• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rate My Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Ok, I just completed the first gym in FireRed, rate my team please!

Pikachu - Lvl. 10

Butterfree - Lvl. 11

Charmeleon - Lvl. 16

Please rate 1-10 and tell me how to improve!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
4/10

It has outstanding weaknesses to Rock and Ground, so you may want a pure Grass-type in there, or Fighting, or to replace Butterfree with Pinsir at some point (though the last of these would still leave a notable Rock weakness, which will only increase when/if Charmeleon evolves). I'd worry more about the weakness to Rock, since Earthquake users won't show up for a long time yet. Clefairy and Jigglypuff are also worth mentioning, one or the other. I can't say anything about movesets for third generation; hopefully someone else can.
Apart from that it seems quite balanced. There's honestly not a lot of room for comment given the team's low level.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for the feedback, I caught a Jigglypuff a while ago but put it in storage, I guess I'll take it out and start leveling it up. I am struggling on Gym 2 because besides my lvl 15 Pikachu, my team is currently very weak to Water types. Here is an updated list of my current gym 2 team...

Butterfree - lvl 16

Pikachu - lvl 16

Charmeleon - lvl 20

Nidorino - lvl 16

Any thoughts?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry! RMTs don't go here, and this RMT doesn't have enough substance (movesets at least need to be added) for it to go to the in-game team help subforum in Battle Center. So I'll have to close this. Feel free to use the section I just mentioned to make a new RMT thread, just make sure you include movesets. Though, tbh, making an RMT thread for your team at the beginning of the game is a bit hard to rate, since most teams at the beginning of the game are going to be...well, not good, haha. So perhaps you should plan a tentative final team and post that with movesets in the in-game team help forum instead. Good luck to ya!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back