• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
"Sure," Chris said, nerves and surprise present in his voice. "Let's go."

They walked out of the Pokemon Center and into an eerie silence. Though the wind blew and caused the snow to rustle as it scraped across the ice and roofs, there was something oddly oppressive about the lack of noise. People walked through the town, some with wild eyes and others with a silent tired fear.

They knew what was coming, and they knew it was the Uprising that had brought it.

"Is," Chris said, snapping Isabel from her thoughts. She realized how fast she had been walking and paused to allow Chris to catch up. "Look, is something wrong?" Isabel raised an eyebrow. "I mean, besides the PXS attacking thing and the fact that half of the Uprising has gone missing." Chris added hastily.

"Chris..." Isabel sighed. "Look at what we've done. This was the last place in the entire region where people still had Pokemon and lived in peace out of the reach of the government, and now PXS is coming to tear it all down. The Katsu region will be drained of all Pokemon, Chris, and it's all our fault."

Isabel shook her head and began running. Icy air sliced down her throat. Isabel fought the wave of emotion that rushed over her, but they overpowered her. Something broke inside her. Salt burned in her eyes and tears rolled down her cheek, quickly being lost in the frigid air. Everything was going all wrong, and it was her fault...

Isabel reached the Gym and slowed to a stop, wiping her eyes dry as she managed to regain her composure. She felt guilty about running away from Chris like that, but she knew that she had to speak with Brad as soon as possible.

She opened the door and slipped inside. Several trainers were inside, though none of them were Guardians as they were preparing for the assault. They trained their Pokemon with several different obstacle courses and targets to launch attacks at.

"Isabel?"

Isabel turned and found herself facing Brad who, despite still possessing the air of confidence, seemed more forlorn than before. Isabel attempted to give Brad a smile and walked over to him.

"Anything new on PXS's position?" Isabel asked.

"Well, it seems as though we may have miscalculated the speed of PXS's machines," Brad said.

The smile left Isabel's face instantly.

"How so?" she asked in a low, serious tone.

"PXS will be here in an hour."

(OOC: hehehe....)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
"Chris..." Isabel sighed. "Look at what we've done. This was the last place in the entire region where people still had Pokemon and lived in peace out of the reach of the government, and now PXS is coming to tear it all down. The Katsu region will be drained of all Pokemon, Chris, and it's all our fault."

Isabel shook her head and began running, tears rolling down her cheek.

"Isabel! Wait!" Chris yelled after her, still a little stunned, but she was soon out of sight. "Dammit!" He cursed at his stupidity, almost causing Dile and Sakura to fall off of his shoulders.

It was frightening, how this whole thing could change her change her so much and cause so much confusion and distraught to her, almost to the point where it was disheartening. Then again, who wasn't effected by it? Chris looked around the frozen streets of the city, where some people trudged through the snow, awaiting their last moments with their Pokemon. But some, ran around, spreading the news and handing out orders. Isabel's words flowed into Chris' mind, and suddenly, something clicked. If the PXS and the Uprising were both against the new law, then why try to destroy the last haven? Chris shook off the thought, now was not the time. He needed to catch back up to Isabel. Chris ran off in the direction of the gym. Isabel would have to eventually show up there.

Soon Chris reached the entrance to the gym, quickly stepping inside. As well as several "Gym Trainers" putting Ice Pokemon through an obstacle course of some sort, Isabel stood near the doorway, talking to (Who Chris could only assume was) the gym leader. Isabel looked a little more calm since their last encounter. Her eyes were still a tad red, but for the most part, she had pulled herself together.

"Hey. You're the Gym Leader here, right?" Chris interrupted, walking into their conversation. "I'm Chris, another member of the Uprising and runner up in the Johto conference. Sorry I'm late, something came up." Chris shot a quick smile to Isabel "So, what's the plan for tonight?"

(OOC: *Sniff* it was twice as long and good (That's what she said) before PC murdered it :()

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
"What do you think they're talking about?" Josh turned to Sar. She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully and watched Burr, who was still chuckling.

"He was talking about me," she stated. She knew he was, and judging from his ongoing laughter, it wasn't anything good. Sar frowned when he finally settled down and started to talk to the Raichu again. She kept watching them before sighing in exasperation. Oh no. Come on. Don't tell me...

