• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
I've never gotten past 7. My failure beats yours!

(Fatality)

But Yeah, I'm looking to using Ranger Pokemon. Not necessarily trainers due to the lack of maps, but yes. In my next completely random comic you can expect Ranger 'Mon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Uh, I started a comic here. Kinda. Only posted one strip, lol, since I got tired of spriting and distracted even faster.

I've lost all my old comics though, since I never uploaded them. Precious memories, gone away forever~

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, for some reason most of my stuff I once uploaded to Imageshack has gone :O

Which means I've lost all of Red Reloaded and some really old stuff :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well if you posted it here then you should be able to find the threads of which you posted them in.

Unless you mean that they've actually been deleted, which is kinda lame of imageshack then. Photobucket ftw.

Years
I have a question.

What would you say is the best type of sprite for a comic? Like, Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Fire Red/Leaf Green?

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
Standard comics use Fr/Lg sprites or R/S/E sprites depending on the author's preference. With the arrival of Battonage I suspect comics will start using Ranger sprites, the only problem is that their are no maps for Ranger sprites.

Many comics use MD sprites for Pokemon, or as the main sprites. I recommend you don't use MD unless it's a Pokemon only comic.

Mainly it's preference though.

Years
Thanks. I was thinking about mixing MD with R/S/E or FR/LG but it didn't work out. And the Spriters Resource ranger sprites are kind of cut off. But if I'm going to use R/S/E or FR/LG, what sprites should I use for when they battle?

Aero-LyNx

Go team dynamite!
Years
Thanks. I was thinking about mixing MD with R/S/E or FR/LG but it didn't work out. And the Spriters Resource ranger sprites are kind of cut off. But if I'm going to use R/S/E or FR/LG, what sprites should I use for when they battle?
It depends on you, if you like the battle style sprite go use it(I know the place where you can get them(If you need more information just PM me)) but if you want Mystery Dungeon Battle Style just go use it whenever you like.

Aero-LyNx

Go team dynamite!
Years
Thanks. I'll PM you for it now.
Sure thing, i have replied your question.
Oh I know how to get sprites of FR/LG, and R/S/E without grab it from sprites website. You can use Pokemon Hacking Tool named Overworld Editor. You can save the sprite into PNG picture.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Sure thing, i have replied your question.
Oh I know how to get sprites of FR/LG, and R/S/E without grab it from sprites website. You can use Pokemon Hacking Tool named Overworld Editor. You can save the sprite into PNG picture.

Whole spritesheets are easier than saving those overworlds one by one and having them as different files instead of a huge sheet with many sprites.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Yeah but if you want to have your own made sprite, you can use Overworld editor. Just like my Avatar.

Paint is ALLOT easier and generally (and obviously) can produce better quality sprites. It takes allot less time in paint aswell.

Aero-LyNx

Go team dynamite!
Years
Paint is ALLOT easier and generally (and obviously) can produce better quality sprites. It takes allot less time in paint aswell.
That's right I agree with you, overworld editor just has a few colour, and if you want to change into another colour you must change to another pallette. By the way my avatar was created when I wanted to hack for the first time. Oh, and can this forum make like Comic of the month, or comic of the week??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back