• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanine or Ninetales?

Which is best?

• Total voters
Years
Tough decision... Ninetales looks more elegant, but Arcanine is more powerful... I'm torn.

Arcanine is a Legendary Pokémon... Does that count?

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I'd have to go with Arcanine since I really liked that one episode in the anime with Growlithe and James, and I'm not a huge fan of Ninetales' design (even though I like foxes and fire types, I just like Fennekin's design more :))

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Arcanine all the way. It's my all time favorite and gets work done in pretty much every situation i'm put in.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Tough one if you ask me. I like both of them, but I think I prefer Ninetales. I used them both in Heart Gold and just thought that Ninetales was more reliable. I still like Arcanine, but Ninetales wins my vote for this round

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've always been a fan of Arcanine and I've never actually liked Ninetales. I didn't want a Vulpix when I had LeafGreen and I begged my friends for a Growlithe from their FireRed until I got one.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Ninetails.

1. I like foxes
2. Just look at her. look how majestic she looks
3. sunny day. perfect for fire boosts and also for sunny day teams
4. it learns moves like for example energy ball

I think the only thing that is dragging her down a bit is her(or his) lack luster stats.(Game"troll"Freak why in the world do you keep making all potential good pokemon have weak stats and or terrible moves.). I also wish she was fire/psychic. but oh well. Ninetails is still overall a great pokemon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Both competitively and in design, I feel like Arcanine comes out on top. Although I do like Ninetales and I'm using one in my current SoulSilver play-through, Arcanine has always been more of the standout to me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Ninetales with Drought.
I like Ninetales design better anyhow.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Arcanine's majestic appearance certainly caught my eye. It was also neat that it had its own signature move in Gen II in the form of Extreme Speed before the move got better distribution.

Back