• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
top | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | bottom
QUbZd.png
8KwzX8i.png

[a id]1[/a id]Intro

Pokémon Cyan is Firered hack located in the tropical archipelago of Celia, featuring a decision-based storyline, a mix of official Pokémon and high quality Fakemon and a brand new region with updated graphics among other things. It is also my second serious attempt at a hack so I'd love to hear any feedback you can offer on it.

[a id]2[/a id]Story

Team Rocket was once a powerful force in Kanto, until one day, a boy named Red defeated them in their base - Silph Co. and went on to defeat their leader again in his GYM. The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket disappeared into the shadows... 3 years later, they attacked the region of Johto and took their radio tower, but again, a boy named Gold defeated them. The last of Team Rocket finally dissolved and the regions were peaceful once again... until now... Giovanni has come back and resurrected Team Rocket from the grave, and launched an attack on the region of Celia. Pokémon have been mysteriously disappearing from Celia, what's happening to them? What are team rocket doing with them?

It's your 12th birthday, meaning you're finally allowed to go on a Pokémon Journey, just like you've always wanted to! You get a Pokémon and head out to earn badges, become a Pokémon Master, and collect all the Pokémon in the Pokédex! Whilst travelling through the Celia archipelago, you stumble upon team rocket attempting to catch Regice, one of the the legendary regis! You soon discover their plans, and it's up to you, whether to join team rocket and help them achieve their goals, or help the regis and save Celia from their plan! What will YOU choose?...

[a id]3[/a id]Features

• Explore the tropical and exotic Celia archipelago
  • The return of Dive and Whirlpool HMs
  • Many new Fakémon
  • 4th and 5th Gen Pokémon
  • Berry trees
  • Sidequests
  • New Music
  • Decision-based Storyline
  • New Moves/Abilities
  • Physical/Special Split
  • Updated Graphics
  • Custom ASM

[a id]4[/a id]Screenshots

ugYrQu3.png
LQQDCBd.png
gLXT0eF.png
hRoqdWF.png
Fd0NnNL.png
26Hr8VQ.png
18cJ9UP.png
LNjCbib.png
4BC5yPS.png
IUQeIsZ.png
qeo7l5G.png
iNjQR0p.png
PikppRz.png
eXqiXUa.png
vv6vveE.png
x3unygt.png
EERdrqi.png
d5e1Yv9.png
AX6UvsB.png
ZSleRap.png
exI28Za.png
1vgCsDA.png
hgCh0Bl.png
XBssdyB.png
HDRz9Jm.png
iWgZR5f.png
seqhuMS.png
VIh6nfF.png
qgsAiMg.png
cEOt4Ix.png
OzUoau4.png
ZdLLaUE.png
w7fYk1x.png
3T3jBfY.png
TQ2JUHD.png
XKFNvVK.png

[a id]5[/a id]F.A.Q

Q. When will the beta/alpha come out?
A. When it's done. Release dates aren't always going to be accurate.

Q. What happened to Elite Quest (my previous hack)?
A. I quit it because I wasn't happy with the quality of it.

Q. Do you need help?
A. If you think you have something to offer me (mainly spriting), send me a PM and let me know.

[a id]6[/a id]Downloads

• Beta 2
    Length: 4 GYMs
    Release Date: 28/01/2014
    Download: [deleted]

• Beta 1
    Length: 2 GYMs
    Release Date: 14/11/2013
    Download: [deleted]

[a id]7[/a id]Credits

Smily Fakemon
Wichu
ORHplus
zein
WesleyFG
lalo0101
Javs
XDinky
Chaos Rush
Omega Zero
TheMarshlands
Truality
Manipulation
Icεy
Spherical Ice
DrFuji
P-Sign
TheGreatZekro
Flodgypleb
linkandzelda
giradialkia
11bayerf1
redriders180
Flandre Scarlet
cloudsoda
FBI Agent
reshilegend
Zerudez

Have I forgotten you? If so, PM or VM me. :)
top | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | bottom
[a id]8[/a id]

Attachments

• Cyan Beta 3.ips
    2 MB · Views: 30,828
Last edited by a moderator:

marcc5m

what
Years
Story doesn't really tell much but I like the screens.

EDIT: Will there be any other Fakemon? The Sudowoodo evolution looks nice

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
The story truly requires an improvement but "screenieswise", the hack seems to have potential.

By the way, is it going to be "collect gym badges and beat elite four storyline" or something completely different ? In case you're going with the regular one, make sure to add lots of special events or else it will feel like playing FireRed with new maps, tiles and stuff...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Looks pretty good, I like the first Fakémon, well designed.
I'd assume it is a Sudowoodo evolution but it's level 1.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Story doesn't really tell much but I like the screens.

EDIT: Will there be any other Fakemon? The Sudowoodo evolution looks nice
Thanks, and yes, there will be other fakemon. :)
The story truly requires an improvement but "screenieswise", the hack seems to have potential.

By the way, is it going to be "collect gym badges and beat elite four storyline" or something completely different ? In case you're going with the regular one, make sure to add lots of special events or else it will feel like playing FireRed with new maps, tiles and stuff...
It'll be a collect the GYM badges hack, but there will be plenty of new features like the ones I listed in features, and some more.
Looks pretty good, I like the first Fakémon, well designed.
I'd assume it is a Sudowoodo evolution but it's level 1.
It was so I could test it.