Burr twitched his stump of a tail. <I'm telling you, it won't work. Give it up,> he told the Raichu with the air of somebody who always knew best.

<Of course it'll work! There's a war coming up, after all. She should appreciate somebody stronger in her group,> Raichu reasoned. Burr sighed, looking at him pityingly. He was surprisingly optimistic; it was almost infectious. But he had known Sar for seven years - and if he said it wouldn't work, it was almost certainly not going to work. Then again, the Raichu didn't know that.

The Electric Pokemon thought for a minute, deciding who he wanted to battle. Then he turned and pointed at the Gallade. <I wanna try battling you. Can we?> He waited until he was sure Knight consented before eagerly sprinting to one side of the field. <Right! Let's go!> He said, sparks flying from his cheek again as he readied himself.

Sar shook her head. Josh's Pokemon were trying to help the Raichu impress her. Rolling her eyes, she settled back to watch the entertainment. It wasn't like she had anything better to do. Burr scampered back to her side and made himself comfortable. It's too bad they don't have popcorn here, he thought.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
<I wanna try battling you. Can we?> The Raichu bounded across the field, awaiting eagerly on the other side. <Right! Let's go!> Sparks erupted from it's cheeks.

<I would be honored. I will fight without my trainer telling me what to do, I have the knowings to do that. Would you like me to go easy on you? Bah, never mind, I'm sure you will do just fine!> Knight bowed low then charged forward, his sword on his arm pointing so that the wind resistance could be used to his advantage. As he got closer to the Raichu, he smiled and jumped into the air, showering sparks from his sword for the effect. He landed behind Raichu and whispered all too casually.

<Let's start with something to your resistance. A Leaf Blade!> His blade turned green and he slashed down the Raichu's back. He held back, after all, it was the Raichu's chance to shine, not his.

"Hah, a battle," Josh laughed, grabbing his bag. He pulled out a bag of potato chips and happily munched down. He looked to Sar and shoved the bag into her nose. "Want some?"

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Matsuko winced instinctively as the Raichu was hit by Knight's slash. She called out to him.

<Watch him! Watch his movements, try to predict where he's going and what he's going to do, and be gone by the time he does it!>

She thought for a moment.

<Don't forget, you've got electricity! As long as there's contact between you and the target, it doesn't matter whether you aim or not, the discharge will still do damage! Wait for him to make contact, then let him have it!>
--------------------------
He overheard, and it froze him.

An hour...they reacted faster than I thought...damn...

He shook himself violently.

No, no! Don't panic. Calm down. Calm...down. Think. You need a plan.

He looked around. The walls were still under repair; he doubted they'd be ready by the time PXS arrived. He saw the still-falling snow.

At least the snow will make things difficult for their armor and air. Still, their infantry might pose a problem...

Wait, that's it! The PXS fight with pokemon, but I'm willing to bet that the pokemon hold no loyalty to the PXS. Which means, any ones I free will likely flee, or possibly even help against the PXS.

So that's it then. When the PXS attack, free every captured pokemon I come across as soon as I can. There will likely be casualties among them, but that will only inspire the others to fight even harder...or demoralize them completely. Hmm...well, I've got nothing else to go on. It's a plan, at least. I'd best find Matsu and inform her.

Looking around, he made his way back to the Center.

Sweet Dreams

Years
<Let's start with something to your resistance. A Leaf Blade!> The Gallade said from behind him. The Raichu's eyes widened - he hadn't been prepared. He collected himself very quickly, however, especially at Matsuko's words. He felt the attack slice at him from behind but spun around quickly before his whole body sparked with electricity and he rushed forward to slam his body into Knight's. That was his Volt Tackle.

<Right; electricity. Gotcha,> he murmured to himself.

Sar watched as Josh took some chips out of his bag, amused. He seemed to catch her looking at him and shoved some under her nose. "Want some?" He asked jovially.

She fixed him with a stare. To anybody but Burr, it would've looked for all the world like the same calculating one that she had given Josh when they first talked that day. Her Raticate knew that she was just thinking about something puzzling. She glanced down at the chips and shrugged, reaching her hand in for a couple. What is it about this guy? Maybe he's just naturally charismatic. He's an idiot, Sar thought to herself before her brain added; you're an idiot. Fighting with people who won't acknowledge you? Pure stupidity.

