• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of the Month: September - Kart Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Game of the Month
hosted by LGDArm and Perdition Haze
Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages. Welcome to Game of the Month! This is a contest to see what video games our fellow members love. We will give you a list of three games every month from a specific genre, and it will be all up to you to decide which one's the best!

The Guidelines

• Every month, we will randomly select three games for you to vote for. The game that receives the most amount of votes will be declared the victor.
  • You may vote for only one video game. When you submit your vote, it is recommended to give us a reasoning behind it.
  • At the end of each month, LGDArm will announce the winner, who will then be featured in the forum splash until the next winner is announced.
  • If you have any questions and would like to see them answered, then you may post a reply here or send a private message to LGDArm or myself!

Past Winners

Below, is a list of all games that have won GotM throughout the past few months. Hit the spoiler button if you'd like to see them!

Spoiler:

GotM - September

This month, we have the following games for you to vote for!

250px-Mario_Kart_64box.png

250px-DKRboxart.jpg

SD2_cover_art.jpg

When you submit your votes, please make sure to put the games that you're voting for in bold letters. This makes it easier for us to count them. For example, if I was voting for Diddy Kong Racing, this is how my post would look:

My vote goes to Diddy Kong Racing, because it offered us a variety of vehicles, multiple ways to race, and very colorful characters.

Have fun, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
It's really close for me between Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing, but I got to go with Diddy Kong Racing. Diddy Kong racing had flying, normal karts, and then the hovercraft thing above water as well. It had some cool items and upgrades and the characters were awesome. Also, don't forget the extended story line. There was just a lot more to do in that game, then honestly, most racing game. It kind of reminded me of a racing version of Super Mario 64.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You had to go with games that I barely ever played huh?

I'm going with Diddy Kong Racing because that's the only one that I DID play. Count my vote or not, up to you.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'm going with WAIT WHERE THE HELL IS CRASH RACING?

nvm, I'll go with diddy kong racing due to how well it expanded the foundation that mario kart 64 set.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm going with WAIT WHERE THE HELL IS CRASH RACING?
Yeah, seriously. Sonic Drift 2 is too obscure and wasn't even in the same league as the other 2 (being in a handheld as well as getting a rather negative reception.), but Crash Team Racing is widely considered as one of the best, if not the best, kart racer of all time, so I'm rather baffled by this choice.

I'll just assume that adding CTR would be too unfair because it's the obvious winner.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Crash Team Racing... :(

Voting for Mario Kart 64 as I've never played DDK and Sonic Drift series can't compete with N64 games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Diddy Kong Racing. ♥ Mario Kart is cool and all but I loved Diddy Kong so much when I played it years ago and to this day I wish that I had the game myself so I can revisit all the places and the boss races and just everything.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't even know anyone who owned a Sega Game Gear nor have I ever seen one in real life.

I'm going to go with Mario Kart just because I like the characters more and it did have a bunch of sequels I really enjoyed is well.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Mario Kart 64 hands down. Almost every kart racing game is incredibly fun, but Mario Kart 64 takes the cake in this trio. The tracks are interesting and I still enjoy it today.

Although I agree with everyone who prefers Crash Team Racing

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
This is just a reminder to tell you that tomorrow is the last day to get your votes in. If any of you would still like to submit your votes, then please do so within the next twenty-four hours. ^^ Remember, every vote counts!

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
I love Mario Kart, and the Nintendo 64 is my favourite! :) BUT, Diddy Kong Racing I think is much better with more vehicles, characters and opportunities. Also getting stronger items / weapons by using the same coloured item balloon is smart, and not much racing games do this anymore! :)

So Diddy Kong Racing get's my vote! :)

Years
I love Mario Kart! However, I have to go with Diddy Kong Racing.

The boss battles, varied battle formats (banana's, coins, eggs, lives), varied vehicle modes, open map to explore, balloon items, bright color and levels, 3 save files, and existence of a story-line with an objective in general make this more than a social game among friends; it is a fully-developed racing ADVENTURE game!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Alright guys, looks like the winner (in a tight race) is Diddy Kong Racing! Thank you for voting! Please stay tuned for the October voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back