• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
okay, fine... I guess you guys make sense.

this is what I've decided:

scratch the whole emerald solo run. it doesn't exist. I will delete it, too.

this is my new solo challenge, and it's much more epic.

what I will do is I will go through with the WHOLE thing.

LeafGreen (kanto) --> HeartGold (johto - as soon as I can find a working ROM) --> Emerald (hoenn) --> Platinum (sinnoh)

at the beginning of each game, I will name myself ARTEM (cuz that's my name...), and my rival BLUE, SILVER, and KLAUS, for KANTO, JOHTO, and SINNOH. obviously, you can't name May.

and also, I will hack in a low-level shiny beldum (because shiny looks so sick), and due to protests, I will do no further hacks.

amidoinitrite?

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
okay, fine... I guess you guys make sense.

this is what I've decided:

scratch the whole emerald solo run. it doesn't exist. I will delete it, too.

this is my new solo challenge, and it's much more epic.

what I will do is I will go through with the WHOLE thing.

LeafGreen (kanto) --> HeartGold (johto - as soon as I can find a working ROM) --> Emerald (hoenn) --> Platinum (sinnoh)

at the beginning of each game, I will name myself ARTEM (cuz that's my name...), and my rival BLUE, SILVER, and KLAUS, for KANTO, JOHTO, and SINNOH. obviously, you can't name May.

and also, I will hack in a low-level shiny beldum (because shiny looks so sick), and due to protests, I will do no further hacks.

amidoinitrite?

Much better. And having a shiny Pokémon is just fine. I think both stargate and I started at Level 5, so that should be the best level to hack in. Good luck!

Years
User Name: MareBear
Trainer: Mary
Game: SoulSilver
Pokemon: Shuppet / Banette
Time on Game: 3:24

Badge Case:
ZephyrBadge.png
HiveBadge.png

So, I started my Solo run with Shuppet/Banette last night. I began with the intro stuff, then once I obtained the PokeBalls from Ethan, I hacked in a level 5 Shuppet, who I named Dusk. We took on the gym in Violet City and beat Falkner thanks to Dusk's Curse and a little bit of luck. After looking at the Ruins of Alph and finishing grabbing some items, we headed to Azalea Town for our next badge. After running through Union Cave while battling trainers and grabbing items on the way, we made it to Azalea Town. We helped out Kurt and beat Team Rocket easily with Dusk being at least 8 levels higher than Proton's strongest Pokemon. We healed and headed over to beat Bugsy, who was pretty easy again and Dusk swept the gym with no problems. Once we beat the gym, we met our rival Silver for another battle. It was easy, again, and the only small problem we had was his Bayleef.

Current Team:
Shuppet.png

Dusk Level 23 ♂
Nature : Rash
Ability : Insomnia
Item : Shell Bell
Knock Off | Shadow Sneak | Night Shade |
Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
Years
Thanks a bunch! I couldn't find that at all. I don't know what I was doing wrong. And I have patched the game with it - heck, I've already beaten the whole thing before. XD

I also found a patch that makes some of the text English, or at least the moves and Pokémon names. It sounds small, but it helps a lot. So here's to finally getting to start that run. I'll post back in a while with a little log.

If you're looking for a translation patch you should definitely go here. They are constantly updating and are at least 90% done with all the translations. All the pokemon names and moves and text and such is in english and readable. This is what I use for pokémon black.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Much better. And having a shiny Pokémon is just fine. I think both stargate and I started at Level 5, so that should be the best level to hack in. Good luck!

I agree this is much better, no problems now. And just cause I like pointing it out in Johto and Sinnoh I used an egg so my Beldum was lvl 1 but thats just me :P.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
This looks cool. Imma join :D

Pokemon: Rhydon
Game: LeafGreen

EDIT: Not sure if I got accepted in, but this is my update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
Tory, unless you specifically state you want to do it with Larvitar, you are allowed to evolve.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I agree this is much better, no problems now. And just cause I like pointing it out in Johto and Sinnoh I used an egg so my Beldum was lvl 1 but thats just me :P.

You used eggs? Dang. I found a NDS ROM hacking tool and changed the starters for mine. XD

Also, update on Black Solo Run. (In spoilers just in case people don't wanna know the events yet)
Spoiler:

So that's one badge, and it's already clear that I need lots of training.