She got fed up with herself and decided to just concentrate on the fight.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Josh smiled as Sar took a few and continued to chomp on his own, pulling more out of the bag when he had finished a mouthful. He blinked a few times as he watched the Raichu perform a Volt Tackle against Knight. He applauded it, and smiled at Knight.

"Volt Tackle, nice," Josh nodded. "You know, that Volt Tackle is an egg move, and can only be learned if Pikachu holds a Light Ball?... or Orb, something like that." Sar gave him a look, which Josh couldn't really tell if it was one of amazement or one of annoyance, for stating the obvious. Josh chose the latter. "What? I needed something to do when I was bored." He blushed and turned back to watch the Pokémon.

<Good one,> Knight nodded, jumping back. <It's a shame, or a good thing, that all of my moves are physical attacks.> He ran foward again running down the side of the Raichu, his blade forced outwards for a Slash. <Try this one!>

Sweet Dreams

Years
"You know, that Volt Tackle is an egg move, and can only be learned if Pikachu holds a Light Ball?... or Orb, something like that. What? I needed something to do when I was bored." He said defensively, cheeks reddening. Sar realized that he thought she was mocking him with her stare as he turned back to the battle. She hadn't actually known that, and she opened her mouth to tell him so. Then shut it, shocked. This guy... I swear, it's like he put a spell on me! She huffed inwardly. Her hand dipped into the packet for another crispy potato slice.

"Do you know details about every move?" She asked, curious in spite of herself. The Gallade moved to Slash at Raichu. Absent-mindedly, Sar handed over a chip to Burr, who nibbled at it happily. "How?" She added.

<Thanks!> He said, cheerfully replying to the compliment. The Raichu was better-prepared this time. He sprang up into the air, although the move nicked him on his hind paw. At the zenith of his jump, he let out a weak, paralyzing Thunder Wave at Knight. If it hit, it would make the battle proceed a lot smoother than if it didn't.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Beo and Kez were sat in the Pokempon centre, two mugs of coco stood on the table between them. Paul had been outside to look for an one else to speak to but had failed to find anyone so had returned to the Pokemon centre, Slash and Bolt were in thier Pokeballs resting, he planned to let them out an hour or two before dusk so they had time to prepare for the attack but for now it was better for them to get all the rest they could. This battle could be a long one and neither Slash or Bolt had been in anything like this before.

"Hey Kez, Beo." Paul said sitting down in an empty chair. "How's things?"

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
"Hey Kez, Beo." Paul said sitting down in an empty chair. "How's things?"

"Not too bad, you?" he asked but before Paul could answer he spoke again "could i talk to you over there for a minute?" he got up to move as paul walked " and Beo, Don't drink my coco kid!" Laughing as he walked away.

Moving over to where paul was Kez's face suddenly turned serious he made sure they were out of earshot and spoke stern and fast "Listen, that kid over there means more to me then he'll ever knowI'll protect him , doesn't matter how may i have to go through but.. "

Kez was fighting back the tears trying not to cry as he spoke ".. if.. if something happens to..to ..me get him out, drag him kicking and screaming if you have to but just get him out." At this point Kez had hugged Paul who wasn't really sure what to think, kez broke the hug, wiped away the tears and asked " will you do this for me?"

The warden

I'm back!
Years
"Not too bad, you?" Kez asked, but before Paul could answer he spoke again "could i talk to you over there for a minute?" He got up to move as Paul walked " and Beo, Don't drink my coco kid!" Laughing as he walked away.

Kez's face suddenly turned serious, as he aproached Paul spoke stern and fast "Listen, that kid over there means more to me then he'll ever know I'll protect him, doesn't matter how may i have to go through but.. "

Kez was fighting back the tears trying not to cry as he spoke ".. if.. if something happens to..to ..me get him out, drag him kicking and screaming if you have to but just get him out." At this point Kez had hugged Paul who wasn't really sure what to think, Kez broke the hug, wiped away the tears and asked " will you do this for me?"

