uses sprite ripped by hack mew from spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/26942)
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192397195700.png

Vibrava
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192397320800.png

Flygon
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192374606700.png

Cacnea
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192326785500.png

Cacturne
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192335953700.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm going to assume that you have gen i done and you maybe started on gen ii, so here's something from the middle of gen iii to be safe
Actually I don't have Gen I done, but I'm planning on doing all of it anyways, so its smart to do Gen II-III. And I've barely started on Gen II, and the only Gen III sprites I've done are all Deoxys formes.

Trapinch ... that head still annoys me, couldn't seem to get it right :(
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192340101200.png
Trapinch Back ... again with the head (uses sprite ripped by hack mew from spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/26942)
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192397195700.png

Vibrava
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192397320800.png

Flygon
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192374606700.png

Cacnea
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192326785500.png

Cacturne
iaza.com/work/120606C/iaza16192335953700.png
From what I can tell, they look pretty good. Although Wiznatts already did Cacturne's front. But anyways, I'll remember this post and get around to assembling them into sheets when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back