Also, I know it's not a story. You try translating all of the Japanese text. What I know is due to the current stage of translation of a patch I'm using and Serebii/Marriland.

Years
Time on Game: 9:39

Badge Case:
ZephyrBadge.png
HiveBadge.png
PlainBadge.png
FogBadge.png
StormBadge.png
MineralrBadge.png
GlacierBadge.png

After besting Silver, we started to make our way to Goldenrod City by way of the Ilex Forest. We made our way through Ilex Forest without much trouble then took on the trainers on Route 34. Once we made it to Goldenrod City and after finishing all the mini-quests, we took on the Goldenrod Gym. The trainers were easy but Whitney was very frustrating. Her Clefairy wasn't difficult at all but her Miltank gave me some trouble. Thanks to Attract and flinch hax, the battle was basically a stall war until Dusk was able to get a Will-O-Wisp off and eventually bring it down. Once we obtained the Plain badge, I set the clock forward to get the TM Return from the Department Store then we set off for Ecruteak City by way of Route 35, 36, and 37.

When we arrived at Ecruteak, we healed up and then made our way to the Dance Theater, where we saved another Kimono Girl, but this time from a Team Rocket Grunt. After that, we went to the Burned Tower, where we beat our rival again with ease, met Morty and Eusine, and set free the three roaming legendaries. We then headed to the Gym for our 4th badge and won it pretty easily, thanks to a type advantage but at the same time, not really. After beating Morty and heading back to a Pokemon Center, we headed for the next city on our list, Olivine City. We battled trainers on Routes 38 and 39 and Dusk finally evolved into a Banette! He's so much stronger now and I'm pretty confident we can take on anything. Also, we found a Shiny Leaf right before getting to Olivine City too!

EDIT: We finished the Lighthouse and just beat Chuck and Jasmine. Chuck went down fairly easily and Jasmine finally went down thanks to a double knockout. We are now headed to the Safari Zone to get the trainers and items there then back to Ecruteak to head on to Mahogany Town. At Mahogany, we stopped Team Rocket easily then faced Pryce, who also went down without a fight. We are now on our way to Goldenrod to stop Team Rocket once and for all!

Current Team:
Banette.png

Dusk Level 52 ♂
Item : Shell Bell
Faint Attack | Shadow Claw | Return |
Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
Years
just beat gyms 3-7 and i am heasing to destroy team galactic in veilstone. This is going to be easy. I am level 60 and still leveling up. Does anyone know a good place for a tyranitar that knows earthquake, hyper beam, thunderbolt, and flamethrower to train.

Years
Time on Game: 13:37

Badge Case:
Badges.png

Time for a long update! We literally just beat the Elite Four and became Champion but I'll start off where we left off with my team beating Team Rocket at Goldenrod City. After we crushed Silver again and disbanded Team Rocket, we headed for our final badge in Blackthorn City. At this point Dusk was OHKOing pretty much everything in his path, including Clair and her team and any other trainers we faced. After obtaining our final badge, we headed home to New Bark Town to see Professor Elm. Then, we made our way to see the Kimono Girls and face Lugia, who Dusk defeated pretty easily. Once that was over, we headed for Victory Road and all the while, beating any trainer we came across. By the time we got to the Indigo Plateau and beat Silver for the final time, Dusk was in the middle 60s and still beating everything in sight.

After stocking up, we then took on the Elite Four on our own. Will went down without a fight thanks to Faint Attack and Shadow Claw. Koga was also easy as well, despite his Forretress spamming Protect the entire match. Bruno was easy thanks to an X-Attack boost and Karen was surprisingly easy, as her Houndoom went down with one Return. Lance was an entire different story though and thankfully I saved before his match 'cause I restarted twice before finding the right combination of items and beating him to earn my spot as Champion of the Johto League!

Current Team:
Banette.png

Dusk Level 71 ♂
Item : BrightPowder
Faint Attack | Shadow Claw | Return |
Charge Beam

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
No update in a while cause Thanksgiving has been keeping me busy. (Plus every time I tried to update, the server was too busy, and I tried about four different times.) But here we go.

Spoiler:

So now I'm at three badges and I've already encountered Team Plasma a total of 5 times. Very interesting so far.

By the way...
I'll do an Ultimate Solo Run.
The games will be Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, and White.
The Solo Runner will be Trapinch (evolving).
The USC doesn't yet require you to play through the fifth generation yet, so if you don't want to, there's no need for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back