"Kez what do you mean something happens to you, you don't mean do you, oh. Kez, look, I'm only a kid, not long since turned thirteen, I've matured a bit in the short time since I left home but I know I'm hardly doing a thing to help the Uprising. I don't think I could care for Beo I mean he is what sixteen, seventeen or older. I know you care for him but I think if you are looking for someone to look after him you need to find someone else. That said you have done a lot for me since I've been here and I've been looking for a way to repay you. I'm sure nothing bad will happen to you but if anything does I'll do everything I can to get Beo to safety, I can't drag him away kicking and screaming but I'm sure that I can do something. I'll make sure nothing bad happens to him." Paul said to Kez "Now why don't we go sit with Beo and pretend this conversation never happened. Oh and can you make me one of those, please?" Paul added pointing at the hot coco on the table.

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
Paul said to Kez "Now why don't we go sit with Beo and pretend this conversation never happened. Oh and can you make me one of those, please?" Paul added pointing at the hot coco on the table.

As paul moved to turn away Kez grabbed his arm "no kid, you misunderstand me i don't intend to die but if beo's in danger something may happen and if something does happen to me, He might do something stupid.. I just want him safe."

He released Paul's arm "i don't expect you to look after him, I intend to do that myself ok, now let's go relax we haven't got long.. You like yours with milk right?" he said as he went to make coco as Paul sat with Beo. "Hey Kid You want another?" he yellled to Beo.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
As Paul moved to turn away Kez grabbed his arm "no kid, you misunderstand me i don't intend to die but if beo's in danger something may happen and if something does happen to me, He might do something stupid.. I just want him safe."

He released Paul's arm "i don't expect you to look after him, I intend to do that myself ok, now let's go relax we haven't got long.. You like yours with milk right?" he said as he went to make coco. "Hey Kid You want another?" he yellled to Beo.

Paul went over to sit by Beo, he was still slightly stunned from the conversation that he had just had with Kez. That was a bit harsh of him, I suppose he is just stressed. Were a few hours away from being attacked by a bunch of thugs, of coures he'stressed every one is. Maybe I should do something to cheer them up.

"Any one hungry?" Paul asked "I'm not a good cook but I'v got a few cans of food in my bag and I know how to heat a tin of beans." People are always happier on a full belly.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
"Hey Kid You want another?" Paul yellled to Beo.

Beo was still a little stunned from the conversation that Paul and Kez had just had... He didnt want anything to happen to Kez, and he wouldn't just leave him. But then he looked to Paul, who he had forgot to introduce himself back to.

"Hey Paul, and yeah sure I wouldnt mind some coco and some food" Beo said smiling.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Do you know details about every move? How?" Sar asked Josh as he shoved another handful in his mouth.

"Not every move. Just a lot of them. And I learned a lot from Ashi back in the day, but when I came to Katsu, I had my notebook and well, having a laptop with wireless internet was good to do while we were hiding. They eventually did cut out my internet, but I had a lot down then. The whole concept just interests me. Hang on, I'll grab my book," Josh dug into his bag and pulled out a leather bound notebook, about the size of a manga or comic book. It was relatively thick and when he opened to show Sar, filled with notes on moves.

"See, I don't know every move up here," Josh tapped his head. "But there are a lot more in here. Go on, quiz me." He snapped the book shut and handed it to Sar.

Knight cringed as the Thunder Wave fell through his body, causing his body to spasm. He could move, but every so often and much slower too.

<Good one,> He said. <Now I'm slower and it's easier for you to dodge.> He charged foward again, his arm twitching as he ran. <Now for a Close Combat!> He was right on the Raichu now and went for a swing, both with his sworded arm and with a kick with his foot.

Sweet Dreams

Years
Sar took the notebook, curious. She flipped it open at random and read a few of the scribbles before turning the page. He's right. This is pretty interesting... She thought idly as she read another note. She did keep watch of the fight from a corner of her eye, though. That Raichu really could back a punch. He would just have to pack it with somebody else. She reached into the packet for another chip, smiling a bit when she reached a move that had something to do about Burr.

"What move cuts it's opponents current HP in half, and was originally thought it couldn't be learnt by any Pokemon apart from Ratatta or Raticate?" She asked. That was easy; even she knew about it, for one. Burr's ears twitched, and he scurried over to Sar's shoulder to peer into the book.

Out on the field, Raichu was enjoying himself. The Thunder Wave had hit. Knight ran forward again, slower than before. <Now for a Close Combat!> He yelled as he closed in. Raichu managed to dodge the arm, but had forgotten about the leg. He was lucky that it spasmed just before a hit, which meant that it was considerably weaker - which, unfortunately, was still rather strong. He slid a little way away, having landed on his feet, and he leapt into another Volt Tackle.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
"Hey. You're the Gym Leader here, right?" Chris interrupted, appearing beside Isabel. "I'm Chris, another member of the Uprising and runner up in the Johto conference. Sorry I'm late, something came up." Chris shot a quick smile to Isabel. "So, what's the plan for tonight?"

