• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
I'm so glad this club is still alive. ;_; I've been on a bit of a hiatus these past few months and I was sure it'd be gone when I came back. I suppose the upcoming release of Xillia has helped keep the club alive, but whatever the case I'm just glad it's active.

Where would you go picnicking?
Derris Kharlan, because space picnics are highly underrated. I'll have to remember not to put tomato on the sandwiches...

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I beat Tales of Xillia (Jude Story) today. For someone who asked me about romance in the game, there is some. :) not telling tho but there is some :3.

Now I have to grind for some Grade, and then start on Milla's story :3.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
I'd like to join please?

I would love if Namco made a third Symphonia game, there's still so much to tell in the world of Sylvarant and Tethealla. I would like to use Lloyd and go on his Exphere adventure and more character development with Genis and Presea, like see them grow older(well for Genis erm..) and being able to visit Derris-Karlan again...we all miss Kratos and his epic sayings.

ソラ

Years
Well, I have been seeing quite a bit of Jude x Milla fanart lately. ;)
Ahhh yus.
Jude x Milla.

Imma put this in spoiler it has nothing to do with storyline but I dont recommend reading this since it is gameplay spoilers, and title spoiler, and system spoiler, if you're waiting for a possible localization (I highly doubt it will), then dont read it, but if you dont care since it has nothing to do with story, just system/gameplay/title spoiler than open it up :D
Spoiler:

^ I thought it was funny tho.

I love the ending tho, I DO WISH I CAN POST THE VIDEO D: But I dont want to risk for spoilers. Unless someone wants me to :3 (I'll put it in a spoiler tag tho too)

ソラ

Years
I'll wait for localization (however low or high the chances may be). :)

Did you enjoy it more than Graces F or Abyss even?
Nah, I like Graces F, and Abyss more. But since it is only my 3rd tales games. it is in my top 3 hahha. I have to play more to make a list tho. But I love Abyss ending, and I especially loved Graces Ending. But I thought Xillia is a great game, I love the characters, and the story. :3.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Blasphamy! No Tales game is better than Abyss! Best characters, amazing story and best damns battle system I've ever seen.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Well, I guess Abyss is the best Tales game to have an English release! xD;
I wouldn't know, I haven't played it yet.

Symphonia is fantastic, though. Just saying. o3o

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I haven't tried those, but of all the Tales battles I've seen, Abyss has the best physics. The FOF, Overlimit, Mystic Artery and staggering physics. The NUMBER ONE reason why Abyss battles can't be beat: Jade. 'Nuff said.

ソラ

Years
I haven't tried those, but of all the Tales battles I've seen, Abyss has the best physics. The FOF, Overlimit, Mystic Artery and staggering physics. The NUMBER ONE reason why Abyss battles can't be beat: Jade. 'Nuff said.
Tales of Graces F has a no TP in the game, But you have to raise that number in right on your picture to have it has enough combos, to do artes, and you can do blast calibur early in the game if you want, BC is basically mystic artes.

Tales of Xillia - brought back alot of stuff in tota, except for FOF, they have TP back, they have mystic artes, but a new thing called the Link artes, where you can link a character up with eachother and make a whole new arte, and you can do another thing called Link Hi ougi, where you can do a hi ougi with eachother.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Tho Graces F, and Xillia has a better battle system then Abyss. :x
Yeah. I hope you noticed that you're the only one who has even played those games. =3= Going with U_Flame here.

And Ryuryu, that's based on opinion. xD A lot of people like Symphonia the best, and a lot of people like Vesperia the best. Just saying. :3;

The 'link artes' were kiiiiind of in Tales of Symphonia 2, but not really. Just instead of using a high-ougi Emil and whoever is able to do a combined attack together. I guess they were more along the lines of the latter that you mentioned? As for FOF I'm not surprised.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Link Artes do remind me of Unions attacks from ToS 1 and 2. Well, except ToS 2 only has one Link MA. Ain Soph Aur with Marta or something.

I think I already said a lot on why Vesperia's my favorite, lol. <3 I love Abyss's gameplay too, I just didn't like the frame by frame that much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think that one would be the link mystic arte type of thing. There's those times when you can have two characters use an attack if you have the bar at half-full and decide to release it then. I think then it's monster and person though. I don't quite remember.

But yeah, link artes could be like the unison attacks in ToS. That's true.

My reasons for liking Symphonia kind doesn't have to do with the gameplay, since well... the gameplay is "lacking" compared to the others so to say? Not exactly it's fault since it was made before the other games and that haven't remade it or anything yet...

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Symphonic 2 was pretty damn good. But it's biggest flaw was not being able to level up the Symphonic 1 people.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It was good, in fact its very good for nostalgia purposes, it just; yeah, it feels like its rushed.

I would only say my biggest complaint is the fact that its sorta...unbalanced. You can honestly wipe out an entire monster's team with Emil, imho; or face a really tough level 50 enemy in like the first 50 minutes in the game.

Honestly, it still does have potential! I wouldn't mind a remake of it.

[and tbh, how many times have I said Emil and Marta needed their own human party members. xD]

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
When you play the game for the second time its actually easier to beat Lloyd and you get a huge EXP. Lloyd was very easy to control in Symphonia 1 but I found him to be a bit of a pain in Symphonia 2. Perhaps he needed an extra Add Combo. I loved his Accelerate though.

Back