• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
As someone who actively plays competitively, this is awesome.

What about my other question; will Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes work?

At this moment, they act like the normal Spikes, but I intend to add the proper behaviour in future.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Tbh, I would personally love to see more videos :P even if it's just something like "here are some new sprites I inserted"

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Have you thought about incorporating this system into a "checkbox" type program?

Say, the user does not want all the functions of the patch, but only one. He/She can select which one and press "Patch" or a similar button in this program.

The program will automatically find free space, or you can specify the free space manually so that the offsets don't interfere. (A common problem with traditional patching). Used sapce (like the space in your patch) could be the same as a ROM hacker with their own hack, due to repointing large amounts of data such as maps, scripts, and sprites. Especially animations.

Do you get what I'm saying? You're doing great things with the FireRed Platform.
So what do you think?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Have you thought about incorporating this system into a "checkbox" type program?

Say, the user does not want all the functions of the patch, but only one. He/She can select which one and press "Patch" or a similar button in this program.

The program will automatically find free space, or you can specify the free space manually so that the offsets don't interfere. (A common problem with traditional patching). Used sapce (like the space in your patch) could be the same as a ROM hacker with their own hack, due to repointing large amounts of data such as maps, scripts, and sprites. Especially animations.

Do you get what I'm saying? You're doing great things with the FireRed Platform.
So what do you think?

I already answered this question somewhere in the last 11 pages.

Simply, no. This will not be happening. You can either have it all or nothing.

I lack the expertise to write a programme to install the necessary ASM into the ROM, AND a lot of the hacks are now intertwined. They have small reliances on other pieces of the patch. Plus, quite frankly, I can't be bothered to split the patch up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
I sent him a message some time ago, but he hasn't answered me. I'm not even sure if Lu-Ho is even involved in hacking any more.

There is an "unofficial" A-Map 1.92 which supports the new Pokémon, but I don't have it. (Yes, I know, I'm making the patch, but I don't have the A-Map which would help me with it - Ironic, huh?)

That is pretty ironic. So out of curiosity, how were you planning on tackling this issue? Also about the double wild battles, so you made it a chance type thing? Would we be able to change the double wild battle encounter ratio in each area?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
That is pretty ironic. So out of curiosity, how were you planning on tackling this issue?

Nothing. It's out of my control. People will simply have to hex edit the wild data if they want to use the new Pokémon.

Also about the double wild battles, so you made it a chance type thing? Would we be able to change the double wild battle encounter ratio in each area?

As of right now, no. However, the way the ratio is calculated is that any grass tile has a 5% chance (or so) to generate a double wild battle. It does this by picking a number off a table to compare with, so if you created a secondary grass tile, or added another tile to the list, which is only used in a certain area, it would be possible to control the encounter rate.

I'll explain further how this actually works at a later time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
About the patch, is the darker tinge a day/night thing and, if so, is there a way to change it to a different time zone?

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this already, but there are some instances where some letters are capitalized and others not. such as "OAK Pokemon RESearch LAB" and a boy in Viridian City who talks about "Pokemon CentreS."

Also, some things are still capitalized in Signposts and the battle screen still has "Type" capitalized.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
About the patch, is the darker tinge a day/night thing and, if so, is there a way to change it to a different time zone?

It's read directly from your computer's clock, if you've got the RTC on your emulator turned on. If you don't, it's always 00:00 on Monday 0th of January of the year 0000.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this already, but there are some instances where some letters are capitalized and others not. such as "OAK Pokemon RESearch LAB" and a boy in Viridian City who talks about "Pokemon CentreS."

Also, some things are still capitalized in Signposts and the battle screen still has "Type" capitalized.

I haven't decapped everything, and indeed, since this is a ROM BASE, I won't decap everything. What I am decapping is the stuff which carries from hack to hack. So not things like signposts, but things like the TYPE that you mentioned.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
I haven't decapped everything, and indeed, since this is a ROM BASE, I won't decap everything. What I am decapping is the stuff which carries from hack to hack. So not things like signposts, but things like the TYPE that you mentioned.

That's fair enough, but in your Arceus forms video all the plate items were capitalised yet the Pokemon names weren't. I would've thought that items/Pokemon were one of those things that should have matching capitalisation.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
That's fair enough, but in your Arceus forms video all the plate items were capitalised yet the Pokemon names weren't. I would've thought that items/Pokemon were one of those things that should have matching capitalisation.

The video's horrendously out of date in that respect. I have since decapped all the items and such. I might have missed some things (like the TYPE thing you pointed out, thanks by the way! :)), but the vast majority should be decapped now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Found some things in the Live Beta that carry over:

"No" is capitalized in "Noctowl," " Nosepass," "Normalize," "No Guard" and the descriptions for Levitate, Normalize, and No Guard. (Present in the Live Beta, but not in the Alpha 3)

The stat names are still capitalized in the attack and ability descriptions

Some old moves haven't been updated for Gen V

Teleport, Sandstorm, Return, Frustration, Rapid Spin, Swallow, Spit Up, Magic Coat, Brick Break, Plus, Minus, Honey Gather, Multitype, and Sand Force have words capitalized in their descriptions

Rock Smash is showing Master Ball's description, and Whirlpool is showing the end of it

"Speed" in Sand Rush is spelled "SPPED."

Not sure how many of these you're already aware of, but…

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Nothing. It's out of my control. People will simply have to hex edit the wild data if they want to use the new Pokémon.

