• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
@liljz1234- xerneas can be the god of heaven and yveltal be the god of hell...yveltal is a devil bird thats y i thought so...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That'd be great if it was the same day worldwide. I mean, it's already in the same month. Why not make it better and do the same date as well? :)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If it was the same day worldwide, it would have to be set around at the same time worldwide, like it was for the Pokémon Direct presentation, which would be so cool to have. ^^

Likewise, if there was a release date worldwide on a certain date, then New Zealand and then Australia would be the first of people to get the games and play them before everywhere else in the world does.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Same day actually doesn't lower chance of Spoilers. Australia and Japan are ahead of us in the US. So they'd get theirs nearly a full day ahead of the US. UK would be in the middle, but still face a similar issue.

Same day is plausable, but we will get spoilers if you stay up late seeing as, for example if the games were to be released on the 15th in Japan, for me in the US that would be 9 AM on the 13th. Say their stores open 8/9 AM in Japan, that's 5/6PM for me so I'd have to be offline the entire day or else I'd get spoilers. 4-5 hours before going to sleep worth of spoilers appearing by Australian and Japanese players.

They also cannot do a specific time based release. Why? Because since the last country, the US is so late, the others lose out on an entire day of sales almost. Even for a late night release, its not something that any store or business would look forward to trying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Xander you know everything!

But yeah I think having it the same-ish day would be awesome, even if it's off by a bit in timezones. I don't mind getting the games early ;) But honestly the most I see them doing is the same week really.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Same day actually doesn't lower chance of Spoilers. Australia and Japan are ahead of us in the US. So they'd get theirs nearly a full day ahead of the US. UK would be in the middle, but still face a similar issue.

I didn't say it would lower the chance, it would reduce the amount that it would have been if it were released weeks before hand though. Only a certain amount of things can be posted online in a day. I wonder if the digital release will be the same day as boxed.

Platinum Lucario

Years
I didn't say it would lower the chance, it would reduce the amount that it would have been if it were released weeks before hand though. Only a certain amount of things can be posted online in a day. I wonder if the digital release will be the same day as boxed.

Quite possibly the Digital and Boxed versions would released on the same day, I'm pretty sure it happened with New Super Mario Bros. 2. If my memory serves right. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would definitely enjoy it if EB Games released them earlier... except I'm not sure how exactly I'd find out that was occurring unless it was publicised...? ;(

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Yup, I agree with above. ^^
But eShop isn't the best since having the game in your hand is kinda better...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nope, Australia gets releases on the Thursday, UK on the Friday, so if anything we'd get them earlier and they'll have to visit OUR eShop.

blue

gucci
Years
Didn't Australia get Black & White the following Thursday after the UK? They may all be released in the same week since it's a global October release which would be Japan = Wed, Australia = Thur, UK = Fri, US = Sun.

Platinum Lucario

Years
True, they only promised a worldwide release in October. They have 31 days to play with.

Though it's a worldwide release in October, I'd assume the dates would be different. Though, wouldn't it be interesting to see every store around the world open up at the same time for everyone to go in and get the games at the exact same time? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back