• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kunder, A Calis Projects production

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
fromcalisprojects.PNG
Introduction
Hello. I am DarkPegasus, but you can call me DP. And this is my latest creation from hell *evil laughter*
Oh, wait - wrong intro, forget about that.

I always tried to be different and put little challenges for myself. And this short (really short) game is in a way a testament to that. A lot of people say that you can't make a platform game in rm2k3, not without great effort, accompanied by a lot of lag so you are better off making one in gamemaker. I set out to prove them wrong!

About the game
While I was growing up, I had a lot of fun playing games like Mario, Wario, Bomberman, Icytower and so on. My friend wasn't so lucky (no pun intended) because she barely even heard of them. So, for her birthday I decided to make a game, just for her (and other people to admire :P) so she could experience great aspects of different, awesome games.

"Kunder - The world needs a hero" is the result of my... "experiment".

(Kunder is actually a doll designed by her)

In this game you get to live out a day in Kunder's (the great hero) life. You'll notice that something is wrong with this hero from the very start, but I won't spoil it for you.

Characters

The league of evildoers

zlizec.gif
The EVIL Bunny - one would say that this little, ordinary bunny is simply jumping around enjoying the breeze, but not Kunder! One small glance at it and she knows that even its DNA spells out EVIL. Also know as "the bunny".

pomocnik.gif
The Henchman - this small man could kill you in 358 ways with his bare hands, imagine what he could do if he had a toothpick. If you see him, don't try to run away, it's pointless, it is better to kill yourself to escape an ever graver destiny. Also known as "the little boy".

Sladoled.gif
The Evil Mastermind - the boss, the big guy, capo di tutti capi. He is more evil than evil itself. Archenemy of Kunder, for this day at least. Master of deception. He owns LoE and is using it to take over the whole world. Also known as "the ice cream man".

The gang of two

Kunder.gif
Kunder - a hero unlike any other, also the main protagonist of the game. If there is someone more awesome than Kunder it is because they made a new word for Kunder to show how awesome she is, "aweall". Also know as "The Greatest Hero".

Svinja.gif
Prof. Prasac - a smallish big with unusual abilities. He is the self proclaimed sidekick of Kunder and there is little known about him. Possibly the most powerful being in the universe (after Kunder, of course). Also know as "the hog with unusual genetic anomalies 43".

Download

Here is the download:

Click here to download it from the Calis Projects hosting!

Screen shots

I won't be posting any pictures of the story, so I don't spoil it, but here are some screens of the gameplay:

Intro screen and one of the fights
KunderSS1.png
KunderSS2-1.png

Kunder defying gravity and going to clean the chimneys?
KunderSS3.png
KunderSS4.png

Misc

I would like to point out that there are several easter eggs inside the game. Try and find them - we could make a game out of it, so if you find one, post it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Neo-Dragon and Calis Projects staff for their ongoing support. You guys are the greatest! (after Kunder)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I had a really fun time playing this.
The platforming part - where you have to climb the building was really hard. I had to use the in-game help ha.
Had fun fighting the boss at the end too.
Good job DP.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
This is adorable. I may have to download and play this game because it's just that darn charming looking. Congratulations, sir. :)

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
I find it ironic that people are raving about Raptor and how its going to be the first finished game here, and then you come in with this xD

Simply adowable 0w0. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my computer - First the text was funny like ND had experienced, then I extracted it from the zipped folder and then the mouse didn't work.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
I hate the text :/ It went fine on 3 comps that I tested XD Must be the rtp you guys are using :P

But I am puzzled by the mouse aint working thingie... No one had that problem so far...

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
It's a very fun game to play with when you are bored.
I thought that I would never say this but this game is better than my
UNO on my Ipod Nano and that keeps me on for like 2 hours!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I enjoyed this game a lot especially super sheep :D anyway about the only thing that I would change is the text font as it is a little bit hard to read. Good job though

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Well, it's a kinda per computer problem :/

Here is how it looks on a comp with no rtp or anything:

kundertextshow.png

It is a bit crooked, but it is easily fixed by adding the fonts to the fonts folder. I am guessing that you have a rtp that uses a different font...

And thank you guys for all the nice comments ^^

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I found a simple way to fix the font if it doesn't work. It means DarkPegasus never font patched the actual project- most likely just his rm2k3.
To fix it, I just dragged the file from Protectors into this project folder and replaced it.
Font is fine now.
Here:
www.my-lifeonline.com/RPG_RT.exe

Download that file and replace it with the one in the project folder.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Well this looks, good, and I haven't seen a game like this. Well I liked it and hope to see more from you :).

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Well then thats why it won't work for us :P

Also, if that doesn't work above, make sure you install the fonts that are in your RPG Maker folder, and install them in the windows/fonts folder- (which can be found in your harddrive you installed your OS on- usually c drive).

Back