I assume there is a tutorial on this or you will make one. I am quite ignorant on this issue. I envy your ASM abilities. :)

I read tutorials on ASM and get lost at the introduction. How did you start off with this? I think I need a tutor for something like this.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Found some things in the Live Beta that carry over:

"No" is capitalized in "Noctowl," " Nosepass," "Normalize," "No Guard" and the descriptions for Levitate, Normalize, and No Guard. (Present in the Live Beta, but not in the Alpha 3)

Related to a bug fix. I will fix these momentarily.

The stat names are still capitalized in the attack and ability descriptions

This is a graphical thing. It is not text (or at least, I don't think it is, correct me if I'm wrong). It would be quite hard to fix if it is graphical, since, quite frankly, I'm not good at graphical aspects.

Some old moves haven't been updated for Gen V

It'd be helpful if you could list which moves this refers to. Obviously, I have been concentrating on the Gen 4 and 5 moves and getting them to work, so I acknowledge that the Gen 1-3 moves are "wrong".

Teleport, Sandstorm, Return, Frustration, Rapid Spin, Swallow, Spit Up, Magic Coat, Brick Break, Plus, Minus, Honey Gather, Multitype, and Sand Force have words capitalized in their descriptions

Rock Smash is showing Master Ball's description, and Whirlpool is showing the end of it

"Speed" in Sand Rush is spelled "SPPED."

Not sure how many of these you're already aware of, but…

Thanks for these, I will fix them ASAP.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This is a graphical thing. It is not text (or at least, I don't think it is, correct me if I'm wrong). It would be quite hard to fix if it is graphical, since, quite It'd be helpful if you could list which moves this refers to. Obviously, I have been concentrating on the Gen 4 and 5 moves and getting them to work, so I acknowledge that the Gen 1-3 moves are "wrong".
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_modified_moves

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
This is a graphical thing. It is not text (or at least, I don't think it is, correct me if I'm wrong). It would be quite hard to fix if it is graphical, since, quite frankly, I'm not good at graphical aspects.

The Stat thing is in the text. Tail Whip's descriptionhas "Defense" capitalized and Guts' description has "Attack" Capitalized, same in the other attack and ability descriptions.

It'd be helpful if you could list which moves this refers to.

Bind needs to have an accuracy of 85

Wrap needs to have an accuracy of 90

Disable needs to have an accuracy of 100

Blizzard should be unable to miss while hailing

Growth needs its Gen V effect implemented

Bide needs to have a priority of 1

Glare needs to have an accuracy of 90

Waterfall has a 20% chance of making the opponent flinch

Curse needs to be Ghost-type

Protect and Detect should have a priority of 4

Foresight and Odor Sleuth should never miss

ExtremeSpeed needs to have a priority of 2

Future Sight needs to have a Power and accuracy of 100 and a PP of 10

Rock Smash need to have a power of 40

Whirlpool needs a power of 35 and accuracy of 85

Beat Up needs its Gen V effect implemented

Fake Out needs to have a priority of 3

Stockpile needs a PP of 20

Nature Power should call different moves, unless you aren't planning on changing that

Odor Sleuth should always hit

Sand Tomb needs a power of 35 and accuracy of 85

Icicle Spear needs a power of 25

Covet needs a power of 60

Rock Blast needs an accuracy of 90

Doom Desire needs a power of 140 and accuracy of 100

Also, are you planning on modifying the "habitat sections" (Grassland Pokemon, Forest Pokemon, etc.) of the Pokedex for the new Pokemon, or would that be something individual users would need to do?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I already answered this question somewhere in the last 11 pages.

Simply, no. This will not be happening. You can either have it all or nothing.

I lack the expertise to write a programme to install the necessary ASM into the ROM, AND a lot of the hacks are now intertwined. They have small reliances on other pieces of the patch. Plus, quite frankly, I can't be bothered to split the patch up.
I understand where you're coming from.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Also, are you planning on modifying the "habitat sections" (Grassland Pokemon, Forest Pokemon, etc.) of the Pokedex for the new Pokemon, or would that be something individual users would need to do?

That's a very interesting question. I had assumed this was something Jambo would need to do in order to stop the Pokedex freezing upon capturing a 4th/5th gen Pokemon, but it's still worth asking for sure.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Also:

"Use" and "Toss" for the item use screen are still capitalized

And not sure if you know this, or applied it yourself, but all of the moveset pointers from Sandshrew on are the same

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
That's a very interesting question. I had assumed this was something Jambo would need to do in order to stop the Pokedex freezing upon capturing a 4th/5th gen Pokemon, but it's still worth asking for sure.

Indeed. I have already done it. There does seem to be some issues with the capture of Gen 2-5 Pokémon pre-national dex, but it doesn't crash the game. Indeed, only Burmy crashes the game on capture right now. (I have no idea why though).

Also:

"Use" and "Toss" for the item use screen are still capitalized

And not sure if you know this, or applied it yourself, but all of the moveset pointers from Sandshrew on are the same

Thanks. I am aware of the moveset issue. It's in the process of being fixed at the moment, by a volunteer who agreed to take care of them.

I can't stress how grateful I am to that person for doing it!

Also, I implemented all of the changes you mentioned re. the moves, with the exception of Growth. That will be implemented at some stage today, most likely.

ETA: Growth's 5th Gen effect is now implemented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back