• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Fletcher I hate you now, why the heck you move out of the wall to let Gerrard equalise?

Oh and, Torres is actually having an impact on the game as he first got Liverpool the penalty and then he was the one who got the equalising free kicks as well.

edit: Berbatov equalises! He's the first player since 1946 to score a hat-trick in a Man Utd-Liverpool match now.
Seems like he's now playing like the Berbatov of Tottenham!

Last edited:

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Oh, yeah! Liverpool lost! They suck this year. Berbatov scores again, with a hat-trick. Manchester played better in the first half and they had more goal attempts, but in the second half, Liverpool played a little better than they did in the first half and they managed to score two goals, both by Gerrard. Then Berbatov scored the third goal. It was a pretty interesting match and there were many chances from both sides.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
They suck this year? They always suck in the Premier League, except from the season they came second.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Wow, Juventus is really something, aren't they? It's about time they played half decent this season.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh what the hell. The referee booked three people (including the benched Agüero) and sent another one off because our goalie got the ball with his hands after a rival kicked it.

I'm still amazed.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Went, what is the final score? My cable guy is ripping me off and livescores.com is not working for me :|

Ivysaur

Years
1-0 after a neverending 5 minutes long injury time.

It's the first match we ever won with this referee in charge, and I can see why XD

So Valencia 1 - 13
Barça 2 - 12
Madrid 3- 11
Atlético 4 - 10

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Valencia is doing great without Villa. They have against Manchester this week, so we'll see if they show us something. CL this week!

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Yeah, maybe Villa and Silva were stealing the spotlight from possible great players in the team. And yeah, Mata stepped in and Soldado isn't doing so bad either.

Ivysaur

Years
That's precisely what everybody is saying lately- the other players were working just for them to solve everything, now that they are more of a team, they are doing better. Out of the top four, the only team to have played two of the other three teams is Atlético though, Madrid still hasn't played any and Barça and Valencia have yet to meet each other.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Yeah. So, Villa leaving was 'necessary' for Valencia to build up a strong-er team.

Malaga and Villarreal are destroying each other. 5 goals in 30 minutes!

Ivysaur

Years
Whoa... 5 goals, another one wrongly ruled offside, guys fighting (a booking and a red card)... why am I not watching this? XD

We are getting a storm of red cards after Messi got injured last week. It's crazy. This one is the 7th this weekend.

Last edited:

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Haha. The referees are to blame, really. The ones in La Liga suck, especially the one in Real Madrid's vs. Espanyol game. I heard they suspended him for a while; not sure.

Malaga this year is better, actually. And Villarreal aren't bad, at all; if they win tonight, I think they will be third or fourth, and Madrid will slip yet again.

Oh, and do you watch the German league? There's a team called Mainz, who won 6 matches straight and on Saturday, beat Bayern Munich, away! And above that, I think they are from the second division.

What's happening?!?

And Lazio! Last year, they were 14 or 15, and now, second!

I watch too much football.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Manchester's clash with Valencia will not be a walk in the park for the red devils. It will indeed be a very interesting match and I am expecting a good amount goals from both sides. I don't support either, so I don't really care who wins; Valencia has a better chance, IMO.

Years
It turns out Rooney is out for three weeks.

Valencia may be on a run of form in the league but they shouldn't be the favourites.

It is a good thing Berbatov has stepped up otherwise we would be screwed with our injuries at the moment.

Years
Heard that Millwall fans caused some trouble at QPR last night, including someone getting stabbed (Though I think that was out of the ground).

As for Leeds, what a way to lose a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back