• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Well, I am finished except ONE thing that I searched for the past couple hours to see if I can fix it. It is not game altering, its just distracting.

The glitch occured after I rearranged the pokedex. The pictures that you see next to the pokemon to see what type they are (like a bird for flying, a bug for bug) are fixed to the pokedex number, not the pokemon. So, half of the pokemon have the wrong picture next to their name. I cannot find where it is to fix it. That is the only thing wrong with it, and since I can't find it, I will be releasing it now.

Also there are two other glitches, but most probably won't even notice because they are not seen as often as the aforementioned glitch.

Anyway, here is the final version (pending glitch/text fixes).

Enjoy. thanks for the support and the interest.

You can play it online at:

http://gameboy.vx99.com/gameboy.htm
IE users, you're gonna have to download it.

(if I'm not allowed to post that above site tell me and I will remove it.)

Attachments

• Pokemon TRE.ips
    137.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thank you Meowth and Chrona. And I was just going to change the title name because i realized it was too over the top, but I saw you already did that. Sorry about that.

Anyway, to those who download it feel free to post how you feel about it in here.

I honestly believe this is the 2nd best 1st gen hack out there, if it depended on my dedication and effort. I hope you all feel the same.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
I have to admit, it's awesome! For the first time in pokemon history, you actually have a variety of different pokemon to choose from, in most games you can't get a fire type (Other than a Growlithe/Vulpix) until late game for some reason. It's very well done, man, great job =D

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
I found a few small bugs

First of all, fossils don't get made. I went all the way out of the lab, and my Dome Fossil wasn't yet revived. Unless you changed the timer or something o.O

Next, Leech Seed simply freezes the game. Doesn't matter if you use it or an enemy uses it, it simply freezes. Bulbasaurs scare me now =(

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Interesting. Thanks for telling me, I'll see if I can fix those problems.
I have no idea why those happen, but I'll look into. Not today or tomorrow, though, because I have work. But I'll look into it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Good luck, I'll keep you informed if I find any more

Edit - Wow, I sure as hell wasn't expecting to see that "new" pokemon you put into the game, that the Police in the game corner had. Is it obtainable? =O

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2019
Found a glitch, Meowth has a Grass Pokemon sprite when you see it in the POKEMON command in the Start Menu

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Good game. I like it and I think this is the second best first gen hack. I don't know if this is intentional but I could not get graveler to evolve via trading. Perhaps you changed it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Xela, he addressed it in his release notes, Meowth is 001 in his version of the pokedex, so they gave it the 001 (Bulbasaur) icon, which was the bug thing.

And no clue on the trading.

Anyone know where to get the other starters or Hitmon?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Xela, he addressed it in his release notes, Meowth is 001 in his version of the pokedex, so they gave it the 001 (Bulbasaur) icon, which was the bug thing.

And no clue on the trading.

Anyone know where to get the other starters or Hitmon?

No pokemon evolve by trading, all are by leveling up. except eevee still uses stones. Chrona answered the in-party sprite issue, the other starters can be found in the wild. (each in only 1 location) And by the other starters I mean bulbasaur and squirtle. Meowth, koffing, and ekans are not found in the wild.

and the "new" pokemon were supposed to be a surprise but unfortunately they are not obtainable. I just liked gliches and thought it would be a cool little surprise.

I am still disappointed about those two glitches, Chrona. Thanks again for telling me. I did look into it for a second and I know that is has nothing to do with that attacks traits, so i really dont know how to fix. I might just have to remove the attack from the game or replace it with a similar attack. If the fossil issue cannot be fixed (maybe you have to wait longer? I'm not sure) I could always put those pokemon into the wild. So even if I cant find a fix there aer some ways. They aren't perfect BUT it would be better than now.
That and the stupid pokedex reordering in-party sprite glitch really bug me.

Oh well. Thanks for the replies.
Also, are they pokemon too high leveled for anyone? I suggest NOT running from wild battles, as you will need high levels. (you won't like the ELITE FOUR). Don't get mad when you lose battles often. and i suggest buying alot of revives and potions before the elite four, as you will PROBABLY lose money.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
That answers some questions. Another problem I encountered was that Blastoise has a glitched sprite in battle.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
i did not realize blastoise has a glitches sprite, but thats an easy fix. and for completing the dex, i think I MIGHT have put those pokemon to some other trainers, but im not sure. for catching em all, i dont think its possible without trading.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I assume you mean the "new" pokemon. no they aren't obtainable. i couldnt get a pokedex entry (if I did they would act like missingo giving people the advantage of the missingno glitch) and i couldnt get a back sprite.

EDIT: Are you sure Blastoise's sprite is glitched? I did not see him in a battle but his pokedex picture is normal.

Last edited:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
WOW a RED hax. Now thats oringial! You say uve finished the game? :O how long have u been working on it?and was it easier than like the newer hax (emerald,fr/lg etc) anyways i will definately try this when i get a red rom >.>

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I started on it last summer but stopped over the winter and just started again lst thursday. i've never hacked the new games but since there are more tools out, i would have to say that red is harder. but ive never tried so i wouldnt know

Back