• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Starmie or Wailord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I just caught both at level 40 and I dont know what one i want to use! Which one do you like more?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Well, I personally won't use a freshly caught Starmie or Wailord but rather evolve them from Staryu and Wailmer, but if you're asking which Pokemon I'd prefer to use, definitely Starmie. Surf + Ice Beam + Psychic + Thunderbolt cannot be beat.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Wailord is one of the most overrated things ever, while Starmie is actually a useful Pokémon with good Speed and Sp.Atk.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Starmie for better base stats,
the moveset it should have:
Surf/Scald
Psyshock/Recover
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Note that the ability should be Nature Cure.

Years
You could use Wailord if you wanted to be "different", but as everyone else has said Starmie is one of the best Pokémon to use in the game - not up with, say, Darmanitan and Excadrill, but it has lots of coverage and can hit fast and pretty hard.

Years
Basically agreeing with those who said Starmie as well, it's got far superior stats to Wailord and with a moveset consisting of Surf + Psychic + Thunderbolt + Ice Beam it can actually destroy a lot of things.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Awh, I love both! Starmie is probably the more viable option - can learn a variety of attack-types/speedy/good special, although in game a Wailord isn't going to hold you back :) Pick whichever species you prefer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Due to all the reasons that's been stated so far, I have to go with Starmie. ^^" Starmie does not have the highest Special Attack stat, but it does have decent Speed. Thanks to that, it will always be the first to attack. Plus, it could use Rapid Spin, which could clear your field from entry hazards and allow you to switch between Pokémon as much as you like. Wailord may be bigger in size, but Starmie is simply better.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Wailord of course, he's just the boss; Starmie is cool if you like rapid spins but overall man Wailord just owns in general, 200 hp stat and hes like a giant blimp and a whale, boss as ****.

Emburn

<3
Years
It depends on how you want to use them.
Starmie if you want to easily defeat people.
Wailord can be a good staller I suppose, but in the story lines I don't worry too much about that stuff.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i use starmie in my party. so over powering.

its movesets and base stats are in a whole different league to wailord.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ok, really now.
This topic is in the wrong section. We have a part of our website that is specifically for in-game teams or competitive team help, nor is this a Fifth Generation specific topic. Starmie and Wailord are not even Fifth Generation Pokemon, and appear in a lot of games together, so unless you actually stated in which game, I'm not even sure if you even meant to post this here.

Like I said before, if you wanted help deciding your team, I suggest you check in the Battle Center next time or in the In-Game Team Help Thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back