• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I'm having yet another problem.

In this one, your rival doesn't move, so it appears that you are talking to nobody.

Spoiler:

What am I doing wrong?!

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2010
Ok here's my problem.

The script works fine and everything, however, when I go to the options to change the text speed, my player suddenly takes control of the sprite. It is completely random but I really need an answer to this.

Here's the compiled script: (I took out faceplayer so that he would continue to look out over the water as he said this)

'---------------
#org 0x8000AF
lock
msgbox 0x88000BC 0x6 '"Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and b..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000BC
= Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and beautiful.

I'm really new to this, so if anyone could help me I'd be thankful.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ok here's my problem.

The script works fine and everything, however, when I go to the options to change the text speed, my player suddenly takes control of the sprite. It is completely random but I really need an answer to this.

Here's the compiled script: (I took out faceplayer so that he would continue to look out over the water as he said this)

'---------------
#org 0x8000AF
lock
msgbox 0x88000BC 0x6 '"Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and b..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000BC
= Ahh the sea...\pIt's so calm and beautiful.

I'm really new to this, so if anyone could help me I'd be thankful.

Sounds like a 'look down' glitch not a scripting problem, change the sprite's movement to 'no movement' and test again.

---

Collen

Is the sprite hidden? If so you need to show the sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Metroid Die.

On the drop-down menu where you choose that person's OW, there are two "look down"s in the list. You want to make sure you use the first one on the list, as the second one causes this glitch.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Sounds like a 'look down' glitch not a scripting problem, change the sprite's movement to 'no movement' and test again.

---

Collen

Is the sprite hidden? If so you need to show the sprite.
It's not supposed to be.

Am I supposed to uncheck the "active sprite" box?

He's there... He just doesn't move.
The applymovement code isn't working.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
It's not supposed to be.

Am I supposed to uncheck the "active sprite" box?

He's there... He just doesn't move.
The applymovement code isn't working.

Try checking to see if any other sprites on the map have the same person ID #. Try changing the person ID # of the sprite you want to move and changing it in the script as well. Try deleting the sprite you want to move and reinserting it.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Thanks for the help guys, fixed the problem.

However, I have another question.

As soon as I get past the second text box, the script stops working...

#dynamic 0x800D65
#org @start
checkflag 0x323
if 0x1 goto @fine
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
release
end
#org @fine
release
end
#org @1
= Hey, wait up!
#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE
#org @2
= I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.
#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

The script isn't finished yet but I can't fins a solution to the problem >.>

You guys have been a help so far, so thank you.

I'm still trying to get the hang of scripting :P

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Try checking to see if any other sprites on the map have the same person ID #. Try changing the person ID # of the sprite you want to move and changing it in the script as well. Try deleting the sprite you want to move and reinserting it.
I found out the problem.
The sprite was offscreen.
Now I need noobish help.

When the script is finished, your rival walks off and disappears, but when you reload the map (exit and enter) he's there again. How do I make him disappear forever? I set the person ID as 910, by the way.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I found out the problem.
The sprite was offscreen.
Now I need noobish help.

When the script is finished, your rival walks off and disappears, but when you reload the map (exit and enter) he's there again. How do I make him disappear forever? I set the person ID as 910, by the way.
In your script, remove the setflag 0x910. Just set the person ID and it'll be fine. :D

Years
Hi,
I am using XSE on a Fire Red Rom and I was wondering how to go about creating an out of battle evolution sort of thing. I would like the event to happen in a way like when I talk to an NPC my Bulbasaur evolves into Ivysaur. I imagine this would be done with asm or at least by copying the exact pokemon data in the script but changing the species. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thank You

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey, me once again.

Sorry If I'm a nuisance, but I can't find tutorials to my questions anywhere...

Alright, my problem is this: My script is set on the square right outside a door (your house when you start in it). However, when I leave my house, I want the script to trigger, but it doesn't work unless I walk away and then walk back on the square.

Also, a quick question, how do you script a sprite and/or the player enter a building through a door?

#dynamic 0x800D65
#org @start
checkflag 0x323
if 0x1 goto @fine
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x0FF @fce
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x05 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @fine
release
end
#org @1
= Hey, wait up!
#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE
#org @2
= I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.
#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE
#org @fce
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE

If any of you guys could help me out, once again I'd be so happy :)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I have a simple and probably noobish problem: The text won't go to the next line. It would be on one line, run over, and read the /n and /l's! The comands are actually in the words! What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have a simple and probably noobish problem: The text won't go to the next line. It would be on one line, run over, and read the /n and /l's! The comands are actually in the words! What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler:

You want \ not / >< a simple mistake

@metroid die

You need a level script if you want something to happen as soon as you walk out the door.

@pokev

Yep ASM is needed and as far as I know nobody has a trigger evolution coding yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Hey. I'm using the Fire Red Hacked Engine and I have two questions:

1. How do you use the Pokémon Center script? I can make a custom heal script, but I can't get it so you go to a Pokémon Center when you die, instead you end up in map 0.0. I tried copying the level scripts from a Pokémon Center in vanilla Fire Red, but nothing :/

2. How exactly do you use the Wild Pokémon level editor? Here's the script I used:
#dynamic 0x100000
#org @start
setvar 0x4051 0x202
release
end

According to the instruction manual, (i think) this should make it so wild pokemon will be the same level as my strongest pokemon + 2 levels, but nothing happens whether i put it in a level script or a floor script :/

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Hey. I'm using the Fire Red Hacked Engine and I have two questions:

1. How do you use the Pokémon Center script? I can make a custom heal script, but I can't get it so you go to a Pokémon Center when you die, instead you end up in map 0.0. I tried copying the level scripts from a Pokémon Center in vanilla Fire Red, but nothing :/

2. How exactly do you use the Wild Pokémon level editor? Here's the script I used:
#dynamic 0x100000
#org @start
setvar 0x4051 0x202
release
end

According to the instruction manual, (i think) this should make it so wild pokemon will be the same level as my strongest pokemon + 2 levels, but nothing happens whether i put it in a level script or a floor script :/

For your first question, set a certain variable to the map number and bank, but I forgot which variable or the format for the value :/ Just find the info about pokemon center changes in the engine's instruction manual, it's in there. You're going to need to tweak the healing scripts to add the setvariable command in when you talk to the nurse.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I have little problem with playing specific sound for trainer battle...

does anyone know how to use specific battle song in trainer battle...?

I can change wildbattle song, but trainerbattle... i cannot...

wildbattle, just like this (using pokemon emerald rom):

Spoiler:

Years
Hello! I'm new here (and I'm from Poland, so my english isn't so good). I need help.
I want to know, how can I delete experience gained by defeating pokemons in Elite
Four (with Wallace) in Emerald. I want to do, that even my pokemons are 10 lvl, that
won't get EXP. It may be script similar to Battle Frontier (when I defeat somebody
there, I don't get EXP). Can somebody explain how can I do it? Please help...

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Hello! I'm new here (and I'm from Poland, so my english isn't so good). I need help.
I want to know, how can I delete experience gained by defeating pokemons in Elite
Four (with Wallace) in Emerald. I want to do, that even my pokemons are 10 lvl, that
won't get EXP. It may be script similar to Battle Frontier (when I defeat somebody
there, I don't get EXP). Can somebody explain how can I do it? Please help...

Actually, that would most likely require ASM skill, which I'm assuming you don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back