• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pants On The Ground

Honest

Hi!
Years
Ah, that short craze was what, 5 years ago?

Anyhow, the song didn't really do to change much, but these days, a new fashion sense has developed that kind makes me want to puke. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about lucky you, pants on the ground, or "Sag" as it has been referred to is when your pants are below your waist to the point where you're underwear is showing. Basically you're showing off your butt covered with cotton. As far as I'm concerned, it's a guys thing, cause I haven't noticed any women doing it.

Anyway, what are you're opinions on "sag". Stupid or just misunderstood? And have you tried it? I'm interested to see how the opinions differ by gender, this should be fun.

And for the record, I think sag is stupid.

Crux

Evermore
Years
My god I hate it when people do that!

For everyone who's not heard yet they make these cool things called 'Belts' that hold your pants up, you should really make an investment.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I think it's stupid. I spent a week on a ship with a guy who did that. It was just plain horrible & stupid.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Before, it used to be huge baggy pants with their butt showing, now it's skinny jeans with their butt showing. I just find that quite stupid and most of the time I actually see people with belt who STILL do it. What's the point of your belt if it's still falling..? If you're going to show your butt that much might as well just not wear any pants at all.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Supposedly, that's how men in prison show that they're looking to find themselves /ahem\ a 'boyfriend'. So it's actually kind of amusing. Though aside from that, it's just annoying. Please pull your pants up.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I hate people who do this. And over the way it's gotten worse. It's been going on since at least the 90s and I'm pretty tired of this trend. I don't get the people who wear a belt and yet sag cause it looks stupid. I'll be glad when this trend ends.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Supposedly, that's how men in prison show that they're looking to find themselves /ahem\ a 'boyfriend'. So it's actually kind of amusing. Though aside from that, it's just annoying. Please pull your pants up.

Good lord no. That sounds like some sort of urban myth if anything. Male/Male relationships in prison are based on the abuse of power and a bunch of other factors.

I have a pair of jeans that sag a little. I didn't purposely buy them because of that. I bought them because they're a comfortable pair of jeans. Then again, they don't sag as far as those people who are practically showing their whole butts.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Spoiler:

Ahahaha! Pssshhh..

I see a guy every day who wears at least FIVE ****ing belts, and STILL sags his pants to his knees.

Spoiler:

But, yeah, I find it very disgusting, and I hope that this trend will die as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Good lord no. That sounds like some sort of urban myth if anything. Male/Male relationships in prison are based on the abuse of power and a bunch of other factors.

You are precisely right on both accounts.

My brother used to do this, but he wouldn't even wear boxers underneath. There was like this buffer layer between pants and boxers and it was usually a pair of gym shorts. I never understood that. It was like at any time if the weather changed he could kick his pants off and be ready to embrace the sun.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't try to do it, but I distinctly remember that I have bowel problems when belts are pinching my tender area so most of my pants are at least medium sag. And that's because I'm a size 30 and all the "high-end" (ahem, walmart is the cutting edge in fashion dammit) stores only go from 31. fatass

So it's fine, ONLY if you're under size 32 and have issues with belts.

And don't think I'm a hobo for wearing grocery store pants, they're jeans and I honestly couldn't tell if it was made with unicorn tears by a ripped Levi Strauss being entombed by hot women. Same goes for my shirts.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Wait... people still do this? I remember this being the 'cool thing' at school about 8-9 years ago, but not too long after that I never heard about it again. My brother does it, but he's usually wearing basketball shorts underneath. I like to wear baggy jeans (in winter especially, it's like a blanket!), but come on, now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Depends on the guy's butt tbh Nah this 'style' isn't great. I don't get irritated by it to the extent that some of you guys seem to but I wouldn't say I like seeing people doing it, unless they have some funny boxers to show off or something in which case go right ahead!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground; looking like a fool with your pants on the ground..."

I've seen this trend ever since I was in primary school lol. There used to be these few guys who always had their pants below their waist and their bright-colored boxers showing. Last time, my friends and I used to secretly point to their boxers and snicker haha. But these days, I don't think it's very polite to show off your behind to the world.

Also, as Slenderman has previously mentioned, this used to be a signal for men inmates in prison to show that they were ready for......*cough* you know lol. This seems to have carried forward until this day, but done for a very different reason.

So, yeah. Pull up those pants, guys. Invest your money on a good belt.

Years
I don't like displays of machismo. We all know there are certain types of personalities that show their underpants like this, the kind that think they're sexy rebels, and it just makes me sad for them.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Just no I think is disgusting when people when pants showing off their underwear. They think it is cool but seriously pull up your pant please.

Back