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Like the others say the storyline doesn't say much but this looks promising. The tiles are neat. I the fakemon even if you didn't make it. I bet you'll be able to find/make more to make an excellent dex. Overall looking forward to more Chrunch! :)

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
I like your screens but what i really like is the fakemon(the evolution of sudowoodo).
You have to improve the story, i guess that was just a draft.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Your tropical-based tiles and textbox are looking really great along with that Sudowodo evolution that everyone else has mentioned. I'm also looking forward to your implementation of Dive and Whirlpool in the FR engine. The one thing I can point out is that I think that the ledge in your sixth screen would look better if it were perfectly straight rather than bent as it will fit in with your style of mapping more. Oh and the story :x

While this hack is still fairly early in its development, there is nothing but good signs coming from what you've done so far. Good luck and keep up the work chrunch! :3

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Looks great so far man! The tiles are awesome, and I'm looking forward to more fakemon. If you need any help with the story I'm just a VM away!

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Good to see you working on this. Hope to see updates soon! So there is going to be a road-fork somewhere along the play-through? (according to the storyline)

Oh, and will the neutral-pole fakemon that's like plusle/minun be included, too?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Like the others say the storyline doesn't say much but this looks promising. The tiles are neat. I the fakemon even if you didn't make it. I bet you'll be able to find/make more to make an excellent dex. Overall looking forward to more Chrunch! :)
Thanks! :) As I've said before, I'm working on the story to make it better. :)
I like your screens but what i really like is the fakemon(the evolution of sudowoodo).
You have to improve the story, i guess that was just a draft.
Thanks. :) The story was just an early version, and I didn't want to reveal that much about it, either.
Your tropical-based tiles and textbox are looking really great along with that Sudowodo evolution that everyone else has mentioned. I'm also looking forward to your implementation of Dive and Whirlpool in the FR engine. The one thing I can point out is that I think that the ledge in your sixth screen would look better if it were perfectly straight rather than bent as it will fit in with your style of mapping more. Oh and the story :x

While this hack is still fairly early in its development, there is nothing but good signs coming from what you've done so far. Good luck and keep up the work chrunch! :3
Thanks. I've actually already got the scripts for Dive and Whirlpool, I just have to insert them into the ROM. :)
Looks great so far man! The tiles are awesome, and I'm looking forward to more fakemon. If you need any help with the story I'm just a VM away!
Thanks. :D
Good to see you working on this. Hope to see updates soon! So there is going to be a road-fork somewhere along the play-through? (according to the storyline)

Oh, and will the neutral-pole fakemon that's like plusle/minun be included, too?
Yes, there will be a road-fork somewhere around the 5th/6th GYM badge, where you can choose to help the evil team capture the regi's or help the regi's. :) Probably, I just haven't got around to inserting that fakemon yet.

Mini-Updates!

This is just a little preview of what Glacier Island in the north of Celia will look like. The map won't look like that in the game, it's a test map I made to show off the tiles.
CyanPreview10-1.png

A big update is coming soon, including the fixed story, and much more! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Looks nice.
I like the Fakemon, I hope to see more images of your fakemons in the future ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Looks nice.
I like the Fakemon, I hope to see more images of your fakemons in the future ^^

Thanks. :)

I'm working on the story, and I'd like to know, what does everyone think of a split story? What this means is, at some point in the game, you'll get the choice to join team rocket and capture the regis, or help the regis. I was planning to implement it into the story I have on the thread, but I'd like to know everyone's opinion on whether I should include it or not. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

I'm working on the story, and I'd like to know, what does everyone think of a split story? What this means is, at some point in the game, you'll get the choice to join team rocket and capture the regis, or help the regis. I was planning to implement it into the story I have on the thread, but I'd like to know everyone's opinion on whether I should include it or not. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. :)

I think that is a really good idea as there aren't that many hacks that have a split storyline at the moment. In addition, if you're willing to put in the work to make noticeable differences as opposed to simple text changes between the storylines that would be even better.

Also, your snow tiles are looking pretty cool :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I think that is a really good idea as there aren't that many hacks that have a split storyline at the moment. In addition, if you're willing to put in the work to make noticeable differences as opposed to simple text changes between the storylines that would be even better.

Also, your snow tiles are looking pretty cool :)

I'd definitely make the story split noticeable, like something similar to the scale of Ruby Destiny: LoG's split story, meaning completely different events, places, characters, etc. Text changes wouldn't be worth it. :/

--------------------------------------
Any more opinions on the split story, everyone? I want to make sure it's a good idea before I decide to implement it. Thanks! :D

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
I'd definitely make the story split noticeable, like something similar to the scale of Ruby Destiny: LoG's split story, meaning completely different events, places, characters, etc. Text changes wouldn't be worth it. :/

--------------------------------------
Any more opinions on the split story, everyone? I want to make sure it's a good idea before I decide to implement it. Thanks! :D

i like the ideia of the split story, if it will be two differents ways to take, make sure that will have differents events and two original stories.In my opinion you should implement it to your hack.

Icεy

PokeDimension Founder
Years

This would be a great feature to add into your hack and would bolster replayability as well as the overall quality of the game itself. I'm really looking forward to this game, Chrunch, and not just because I'm the composer :p

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Do split storylines. It's the reason LoG is my favorite ROM hack atm and why I will replay it many times over. Y'know, going on the "bad" side can be fun sometimes :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back