• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: The DS-Style 64x64 Trainer Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
As many of you will know, Chaos Rush has created a resource for properly resized DS Pokemon sprites,
and I have continued this on for Gen VI. That being said there has never really been a set of properly resized
trainer sprites to match them.

This project has actually existed for a while but went out of fashion, I have decided to pick it back up and to change
the rules slightly. Originally Rizon had specified that sprites should be resized at 85% in every case, while this is a good
measurement, depending on the sprite 80% and 90% can be employed depending on the sprites' original head size and
positioning.

Additionally, Spherical Ice has recently touched up and DS-ified a few of the Gen III sprites. I am willing to accept sprites
in this style too and will group them separately to give people more choices in the sprites they use. That being said the Gen III
sprites tend to have shorter limbs and bigger heads than resized DS equivalents so you will have to use your judgment when
pairing them.

Without further ado here are the sprites.

Gen III Revamp Sprites:

Gen IV Sprites:
Spoiler:

Gen V Sprites:

If you are interested in contributing please read the information listed below!
Additionally general things to think about:

* DO NOT PM or VM me if you have submitted a sprite asking if I've seen it.
* If I do accept a sprite of yours, DO NOT PM or VM me asking when it'll be ready. The QC I make on the sprite can often take a while.

Contribution Information
Spoiler:

Accepted Sprites:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Also, before anyone asks, you ARE allowed to use these for your hack, this is the entire
point of the resource! Just make sure you credit this thread if you do use any of the sprites.

Not ALL sprites are indexed in the imgur links, but eventually

Finally, check out Chaos' thread if you haven't already, to understand more about this resource!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
This is great Rizon! I'll post some contributions in a few days!
In the mean time, in terms of formatting, do you think it'd be easier
to set it out as the Trainer types and then after opening each one it'd
have all the relevant DS sprites?

Eg.
Youngster
Spoiler:
Thank you! I think it's better.
I'm looking forward for your contributions.
Good luck and make it great as always! :)

Edit:
XRhH21e.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
My first of many contributions! The Male HGSS Rocket Grunt!
Spoiler:

I'll eventually update this one with all the other ones I make from Team Rocket,
I may do all the Execs. etc. Would be apt considering Apollo.

Edit:
Female Grunt
Spoiler:

Proton
Spoiler:

Petrel
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
My first of many contributions! The Male HGSS Rocket Grunt!
Spoiler:

I'll eventually update this one with all the other ones I make from Team Rocket,
I may do all the Execs. etc. Would be apt considering Apollo.
Wow, good job, it's very good!
But it still need to be edited, I see some errors on the sprite.
But don't worry, you'll still be credited!
By the way, good luck with Apollo!

Edit: Here's the edited one.
lRrrII8.png

And Falkner!
F7R522b.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
May I please request that Roxanne's B2W2 PWT sprite be done, along with Rosa's B2W2 sprite (Not the Wonder Launcher one) (The trainer card one)? You would have my deepest thanks if you did!!

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Bad news, I've to restart all the sprites, because some of the trainer sprites can't fit into 64x64 square if you shrink them by 85%.
I tried to resize the biggest trainer sprite, Cue Ball by 81% and it fits 64x64.
So, all the sprites need to be resized by 81%.

Well, if that's too hard to fix, you can do this
[Removed Due To Something]

@2012maniac
I'll do it later, so be patient. :)

@BonkersRider
Those sprites aren't needed in the thread, sorry. :(

Edit: Roxanne's done, resized by 90% twice (81%).
lvMTbhQ.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Bad news, I've to restart all the sprites, because some of the trainer sprites can't fit into 64x64 square if you shrink them by 85%.
I tried to resize the biggest trainer sprite, Cue Ball by 81% and it fits 64x64.
So, all the sprites need to be resized by 81%.

Well, if that's too hard to fix, you can do this
1> Resize the sprite by 90% EVEN THE SPRITE IS ALREADY FITS IN 64x64 SQUARE.
2> Fix the sprite.
3> Resize the sprite again by 90%.
4> And fix the sprite again.
It's simple, but it can be frustrating. :(
But if you guys still want to use the old sprites which are resized by 85%, it'll be at the "Old Sprites".

The thing about resizing everything to 81% though, is that most sprites heads will be too small. I think 85% is actually better overall, and the ones that don't fit into that then should be done in that way. Because if you compare the head sizes of the 85% Bug Catcher to the head size of the FR Bug Catcher, you'll see its more similar.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The thing about resizing everything to 81% though, is that most sprites heads will be too small. I think 85% is actually better overall, and the ones that don't fit into that then should be done in that way. Because if you compare the head sizes of the 85% Bug Catcher to the head size of the FR Bug Catcher, you'll see its more similar.

