• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
Hi, I have a problem when editing the main character in Pokémon Rojo Fuego. (BPRS)
What better than a video to prove it:
***.youtube.com/watch?v=9F224dO71ws
Greetings!

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
Hi, I have a problem when editing the main character in Pokémon Rojo Fuego. (BPRS)
What better than a video to prove it:
***.youtube.com/watch?v=9F224dO71ws
Greetings!

I'm not %100 sure as to why,
but NSE is not setting Pointers 1-3 correctly.

For now you can manually reset them with the Hex-editor, while I look for a solution.

Edit:

This version of NSE will now be referred to as "Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]"

The 1.X family of NSE is done. NSE 2.X will serve as its succesor.
more info soon to come...

Last edited:
Years
umm i probably sound stupid for saying this but whenever i try to open the nse it gives me this error message:

NSE.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00001350. Click OK to terminate the application.
OK

the only reason i could think of that it could be doing this is that I might not have the ".net frameware 3.5 or higher"

can you help?

link12552

decade club
Years
umm i probably sound stupid for saying this but whenever i try to open the nse it gives me this error message:

NSE.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00001350. Click OK to terminate the application.
OK

the only reason i could think of that it could be doing this is that I might not have the ".net frameware 3.5 or higher"

can you help?

Nope you're exactly right. Go grab the latest .net framework (4.0) and It'll be smooth sailing from there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Would be possible to make some bookmarks for Pokémon Emerald and all Pokémon GBA Roms of all languages including Japanese? :)

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Anyone else like classic more than v2(Which I call Beta)? I find classic more advanced right now Beta crashes to much for me With Windows 7 and NET 4.0

link12552

decade club
Years
Anyone else like classic more than v2(Which I call Beta)? I find classic more advanced right now Beta crashes to much for me With Windows 7 and NET 4.0

NSE 2.X isn't even a beta yet... it's an alpha (a test build by my definition)
Version 2 is taking a while to complete because I want to be innovative with features and not just port old slow code.
If you experience any crashes with NSE 2.X, let me know, either in the 2.X forum or in a VM / PM, so I can fix them.

NSE classic is still a great tool to use, especially for OW's, and it may be a while before 2.X can match all of its features, but when it does, I'm expecting v2 to be much more reliable, powerful and faster than Classic.

Carlantian

Need Spriting Masters...
Years
Where can you download the Pokémon Trainer Plugin for Nameless Sprite Editor? I have the Pokémon Editor but do not have the Trainer and Item Editor(s).

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2011
Hi, when i download it, it opens a winrar zip, anyone helpme out please?

never mind! i got it! im new to the rom thing, how/where do i make my own rom world and get something to run my rom, please help

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
open source, fin

Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic] is now open source.
Here is one of my many gifts to you.
NSE was a good program, feel free to make it better...

Enjoy
-Link12552

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Thanks, link12552!
The program is really a great tool, and it is interesting to see all the source behind it.

mat1554

French Translator
Years
Thank you Link12552, I will search how to show the worldmap in loading. I will try to inspire me that your code source and I credit you.

Thank you again.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
I was wondering if someone could help me,
I'm trying to edit the follow sprites:
spritesexample.png

but I have no idea where to find them
(mostly May's sprites, but Brendan's sprites could come in handy too)

I've searched all over with NSE, but the included scripts don't work with Pokémon Emerald Version.

If someone could help me with this, I'd be very grateful ^^

PS: I'm not very smart with the hacking shenanigans, that's why I use programs that make it simpler, thanks xD;

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
one question please is there a possible way to add more valid palettes to the rom like im hacking fire red and it tells me that valid palettes are :
(3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,0,1,2,B,C,10,11,13,15,14)
AND Palette number (10) and (11) is same palette (0) and (1) if i changed Palette number (10) palette (0) also changes and the same problem with (1) and (11) so now I've just about 17 palette to edit and my sprites takes more palettes and by the way this Hacking tool is very good and usefull and thnx for the tut :D

Years
Hey Link, I wanted to download the source code but the page does not work :/
Would be pleased to see that "behind the scenes"

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I'm having a bit of an issue with the colour of my new sprite. It seems once I have saved the sprite under the correct colours, in-game they invert, does anyone know whats wrong here? If it helps I have replace Ekans (Pokemon) with Palmon (Digimon).

Back