Isabel looked over at Chris and shook her head, her eyes wide and face pale. She turned on her heels and raced out of the Gym, running in the direction of the Pokemon Center.

"Hey!" Chris yelled after her before letting out a deep sigh. "Come on, I just caught back up..."

Chris ran out after Isabel and quickly caught up to her.

"Is! What's going on?" he asked while running beside her.

"Shut up, Chris!" Isabel spat, keeping her eyes forward.

"Just tell me what happened! You can't keep-"

"I said SHUT UP, Chris!" Isabel growled. "There's no time to explain things a million times and we have to hurry!"

Isabel pushed open the Pokemon Center doors and looked around at the people inside.

"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel shouted. "The Guardians are already there and prepared to take the first strike, but we need to be ready. There's no time to waste. PXS will be here in forty-five minutes."

(OOC: Short... But now we can get this started! :))

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai's ears perked up when he heard what was just said. FINALLY! He got his pokemon together and ran towards where the battle would be taking place. He started going over everyone on his teams roll one more time while he waited. All the anticipation had started to get Kensai excited rather than nervous. He looked around at everything going on around him. the Guardians were prepairing for the first wave, while other trainers were pumping themselves and their pokemon up. Kensai grabbed his large knife from his side and held it up against the light inspecting it and imagining how it would be used.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
(Karap, it erased my post. Let's try this again...)

Matsuko heard the announcement. She was enjoying the fight and would've liked to see how it ended, but this was too important. She dashed up the stairs and set off to find Ikiji...
--------------------------
Ikiji ran inside the Center only a few feet behind Isabel. She said something, but Ikiji ignored her, and ran towards the stairs to the gym. He ran down them two at a time...

...and halfway down, something slammed into his legs, sending him flying down the rest of the stairs. His head slammed into the wall at the bottom with a solid thud. Dazed, he sat up and felt his head; a very large lump was forming. He was about to have one monster of a headache. He looked up and saw what had hit him; it was Matsuko.

"Pika!"

"Matsu! Listen, we've got a problem..."

"Pi! Pikachu!"

"You do? Ah, right. Isabel."

He got to his feet, and winced as his head began to throb violently.

"Come on, we have to get to the walls. We need to be ready when PXS arrives."

"Pi!"

He dashed up the stairs and out of the Center, Matsuko at his heels. As they ran, she called out to him.

"Pi! Pikachu?"

"Something of one, yes."

He recited the plan he'd though of. She gave a concerned reply.

"Pika..."

"Perhaps, but it's better than no plan at all. Come on, let's hurry!"

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Paul was sat in the kitchen heating a tin of beans in a sauce pan, when Isabel ran into the front of the Pokemon centre.

"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel shouted through from the front of the Pokemon centre. "The Guardians are already there and prepared to take the first strike, but we need to be ready. There's no time to waste. PXS will be here in forty-five minutes." Paul switched the hob and ran outside, he stopped to let Slash and Bolt out and then continued to the outer wall. The three of them ran together to the outer wall, Paul hoped that the run would be enough to get them warmed up for the battle. Paul stopped, panting for breath, now where was the entrance the day that he had run up here himself, this way. Paul carried on, neither Slash nor Bolt had any ranged attacks so staying on top of the wall would be almost pointless, the PXS were hardly going to climb over it whilst under attack from Pokemon. No they would need to be on the ground inside the city and they would have to fight the PXS in close. By now the gates were in sight, they were closed and a mixture a large ice Pokemon stood by to reinforce them at a moments notice.

"Paul stop." A voice shouted over to Paul from somewhere high up and near by. "Up here."

Paul turned round to see Sue standing on top of the wall with her Pokemon. "Oh, hi Sue." Paul said as he ran over. Paul climbed the ladder and Bolt leapt up after him. Slash attempted to fly up but his wing was still too weak and he had to scale the wall in a series of small jumps instead. From on top of the wall Paul looked out in to the oncoming PXS forces.

(OOC I'll leave it there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back