• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Master Troll Pokemon of Generation 3

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
Years
Pelliper and it's protect move! It just delays the inevitable!
I found the second Rival battle difficult, May's Grovyle made me black out heaps, I didn't have a flying type at that point.

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
normans spinda wrecked my lv 100 machamp whith teeter dance(karate chop missed)
i kept taking damage from confusion

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Norman's Slaking. It's highly defensive and that it's super strong my Combusken and Azumarill had problems with him with Facade. Also Tate and Liza's Pokemon.

Zoachu

Pikachu?
Years
Wingull. Oh my GODDDD. I never run from battles to get some grinding in to level up (my Pokemon usually end up at level 70 by the time I'm at the 6th gym LOL) so they always just put me to sleep and confused me and I will admit I got my ass handed to me by a lot of Wingulls. I mean, I always choose the fire type and only catch pokemon if they're rare, or really strong. So I decided to catch a Wingull for the friggin type advantage but it was completely USELESS. Like... stupid useless. All it's attacks missed and shizz. I got mad and released it.

Years
There's a few I can name... Norman's Slacking, All of the Team Magma grunts and their never-ending rosters of only poochyena and numel, Tate and Liza's entire team, all the zigzaggoons and poochyenas that you find every 3 steps on every single patch of grass in the entire game, Wobbufet and that flippin' shadow tag, Maxie's Camerupt, Wattson's Manectric... That's all I can really think of right now.

Pingouin_7

Norman's Slaking actually wasn't a problem to me.
Whenever I attacked him, he used Focus Punch, which I broke by attacking him.
Then each turn after that, he'd just use Focus Punch, and I'd break it every time.
Eventually, he got KO'd.

(In Ruby)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Only one that really comes to mind is a double battle in Victory Road where the opponents had 2 Slaking along with a Gardevoir and Dusclops that spammed Skill Swap nonstop, really didn't help that my Swampert and Slaking were already very low on PP for their best moves (Surf and Hyper Beam respectively.) by the time I took out their Gardevoir and first Slaking and Dusclop's Pressure ability made that even worse for me until I took a risk and KO'd the Dusclops with a Faint Attack from Slaking to just barely survive a Brick Break from the enemy Slaking, Swampert seized victory for me with a critical Surf on the opposing Slaking right after Dusclops bit the dust.

But besides from that particular battle in Victory Road I'd have to say Tate & Liza just for constant Earthquake spamming.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
That one guy with the Shedinja.

I had no clue what wonderguard was >W<

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Hariyama and Lairon.

Hariyama was bulky and hard to OHKO for some Pokemon (not counting super effective), so most of the time it took multiple hits to KO it. What's bad there? Whirlwind. You use up few of your Hydro Pumps on it, and when it reaches the critical area, it uses Whirlwind. You encounter it, attack it once, it uses Whirlwind. You attack it and miss it, it uses Whirlwind. Whirlwind Whirlwind Whirlwind. Worst place for grinding.

Lairon too. Worse than just Roar is having Protect too. Hydro Pump can easily OHKO it. What does it do? It uses Protect and you waste one Hydro Pump, and in the next turn it uses Roar. Perfectly wasted Hydro Pump.

Of course, it's not a big deal during normal plays, but I barely finished my Sapphire Nuzlocke because of them. It took ages to train everyone. If it werent for the speed button, I'd probably quit or just overlevel one Pokemon and try to solo E4, which would end up bad due to my terrible team.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
-Tate and Liza's pokes (5th rematch) at Emerald.
-Double Teaming Chanseys and Blisseys (A lot of at the Battle Tower on my way to get the gold symbol w/ Entei, Raikou and Suicune)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
-Double Teaming Chanseys and Blisseys (A lot of at the Battle Tower on my way to get the gold symbol w/ Entei, Raikou and Suicune)
Any Double Team-ers and Minimizers, really. Actually, all the Pokemon that used something involving accuracy, but especially the Chanseys/Blisseys running around. They nearly made me lose.

And this applies to FRLG, but the first time I played through them, the Sevii Islands were an awesome place to explore. In turn, there were more exotic Pokemon running about. Chansey was one of them. Of course, that's not exotic, but you get the point. My Charizard don't carry any physical moves, nor did any of my other Pokemon, so Chansey gave me hell for ten minutes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Tate and Liza's Solrock and Lunatone were so trollish that I could imagine them being plastered with trollfaces. Outside of that battle, however, they're laughin stocks, but when they get together in that battle, their trolling skyrockets to a maximum, causing me to hate them a lot more. Spamming Cosmic Power and Psychic isn't so fair.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Liza and Tate's Solrock and Lunatone, even Shedinja was annoying in that game I remember when I was battling it I had no super effective moves because my Pokemon were knocked out and I lost to a Shedinja...

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
I remember a Cool Trainer with Milotic kicked my ass after Fortree City. I found all the gym leaders and elite 4 hard, which is something I don't really find anymore. Maybe it was my age. I still have trouble with Tate and Liza sometimes actually.
Oh gosh, I remember this. Once I went to New Mauville to find something to beat this specific trainer.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
skarmory used air cutter. Mightyena lives with 5 hp. mightyena uses roar. Hm slave (lv 3 zigzagoon) was sent out. FUUUUUUUU

Back