• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: UNLZ-GBA Image Indexes

Years
Here are all UNLZ-GBA image indexes, but it isn't completed yet.
All indexes in red still need more research or is something I can't recognize.
If you want to help, go ahead and help me to complete this list.

Pokemon Ruby: Normal Scan
Spoiler:

List of all people who helped:
sab
dr4g0n12

Last edited:

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
1637 is in 256 color mode.
Also, 1704-1709 are attack animations.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
okay thanks, specifically what im looking for is the emerald text on the title screen, and the raquaza.
maybe someone can make a emerald title screen tutorial?

Years
okay thanks, specifically what im looking for is the emerald text on the title screen, and the raquaza.
maybe someone can make a emerald title screen tutorial?

I'll probably make the list for Emerald tomorrow, but it could be possible I'll post it later, so keep checking back :)

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Dude. Use GBA Graphics Editor and offsets. It's easilly 1000 times butter than unlz b/c it lets you use tileset data on images and compressed pallets, too. It also has the ability to view both normal and compressed images in 4bp, 8bp, indexet bitmap, and truecolor bitmap forms, and lets you use offsets. just to give credit to the creator, Nintenlord made it. besides, UnLZ doesn't refresh the offsets when you go backward, and GBA Graphics Editor does.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
your request might be granted just now

read this document:
Now pretty much complete!

Last edited:

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
It might help people a lot if you also added the offsets as well, since other tools such as GBAGE don't have the same index count due to searching for a wider variety of data. Since offsets are the same for every tool, this would help people be able to use their preffered tool without having to manually find the offset. Also, since last I checked, There is an error in UnLZ-GBA that when you go to the previous image, it doesn't update the offset being displayed. Also (again), UnLZ numbers no longer apply if an image is inserted before other images in terms off offset, because it pushes the images after it up 1 number.
EDIT: oops! sorry I forgot that I had already posted the document in this thread.

Last edited:
Back