You could always try for something in the middle. You see, suppose you're resizing a youngster or a bug catcher. You just need to find the dimensions of the FR bug catcher and find the proportions which would be suitable. I reckon it will be around 82-86%. Besides, if the head doesn't fit you could always steal the head from the FR source. Maybe they intentionally made the head bigger, who knows?

@Rizon - I'd really suggest comparing all the old sprites with a similar trainer from FRLG/RSE. That way you'd know which ones are still usable.

Oh yes, I may put some work into this later; I've always wanted Rodriguezjames's project to be complete, too.

EDIT - Just checked with the two old youngster sprites, and I have to say they're exactly (if not smaller) the same size as the FR youngster. Needless to say, they're still compatible.

4ErXI1U.png
|
5petvzv.png

These two if you're wondering which.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
You could always try for something in the middle. You see, suppose you're resizing a youngster or a bug catcher. You just need to find the dimensions of the FR bug catcher and find the proportions which would be suitable. I reckon it will be around 82-86%. Besides, if the head doesn't fit you could always steal the head from the FR source. Maybe they intentionally made the head bigger, who knows?

That's basically my point. I think 85% makes head sizes suitable. I don't think that making sprites the same size is necessary, its based upon more on relative size, which can be seen through limb length and head size, rather than the pose. Imagine if the Fire Red sprite was in the same pose as the Later dimension one what size would it be. Even then lots of the Fire Red trainer sprites has shorter limbs in relation to head size. Eg. Male Team Rocket Grunts, mainly due to spacial constraints I suppose. Also stealing heads is a bad idea, it ruins the integrity of the sprite.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I think you're right, Bayer. 81% makes the head truly small.
I should redo Roxanne because the head is small too.
Thank you Hoenn and Bayer for the idea. :)
I'll edit the help guideline.

Edit: I'll edit your sprites now, Bayer, sorry for the delay. v_v
Edit: Edited!
T3P0PUr.png
T1vbJqo.png
3OdqWq8.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I think you're right, Bayer. 81% makes the head truly small.
I should redo Roxanne because the head is small too.
Thank you Hoenn and Bayer for the idea. :)
I'll edit the help guideline.

Edit: I'll edit your sprites now, Bayer, sorry for the delay. v_v

No worries! But yeah I think 81% only when absolutely necessary such as with certain
gym leaders, Giovanni for example. Speaking of which, I made Giovanni. The head isn't as
small as other sprites are, probably because Giovanni is so big anyway, so it works fairly well.

Spoiler:

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
Years
The Roxanne sprite seems to have been deleted from imgur. :(

Good looking resized sprites can difficult to come by. So I'll offer up some other resized ones I've made.

Bird Keeper from HeartGold (indexed to the Bird Keeper from R/S/E).
Spoiler:

Dr. Fennel from B/W (not indexed).
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
You clearly haven't resize the bird keeper... Well if you did it's still way too big especially when you consider his pose

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
@Bayer
Great, I'll edit it soon. It looks very good. :D

@BonkersRider
Please read the help guideline before posting sprites here. v_v
I know you want to help, but I'm not accepting your sprites.
You didn't resize the Bird Keeper, and I don't want RSE palette.
And, Fennel, she looks squished, you just make her shorter to fit 64x64.

Also I deleted Roxanne from Imgur cos she was a failure sprite. I'll redo her soon.

Edit:
5Jm8DSB.png
Zr6i5wY.png
ayeLHEm.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Thank you very much for the sprites of Rosa and Roxanne and if you are unsure of what to do next you may ask me for suggestions. I always need good trainer sprites. Good luck, this resource has A LOT of potential.

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
@2012maniac
Aww, thanks and you're welcome. :)
But, I already know what to do next.

Edit:
r196lPA.png
rgnGBJE.png
bwlYSgG.png
4uPSiwd.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Sorry if I am making too much requests, but i would also like the BW2 Clair sprite and the female psychic sprite from BW1/2. Thanks and as usual I would very much appreciate it.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
@2012maniac
I'll do them once I've a time. :)
Anyway, from now on, if you wanna request, just VM me, okay?
This isn't a request thread so I'm afraid the Moderator will close this thread.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
OK sounds good, and thanks for doing my requests. Sorry about that. From now on I will VM you my requests. :)

Back