• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
Umm, I think I'll have to pass on this one because 1. I'm going straight to the elite four and 2. lack of type coverage.So lets try again for another one. :)

Name:Buzkiller
game: soulsilver
pokemon: 5
NFE : none please
Restrictions:

Dual types please(1 non) And no starters

Years
Umm, I think I'll have to pass on this one because 1. I'm going straight to the elite four and 2. lack of type coverage.So lets try again for another one. :)

Name:Buzkiller
game: soulsilver
pokemon: 5
NFE : none please
Restrictions:

Dual types please(1 non) And no starters

Sorry the only way you can play this challenge is from the beginning and you always have to take the team you were given unless they didn't fall under your (reasonable) restrictions, which you had none of. Please read the rules

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Name: WurmpleAddiction
Game: Heartgold
Pokemon: 5
No NFE's
restrictons: Good Pokemon, and Type coverage Please(also, Respectable Bug Type wanted)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Name: WurmpleAddiction
Game: Heartgold
Pokemon: 5
No NFE's
restrictons: Good Pokemon, and Type coverage Please(also, Respectable Bug Type wanted)
Golem, Raikou, Magmar, Gligar, Heracross

I normally try not to criticize the way challenge threads are set up, but there seems to be a lack of clear definition for when this challenge ends in all games. I rolled an Aerodactyl at first, but excluded it because I wasn't sure if Johto players go all the way to Red.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Golem, Raikou, Magmar, Gligar, Heracross

I normally try not to criticize the way challenge threads are set up, but there seems to be a lack of clear definition for when this challenge ends in all games. I rolled an Aerodactyl at first, but excluded it because I wasn't sure if Johto players go all the way to Red.

I approve!But I'm Suspecting That i can Evolve Magmar And Gligar

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
Confirming my team; Infernape, Mightyena, Swellow, Ludicolo, Grumpig, Zangoose
will be played on Pokemon Ruby as I cannot get Flora Sky to work.

errrrrr yeah I can't get infernape on Ruby, it seems whoever did mine didn't listen when I said Hoenn pokedex. could I get a redo do for that one pokemon, my restriction still being the hoen pokedex and the pokemon being a starter from that region or before

Last edited:
Years
Pokémon Fire Red
Badges: 6/8
Team:
006.png
083.png
134.png
082.png
145.png

Update:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Confirming my team; Infernape, Mightyena, Swellow, Ludicolo, Grumpig, Zangoose
will be played on Pokemon Ruby as I cannot get Flora Sky to work.

errrrrr yeah I can't get infernape on Ruby, it seems whoever did mine didn't listen when I said Hoenn pokedex. could I get a redo do for that one pokemon, my restriction still being the hoen pokedex and the pokemon being a starter from that region or before
That actually makes me think the person didn't use the randomizer to get your team. You should just take Blaziken since it's the equivalent in that gen.

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
ta man, confirming my team again; Mightyena, Swellow, Ludicolo, Grumpig, Zangoose and Blaziken

Years
Chapter 3, A Little Seed

So I went through the woods, and made it to Rustboro. There I traded in my next team member, Sephiroth the Seedot!(It was the best I could think of, okay!) So I went to train him and get him ready for the gym.*Training* Oh, hey Sephiroth, how ya do-WHAT!? What is happening?! Oh, he just evolved in to Nuzleaf. No biggie. *Battles* WHY WILL SEPHIROTH NOT OBEY ME!?! Oh well. *Many attempts to fight Roxanne later* Okay Zelda(Ralts, if you are just joining, in that case, hello!) just took Geodude down all by herself, lets give her a break. *Gulp* GO, SEPHIROTH! Use Bide!(Obey me gosh darn it!)*after a few turns* Use Bide!

WHAT!?! You took out Roxanne's Nosepass all by yourself!?!?!? AMAZING!

Yeah! I Got the Boulder Badge!

WHAAAAT!!?!?! You STILL wont obey me?! *Sigh*

Next time on Espeon Adventures, we will cover Mr. Briney, and more!

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Fire Red Challenge:

I just beat Giovanni/2nd to last Rival battle. It's been a pretty fun journey with some pokemon I have rarely, if ever used. Just for kicks I played the middle of the game pretty out of order. I ended up beating Blaine before Erika. But it's not over yet. Still gotta go through Victory Road and I want to get my pokedex up to 60 before I challenge the elite four. (currently 42)

Current Team:

Jynx (Zynx) Level 47:

Psychic, Ice Beam, Fake Tears, Lovely Kiss

The true glass cannon sweeper, with the increased SA lowered D nature. Predictable results.

Poliwrath Level 45:

Surf, Brick Break, Hypnosis, Substitute

I clearly didn't really know what I wanted to do with its moveset. I considered belly drum/rest but I figured since that would get annoying to set up all the time. Has kind of been my least valuable player. :/

Golduck Level 46:

Surf, Blizzard, Strength, Screech

Surprisingly effective considering it was my last addition. Good sweeper and strength even does okay because of its nature that increases Attack. I think this is the first time I have ever used a Golduck.

Vileplume Level 45:

Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Moonlight, Sleep Power

The least versatile member with only one attack. Giga drain didn't seem like an option due to the low amounts of PP ups in Fire Red. And this was back when Petal Dance only had a power of 70. Bought it a miracle seed and it does okay. Send out when the opponent has 4+ pokemon only.

Machamp Level 45:

Cross Chop, Brick Break, Seismic Toss, Rock Slide

Physical sweeper. Well no explanation really needed.

Nidoking Level 45:

Megahorn, Earthquake, Shock Wave, Thrash

My first member. Has kind of fallen on hard times despite being a mainstay all game. Another pokemon where I couldn't really decide on a moveset so it has everything.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Might as well try this.

Name: Thane
Game: Platinum
Number of Pokemon: 5
NFEs: (Yes/No) Nope
Restrictions: None.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Your team is:
Lopunny
Electivire
Mismagius
Drifblim
Chatot

That's a unique team right there! Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
I guess I will take this challenge on, however I already had the random number generator create my team, and I'm doing this challenge on my channel lol. But if you want me to post my team I guess I'll leave it in a later post, if not, I would love to keep the identity of my team secret for my LP :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I like this team and i'm taking it, there is one for you:
Scyther, Alakazam, Raticate, Articuno, Blastoise, Arcanine

I have one question: can i simply change method of evolving Machoke by hacking? Because i don't like the thing about starting with Machamp.

Is it ok if I have something that actually evolves? I'm not digging the Scyther.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Name: UnkwownType
Game: Ruby
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: Nope.
Restrictions: Make sure they're all possible to get in Ruby, before the Pokemon Leuage, and not involve trading to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back